“ Very delicious and relaxing lunch!”
Review of Cafe Diem

Cafe Diem
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Coonoor
Price range: USD 6 - USD 14
Description: A cafe that's an all day dining option from 11am to 6pm. Soups, salads, panini sandwiches, pastas thin crust pizzas, crepes, tarts - savoury and sweet, ice creams and more. Make a reservation if planning lunch at the cafe. Weekends are very busy and reserving your table is highly recommended.Food is not served on the open deck for the safety of our clients as there is a monkey menace. Wednesday’s CLOSED
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Our dear friends from Bangalore brought us here for a most delicious and relaxing lunch. The restaurant is extremely cozy and Radhika is an exceptionally gracious hostess. We had the pleasure of eating mushroom and pumpkin soup, savory tart, a platter of falafel and dips, and thin crust pizza. Finally we moved to the terrace to enjoy various delicious desserts, including a spectacular lemon tart and a variety of ice creams, as well as tea and espresso, all while admiring the pretty view.

ekaanth, Owner at Cafe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you so much for your words of appreciation. My team and I were delighted to have your group at the café and are glad to note that you enjoyed the food and the ambience.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We had an unforgettable afternoon at Cafe Diem. The food was both a sight for sore eyes and a unique experience for the tongue. Each and every dish that the owner Radhika recommended to us was authentic and bursting with flavor. The restaurant was opened for us on a Wednesday on special request as they are generally closed on Wednesdays. We celebrated 2 birthdays that will definitely stay in our memories for a long time. The whole set up of the restaurant was modern yet homely. Service was friendly, fast and efficient. Kudos to the lovely owner, chef and the staff!

ekaanth, Owner at Cafe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you so much for your appreciation. My team and I are delighted to note that your group had a memorable reunion at Café Diem in coonoor. Wishing each of you a wonder year ahead.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Cafe Diem continues to innovate and surprise me by making their completely vegetarian cuisine more interesting. They have added a tofu pizza, which has a wonderfully smokey aroma; there is a new starter platter with a delicious tapenade and other dips; and a broccoli tart has been added to the delicious mushroom and onion tart.
The pumpkin soup remains a comfort food favourite as does the tarty lemon tart to end the meal.

ekaanth, Owner at Cafe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you so much for appreciating our efforts to constantly offer more variety to our patrons. Incidentally we have also introduced a dessert platter, which I hope you will get to taste in your next visit and a choux pasty with an amazing home made praline custard with a caramel glaze.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I am a native of Coonoor and have moved to Chennai and hence this nice place got somehow unnoticed. Last week I decided to give this place a try. A little bit difficult to find as it is hidden inside a bungalow complex on the Coonoor- Kotagiri highway just near a place called Bandhishola. The best part that I liked is that is a pure vegetarian dining outlet serving predominantly world cuisine. The ambience is outstanding and one can have a quiet chat over lunch or coffee or a pastry. The sit out overlooking the hills is a treat and perfect for a romantic sip of coffee. The restaurant inside can possibly accommodate around 20 people at the max and is elegantly designed to reflect the theme. I had a Avocado desert/pastry which was fantastic. You would have to specifically mention "egg less" in your order of pastries as they have varieties with egg too. The beautiful display of the menu at the entrance excites the taste buds. The owner is a very helpful and friendly person who engages with most customers. This is definitely a niche place and they prefer it to be so. A few things however can make the experience better. I feel that the portions need to in line with the prices charged at the premium place or the prices can be on the lower side. I thought a bit more or staffing on the services side would help in bringing more efficiency. The other draw back I thought was that the place is not open for dinner. Having said that, one cannot but appreciate the attention to detail in making the whole place a wonderful dining experience. Given this, I would rate the place at a 3.75 to 4.

ekaanth, Owner at Cafe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review and candid comments. My team and I will endeavour to work on the inputs given by you. Look forward to seeing you here again. Cheers

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I admit I only visited this place one time. I think it's good to support new and local businesses. That said, while there was nothing really wrong with the place - IMHO, there was othing so special about it either. It's decor is cute, good for a diner or casual student café ( nothing wrong with that ). But then menu selection is limited, my pizza & my friends pasta order were just okay. The owner and staff were nice, but place feels like a home style type business. Again - that's ok. The fresh juices were very good though and the view is very special.

ekaanth, Owner at Cafe Diem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for visiting the café and your feedback, which we truly value. Yes you are right - our menu is indeed limited. We intend to gradually offer more options, incorporating a lot of local seasonal ingredients. This will offer the much required variety as well. As our name indicates, it is meant to be a café, but somewhere along the way in the last seven months of our presence people have started to consider it a restaurant - which indeed it isn't as you have rightly stated. It is meant to be a casual café with a view.
Thank you and hope to see you again when you visit the Nilgiris.