“This place really is Heaven!”
Review of Heaven Guest House

Heaven Guest House
Ranked #46 of 195 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2012

while staying at the Heaven Guest House, it quickly became apparent the owners love what they do!! No matter what you threw at them, they could help and were more than happy to do so with a huge smile on their face! The rooftop view was absolutely stunning and the food was great! Best Veggie Burger I have ever had! I would recommend this place to anyone and will stay again if I ever find myself in Jodhpur! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We are long term travelers with basic needs - general level of cleanliness and enough space for our (minimal) stuff. When we first arrived there was a bit of confusion with our room and we were uneasy about how it was getting resolved. Then the woman of the house showed up, and everything was amazing after that. (Sorry, I don't recall her name exactly.) She makes ALL the difference and it is a big difference.

The rooms range from very basic to nicely decorated. The rooms are all clean. I think every room has a different price, and for the most part I think the price correlates to decoration. We saw a wide range of rooms while there, and although I say the rooms are priced on decoration - make no mistake that more expensive rooms are nicer. Also, with a total of four floors (including one room on ground floor but excluding the restaurant on the fifth floor) the rooms are more expensive the higher up you go.

Due to the initial confusion, we ended up in a room on the top floor. It was nice, but it didn't have windows with a great view (not that we cared). There was hot water at all hours that I tried to shower (including midnight). The city does shut off everyone's power from 9am-12pm daily.

The restaurant upstairs is good with good prices. The woman gave us little bits of several things she was making for her family. They were so delicious and such a nice touch. She also helped arrange a rickshaw tour of the city for one day.

We left for two days to do a village homestay and when we returned we had asked them to just save us a cheap room, and we slept on the first floor (ground floor) in a room that I thought was theirs, but it actually has a number "1" on it. It is their room if no one needs it and it is also a pseudo storage room, but for 500R (and we asked for the cheapest room) this was all we needed to clean up and sleep for a few hours before our 5am train.

Room Tip: Room #1 on the ground floor is 500R and VERY basic. It is actually their room if they haven't re...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights whilst travelling around Rajasthan and this was by far THE BEST guest house/hotel we stayed in in India. The location is excellent, within walking distance of the clock tower and markets and with a fantastic view of the fort from the roof top restaurant. The rooms were clean and a lot of thought had obviously gone into the decor.

The thing which sets this guest house apart from any other we stayed in was the owners. They were so friendly, welcoming and helpful and really made us feel like we were at home.The food in the rooftop restaurant was delicious and definitely worth trying whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner - made even better eaten against the backdrop of the fort!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had an absolutely lovely stay at the Heaven Guest House. The owner was very helpful in arranging day trips for me and made sure that I made the most of my stay. The rooms were nicely decorated and were clean, the shower was hot, and the place has a charming rooftop with good food and good views. I found it all very relaxing, especially because the owners made me feel like I didn't have to worry about a thing! Recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I've been staying in Heaven many times and now this place became my second home. During my travels culture, local customs and people are the priority. Here I found it all, enriched with homy and lovely atmosphere. Rooms are nice and clean, one of the best in Blue City view from rooftop restaurant and unforgettable delicious veg food. Now wraping the sari, making masala chai it's a piece of cake and definitely I'm coming back soon to learn more.
Thanks Nisha & Vinodsa for looks after !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends