Thar Exotica
USD 53
USD 59
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 77/night.

USD 41
  • Pool
USD 38
Hotel Jaswant Bhawan(Bikaner)(Great Value!)
USD 20
Shanti House(Bikaner)(Great Value!)
USD 9
Tanisha Heritage Haweli(Bikaner)(Great Value!)
USD 21
Agoda.com
Hotel Chirag(Bikaner)
USD 59
TripAdvisor
USD 94
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbig propertythe ownercooperative staffclean roomsplace to stayresortwagonhospitalitylawnsambiencejaisalmer
Reviewed 2 December 2014

We were a group of avid bird watchers and planned our trip to view the raptors at Bikaner. Marudyan Resort is ideally located for this as it is on the main road and 15 minutes from the birding area. The resort is clean with home cooked food and friendly staff. The owner is a keen naturalist himself and great company. The dogs at the resort are a friendly lot. The large campus and trees are a treat in the desert and we birders found them teeming with bird life. Rooms are functional and met our basic requirements. There is no WIFI connectivity, room service, intercoms or televisions. This may put off some people and I would recommend this place only to this who wish to get away from all this for a while, and who are fond of the outdoor and nature. For a keen bird watcher, don't even look anywhere else, and request the owner to take you out in his open jeep atleast for half a day.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Me and My Family had a trip planned to Bikaner after Diwali ( 24th-26th Oct ) so, while looking for some good hotels on the internet for booking.. I came across this " Not at all Resort-like " Marudyan Resort on few websites and tripadvisor. The photographs and some wrongly written and misguiding reviews left a great impression so.. i instantly booked a room for 2 days. Everything seemed to be perfectly alright as the owner's gesture was very welcoming and overall i couldn't see anything problematic. BUT.. the whole scenario changed when we reached " THE MARUDYAN RESORT ".

First of all, the location of the hotel is the biggest factor. Even though we were informed about the distance factor but we never knew that its midst nothing.. no market, no conveyance facility..nothing at all.. Secondly, the concept of the hotel ambitious but nothing has been put to good use..not even the large area. Its dim lit, pitch black at some places and trust me it might give you some jitters near the pool area.

Now, another dissapointment was awaiting us.. The ROOMS..!! Rooms are big, clean but... after the first night they did not even bother to change the bedsheets n all even after we requested them. so, we had to manage with the ones we used the previous night. Just a single POWER SOCKET in the room, no mirrors.. nothing!! and, the extra bed is a Folding bed which is very uncomfortable.
The bathrooms are very big BUT not soo clean. Mind it..!! A resort is never like they're maintaining it.
In and around the room, its gloomy and full of mosquitoes

We were the only guests at that time. The food was very homely but was no value for the exorbitant money. Plus, improper accommodation for the driver was also a problem for us.

One good point was... the Dogs DO NOT bother at all. They're very good indeed..! and the hospitality of the owner was good.

At last, we'll never forget this bad experience and it is highly NOT recommended....!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 65RKD
Reviewed 28 October 2014

One of the main reason to choose this place was that we could take our 4 months old dog with us. There was no problem to leave the dog with the staff while we went out the explore Bikaner city. Food was very good but rooms could be a little better ( though the rooms were very clean with big bathrooms). Owner lives at the hotel and is very friendly and helpfull. We always got some good tips from him to travel around.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool may get a bit noisy once the pool is active otherwise these are better rooms than the cottages.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband we booked two rooms. We saw in trip advisor and liked everything of the hotel imcluding the owner who runs it. He has three beautiful dogs and i also have a pet dog( roxy) with me and myself also im a dog lover.
We reached in the hotel late night( byroad journey from mathura to bikaner). On reaching there we were greeted by him and his lovely pets. All rhese was fine upto this.... My roxy( cocker spenial) became very violent after seeing three dogs outside the car and even his pets were also barking after seeing him.
Dogs are never friendly with fellow dogs if they are not bought up together from puppy..... So the owner insisted me to being my pet outside and he told me nothing will happen. But when he saw that the doggies are not feiendly with each orher, he could have kept his three pets in a seperate place and let us go inside the room. I insisted him but he refused. At this point we had no other option but to leave this hotel.
We had order for dinner before reaching so my husband paid for it but owner didnt even bother to give the food. Simply he accepted the amount. I realised it later.
So very late in the night, we had to search for a new hotel in an in an unknown place. But thank to our luck we discovered a home like hotel in bikaner and stayed there for 6 days.
Myself and my husband we travel frequently with roxy and stayed in many places where the owner had pet dogs but they never made the pets to come near each other.

Stayed: October 2014
6  Thank Payal S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited Bikaner in December end - the fact that I am writing this review even after six months should tell you how much I liked this place. This is an independent resort, run by Mr. Karan Singh Rathore and family. The place is just outside the congested Bikaner city and with its green lawns and many trees definitely lives up to its name! The dogs are wonderful and my five year old daughter loved them! The huts are quite nice and there's also a swimming pool (not in use in winter when we were there). However, what makes this place that much special is the hospitality by Karan - who in the three days we spent there has become a friend! He also organized a camel caravan safari and camping out in the desert where the tent was actually in the camel cart. This is a unique experience and you should not miss this. Waiting to go back to Bikaner - hopefully soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family