“Best business hotel in Coimbatore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Coimbatore

Le Meridien Coimbatore
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Coimbatore
Dubai
“Best business hotel in Coimbatore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have read some of the reviews on this hotel on trip advisor and thought of adding my review since I am a frequent visitor to India and Coimbatore in particular for business.

First of all I am not sure why this hotel is not the first on the list of hotels for Coimbatore.

I visited Coimbatore in Dec of 2011 for a last minute business trip and had booked at a local hotel, and was not so excited about the stay, however while the plane was circling prior to approach over the city I saw a large Le Meridien sign board on the ground and thought to call them once we land.

After landing called them and sure enough they had rooms available, so we cancelled our current reservation and went to the Le Meridien.

I have to say it is defiantly worth the change, the hotel was new, rooms are new and definately higher standards than anything in Coimbatore at the moment.

However as in new hotels, you have some glitches from time to time. For example, a friend traveling with us did not have hot water in his room, however the maintenance team rectified it in 10 mins after we placed the call to the front desk. Late at night I remembered to put my iPhone on charge and was screwing around with the plug and shorted something that led to my room's power breaker tripping. I called front desk and in 3 mins that maintenance guys were knocking at my door and got power running again.

Wifi also was supported through out the hotel,staff was friendly, I was locked out of my room for forgetting the keys and called the lobby from a friends room, the front desk person actual came up herself to give me a new key upstairs while I was waiting in front of my room (they knew me since I had checked in only an hour back).

Breakfast buffet had a huge selection of local and foriegn food.

In conclusion, if your going to Coimbatore this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank SnA
Sanjay G, General Manager at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the time you have taken to write such a lovely, welcoming and positive feedback on Le Meridien Coimbatore. I am happy to note my team lived up to your expectation. Such feedback keeps my team motivated and aim for higher guest satisfaction. We firmly believe that we are only as good as our last guest experience!
On behalf of the entire team of Le Meridien Coimbatore I thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back to explore new perspectives and chic discovery

Kind regards,

Sanjay Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I just spent two nights here on business. The hotel is only two months old. It's very clean and comfortable with many 4-star amenities. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food is ok and there is a very large buffet serving a variety of Indian and other fare. Breakfast is free but lunch and dinner are pricey. It's a nice place to stay but expensive by Indian standards.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sanjay G, General Manager at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are very glad that you felt very welcome at the hotel and liked the cleanliness and our amenities. I can assure you the team is very motivated when we receive such glowing feedback! As regards price, we have now got a special offer page on our Le Meridien Coimbatore website, where several offers are customized to suit your needs. We do hope that you will be returning to Coimbatore soon and to Le Meridien Coimbatore!
Best regards,
dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Le Meridien Coimbatore is one of the best place to stay for tourist & business traveler.one who wants the best days of stay can opt le meridien coimbatore luxury property.It is like a tourist spot by it self the way it has been designed ,go enjoy the different types of cuisines in Peacock(indian)Latest recipe(24 hours restaurant) Ponzu(Asian restaurant) illy coffee(world best coffee)latitude 11(variety of drink more than your imagination).As this is new property include your suggestion and feedback for their improvement. Cheers Le meridien coimbatore wishing u all the best and happy new year 2012.....

Room Tip: Rooms which faces latest recipe
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank karthik1985
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the time you have taken to write such a lovely, welcoming and positive feedback on Le Meridien Coimbatore. Such feedback keeps my team motivated and aim for higher guest satisfaction. We firmly believe that we are only as good as our last guest experience!

Kind regards,
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Being a Starwood Hotels Loyalist, I stayed at the new Le Meridien Coimbatore on a recent visit to the city. The hotel is still very new. However, prices for everything are completely out of sync. A portion of noodles - which is just a few spoonfuls is Rs.450/= + taxes, car hire charges for a 20 minutes drop is Rs. 1000/=. Most importantly, the hotel is situated in the back of beyond. Stay away from the property!

Room Tip: Don't stay at Le Meridien unless it is an absolute necessity - which shouldn't be the case.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aneesh2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out time to write feedback on Trip Advisor. We value your feedback and assure that the pricing on our menus and travel services are all corrected. The hotel project is completely over and we are consistently getting good feedback.
As regards location we are close to the airport and slightly away from the city.
I hope the above incident will not mar your impression on Le Meridien Coimbatore.
I look forward welcoming you again.
General Manager.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Coimbatore badly needed some quality accomodation and with the opening of the Le Meridien there, this should provide a big fillip to Coimbatore. The hotel is actually outside the city and about 7-8 Kms beyond the airport. It is only about 10 mins to the airport. This is a spanking, large property with first class rooms. I understand that the hotel is yert to be formally inaugurated which was clearly understood by the fact that there were only about 20 odd rooms occupied. You could make out that the staffw as trying to get comfortable with the new systems, etc, which happens in a new property. Having said that, the staff was always willing to go the extra mile and help. The lobby is massive and luxorious. The coffee shop is again huge (actually feels massive). I happened to try this for the Dinner buffet as wella s breakfast and the service ws good. The buffet had a huge variety and was priced very reasonably (about USD 13). I also had a drink at the bar which is very modern and well stocked. A great gesture was the 2 coffee coupon in the room which allows one to grap 2 cappuccinos in the reception during the stay.
All in all - a great addition to Coimbatore but it is about 15 to 20 minutes away from Coimbatore proper.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gagan R
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are very glad that you felt very welcome at the hotel. I can assure you the team is very motivated when we receive such glowing feedback! We do hope that you will be returning to Coimbatore soon and to Le Meridien Coimbatore!
Best regards,