“Wonderful food served in warm welcoming atmosphere!!”
Review of Bistro 226

Bistro 226
Ranked #1 of 686 Restaurants in Ludhiana
Description: Out of this need, to introduce Ludhiana to international flavours, in fresh and different environs, came Bistro226. Being the first world cuisine restaurant in the city we offer food from every habitable continent of our wonderful planet. Which gives great options to our patrons, who can come to one place where one can order Rogan Josh, Goulash or Jamaican Lamb stew. While trying to steer clear of cliched dishes like Manchurian & Chilly Chicken, we try to accommodate every taste on our menu. Since food is a passion for us, we are always experimenting with new ingredients, Quinoa, Wild Rice, Wild Mushrooms (we have 5 varieties in your kitchen, feel free to ask us add some to your favourite creamy mushroom pasta or risotto). Pomegranate syrup is used to give Lamb Fesenjan its authentic Persian flavour. And we believe that a Pesto is not a Pesto Genovese unless it has Pinenuts in it, and the food we serve is a reflection of this belief and passion. Ambience of the restaurant is an integral part of the dining experience; we have tried to keep the layout sparse and open. There are three seating options for our patrons to choose from. The main Restaurant hall which has sofa and cushioned chairs as the choices, The Deck & Terrace which is a semi open area with colonial style cane furniture, and of course alfresco or open area, with its rustic hardwood furniture. Plants have a very prominent place in the restaurant with every available space having plants in it; there is not one seat in the whole restaurant from where you can’t see a plant! We also believe that good food needs to be paired with good wine. From French Champagne to a crisp Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc and of course some award winning Indian wines we try to keep our cellar stocked with the best wines available. Along with an Excellent selection of Single Malts (we are in Whisky heartland!), beer and other spirits we also offer a great selection of cocktails to choose from.
Reviewed 6 May 2017

A search in Trip Advisor led a hungry bunch to this #1 rated restaurant for a late business lunch. The location was in middle of a crowded market with temperature at it's afternoon peak. The place has excellent decor and at the entrance, through a large pane of glass, a view is available of the large clean kitchen, enhancing the hunger.

The menu offered a wide variety of choices from continental, lebanese, mexican and Indian. The food was excellently fresh, delicious, and promptly served. With hunger well satisfied, we left longing for more!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank 196anupa

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

My last visit to Bistro 226 was so good that I decided to make a detour to Ludhiana to have a meal at this famous family run fine fine restaurant on my trip from Pune to Chandigarh.

Kudos to the husband and wife team of Brig and Mrs Gill who run this restaurant like an officers mess of the Indian Army with all its spit and polish. I half expected bag piper's to do the round of the tables as is done in old regiments of the Indian Army.

The food was par excellence, portions large and service fast.

Due to the recent Supreme Court order of no liquor at establishments within 500 mtrs of NH they could not serve the numerous wines from their well stocked wine cellar. I am sure this problem would be resolved soon as Bistro 226 is in the heart of Ludhiana's commercial district.

I am coming up North from Pune in July and will definitely make a detour to Bistro 226 to taste the exquisite wines they stock as well.

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank Suhas T
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Wonderful place .. an Oasis in the midst of chaotic Ghumar Mandi chowk .. soothing place, a class and passionately preserved .. old familial ties with the location.
Bar is terrific .. well designed, adequately stocked with the BEST and choicest brands. Food is mouth watering, with open kitchen .. vast choice of foods. Outstanding experience

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank GiL236
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I had heard so much of Bistro 226 that when I visited Punjab on a vacation I simply had to go to Ludhiana to experience it for myself...

So here I was, all the way from Pune, on my culinary visit toi see for myself the finest of them all ..

I cannot say enough. The ambience is stunningly tasteful .. out of a dream...good enough to put some 5 starrers to shame.The bar boasts of the rarest and finest of them all. The Menu is very imaginative..we had a fusion of Continental , Asian, and Moghlai..it was exceptionally delicious and meticulously planned..The hospitality left nothing to be desired..

All in all, I have to say that my visit was worth the effort.I carry fond memories and the taste of Bitro 226 lingers on...

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank ashokpurandare51
Reviewed 16 March 2017

It was a fine dining with my family. We visited for first time. I was really stunned seeing nature-friendly, and green atmosphere which I haven’t seen in any restaurant before. The traditional cuisines and variety and ecstasy in food is really love-able at the place. The mouth watering recipes having nice variety of appetizers and drinks of all verities. We ordered vegetarian meal. The utensils were really clean and nicely washed, which I like the most. All dishes are nicely cooked and served really hot. The service was really good and overall quality of food was fabulous. Validated Car-Parking is also available. Overall we had a perfect dining pleasure.

Date of visit: February 2017