“Palace-like hotel!”

Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Excellent hotel, beautifully designed. Very, very spacious rooms with lovely artwork and decoration. Hotel provides Rajasthani entertainment every night by the poolside. This includes a very enjoyable puppet show, magic show and trinket stalls. Restaurant was excellent! Multicuisine, staff even gave us free dessert on occasion! Hotel also had a very lovely giftshop with excellent merchandise. Rooms could have been better heated with extra power points as there was only one in each room (and the rooms were quite large). Definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur

Reviewed 24 January 2012

For some official work, I planned to visit Jodhpur, Rajasthan along with few of my colleagues last Thursday. Last time I stayed at Umed Bhawan palace and was completely pampered with all those goodies. However, due to the pressure of work and brief stay and not to miss that due to non availability of Umed Bhawan, I was booked at Taj. To my surprise I was completely dissapointed with the reception and the facility at the Taj. First the so called welcome drink was missing but when asked after entering the room, the attendant brought the so called welcome drink....the bath tub had stains that looked like the blood stains was not cleaned at all but then the tub had some defects....Finally, there was no room slippers, or paste or shaving cream etc. Since I was used to all these facilities, I didn't carry one since I was so used to all these facility available at all the hotel I usually stay. When I checked at the time of check out, I was told that such things are only provided if requested.....come on...since when Tatas started working on cost saving more than service to the guests.....The next day, on my way back to Delhi, I had some work at Agra hence, stayed at the Jaypee Palace where I had stayed before, nothing had changed here rather things had improved a lot, the only thing that made me wonder was why are the hotel charging for the WIFI and since when....now a days with all those attractive packages available, such things should be provided complimentary to the guests at least in 5 star hotels....I felt bad cause due to my tight schedule I did not get time to visit the Taj but then I was sweetly rewarded by my wife when she got to know about it.....

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Rooms were good and was showin the glimpse of being in a top hotel in a royal city accompanied with good service.. The breakfast was attempted to match the international tastes and preference, but could have been better... Nevertheless, can defintely feature in top 3 in list of hotels I want to stay in Jodhpur...

Room Tip: The one facing the pool can be a good choice. I was on the 3rd floor and was pretty nice as had the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in Jan 12. The hotel is obviously popular for weddings; there was one each day we stayed. Rooms are pleasant, clean and quiet. The only disappointment was the service; it's too upfront. During meal times the staff don't leave you alone. One breakfast time we were asked 5 times whether everything was ok! "Nothing has changed since the last time you asked me 3 minutes ago".
Looking for a change from Indian food one lunchtime we ordered pizzas. I have to say they were fantastic. Why don't we put paneer on pizzas at home?
I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We were at the Vivanti by Taj for 2 nights and spent New Year's Eve. The service was wonderful. The room was fantastic. The only complaint has to do with New Year's Eve itself - how and when dinner was being served was not made clear, so it was well after 10 before most figured out the buffet in the other room was available.

The bar lounge was bright and service was great. We ate in the restaurant on site for one dinner and enjoyed the food - good quality food for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Jodhpur hotels
3.2 km away
Ratan Vilas
Ratan Vilas
#2 of 95 in Jodhpur

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Jodhpur

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur

Address: 5 Taj Hari Mahal Residency Road, Jodhpur 342001, India
Region: India > Rajasthan > Jodhpur District > Jodhpur
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Spa Hotel in Jodhpur
#3 Family Hotel in Jodhpur
#3 Luxury Hotel in Jodhpur
#3 Business Hotel in Jodhpur
#4 Romantic Hotel in Jodhpur
Price Range: $218 - $528 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur 5*
Jodhpur is a popular tourist destination with palaces, forts and temples, set against the landscape of the Thar Desert. Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, offers Rajasthan's legendary hospitality along with comfortable opulence. Located just 5 kilometres from the Jodhpur airport, the resort is also close to the city's vibrant bazaars. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vivanta By Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur