All reviews taj group hot water bottles taj coonoor old world charm magic show wooden flooring beautiful property the hotel staff breakfast spread welcome drink executive room sitting room upper coonoor british era rooms are large table tennis modern amenities
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Couldn't have asked for a better hotel than Taj Gateway at Coonoor. Great staff and well maintained hotel. Many activities within the premises for your kids. Yoga, Spa, snooker, etc are few things that one should try out.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MuraliDharan, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Church Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Mr. Kayal,

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the stay and services.
We look forward to your continued patronage of The Gateway Hotel Coonoor and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Had a good experience, I had been there on earth Hour day.. Taj Group has did a fantastic way by lighting off for 1 hour. I Didn't feel a huge difference as they cared to give candles and all other care during that time.

The stay was good, Children enjoyed the activities, We had a relaxed Massage in the Well ness center.. The place had beautiful Vegetable Growing farm within the wellness center.. Nice to see they grow vegetables for Own Use..

I had got a free upgrade to Suite room, To my surprise there were 5 rooms all togather inside.. 1 Sitout, with Sofas, One Bedroom with the Windows opening to Sitout... then a Dressing room, One Big really big may be 15*10 bath room with 2 Washbasin, etc etc etc.... Oh my god we got really a royal treatment..

Was worth paying...

Room tip: I suggest to stay in cottage.. Its in open space. I stayed in a suite which was slightly isolated..
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MuraliDharan, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Church Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Mr. Jeankamal,

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the stay.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We arrived as a family party of six, three family couples, in the second half of February 2017. From the moment of our arrival until the moment of departure we were treated with excellent service, exceptional courtesy and respect and a high standard of accommodation and culinary delight. If honest I could be slightly critical about the general condition of the property as it could do with some maintenance and TLC, but that aside I could not fault this hotel. This is not simply my opinion but that of all in our party.

I happen to work in the holiday accommodation sector in the UK so all in our party being invited to the hotel's award ceremony and conference on our last evening was a very enjoyable bonus. I was impressed not only by the team spirit but also by the inclusion of all employees and their families and the sheer dedication of the award winners.

On a slightly negative note you do need to be mindful when paying your bill. Although I specifically asked for the transaction to be carried in local currency (the Rupee) it was actually carried out in Stirling with a fairly poor exchange rate at the time against that offered by my credit card provider. This actually added around £26 to the bill which I only noticed that evening when checking payments online. This may be something to do with The Gateway being part of The Taj Group and having a group payment policy

Otherwise go and enjoy a stay at The Gateway Hotel

Room tip: All rooms appear good, we had no complaints from anyone in our party
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MuraliDharan, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Church Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Mr. Pete,

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay. We have noted your feedback regarding the billing discrepancy and will certainly have it addressed.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

You can enjoy with family in this hotel. All associates are friendly and you can enjoy the playing amenities like football, volley ball, cricket, shuttle and cycling. They also provide indoor games like chess, carom also kids playing room available. Rooms are spacious and garden is maintained fantastic.

Dear Mr. Gopinath,

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Taj Gateway hotel at Coonoor is a wonderful old yet well maintained colonial property spread over 5 acres of lush green surroundings..... With well kept old pine trees and other colorful flower species, the surrounding of this property is so lovely,green and soothing for your eyes and soul.... Amazingly peaceful hotel rooms and well kept garden along with wonderful food....... What more any guest can expect when he/she arrives for a peaceful and soulful vacation... Ever helping staff once again reminds you the well-known Taj hospitality and makes you further comfortable in this unique and small just 32 rooms hotel...... If you wish to go for quite peaceful holiday in the lap of nature that is on the almost 6050 feet heighten Nilgiri mountains that is called Queen of Mountains in Tamilnadu, India... So just go for this cool and comfortable place for your soulful holiday.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MuraliDharan, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Church Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Mr. Makarand,