“I made a mistake - don't go to Shroff Suhana” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star Homes,Shroff Suhana

Star Homes,Shroff Suhana
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pune
Star Homes,Shroff Suhana
Ranked #200 of 221 Hotels in Pune
Singapore, Singapore
“I made a mistake - don't go to Shroff Suhana”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Horrible upkeep - bathrooms stink and the kitchen is sickening. The owners are rude and unprofessional. The helper is not bothered and seldom around - worse - he uses your toilets. They mentioned complimentary breakfast but that never got served. We were not even allowed to invite some friends over. They sent goons to collect money from us even before our stay ended. Recommend going to the hotels nearby. Location is remote and its very difficult to get public transport

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alfred294265

Solo
Business
Pune, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

I had booked two service appartments with Star Homes Pune. One was a 4BHK at Suhana Shroff in Baner, Pune and the other was a 2 BHK at Mahindra Royale in Pimpri, Pune. The purpose of booking these apartments was for the lodging of my invitees. I had invited them to attend my marriage ceremony and the party thereafter.
To start with, I found the 4 BHK accomodation at Baner, Pune far from what it has been presented as on the website. Upon arrival I found that the bath tub and the Bathroom floor were dirty and they had stains on them. The seal between the bathtub and the bathroom wall was broken. The bedroom walls had corroded in some places. One of the hand towels provided to us had a burnt hole in it. Other than that, not all the televisions had remotes, in some rooms there was no mosquito repellent and some of the lamps in the staircases were not working. During our stay of 3 nights in this place, some of the bathrooms would not have water supply.
Upon pointing out the dirty bathroom and towel, they were changed and cleaned in due course. The mosquito repellent and defective lamps are left for the other visiting guests to rectify.
I had a horrible experience with the 2BHK appartment at Mahindra Royale in Pimpri. At the beginning, I must explain that the conditions for the 2BHK were much better compared to the 4 BHK at Baner road. It is not the conditions though but the way we were treated at the 2BHK that upset us most.
I had booked the appartment for 2 nights. The first day was the day of our wedding. We were expecting visits from people who wanted to wish us. We expected about 15 – 16 guests. I asked the caretaker if it would be possible for him to provide us with about 20 extra plates to entertain our guests with refreshments.
Later that evening I received a phone call from a very interesting person known as "Ms. Neetu". This person apparently runs the show for Star homes. She called up claiming that some one has counted about 25 people inside the apartment. I was very surprised at how she came to this figure. Of the 16 guests expected, actually only 11 turned up. Add to that the four hosts staying there and we were a total of 15 people!! I wonder if she knows which one of the apartments she should be managing. Or may be she had a vision without actual verification.
In any case, she claimed that visitors are not allowed at the service apartment and we would have to pay extra for the visit. I referred to the website which has no such anti visitor clause. I explained that if she has an issue with our visitors, then she should come up and we can have a talk in person and settle the issue.
The next morning Ms. Neetu sent her employee claiming an extra Rs. 3500 for the visits. "Surprisingly" enough the poor gentleman whom she sent did not have a receipt book to validate our payment. When we asked the gentleman for a receipt, he told us that he can write down the bill on a plain piece of paper. We reiterated our view point to this gentleman upon which he connected us to Ms. Neetu. At this point, I personally took over the conversation with her. I told her without any doubt that I would go by the written tariff and would pay whatever is mentioned on the website and not a paisa more. Upon hearing this Ms. Neetu turned irrational. She threatened that she would turn up at my in- laws place and create a "ruckus"!! I was deeply shocked to hear this.
I feel she manages the place in an unprofessional manner. She mentioned many a time that we have to pay 10% extra for taxes "if" we want to have a receipt. Subsequently, upon our further insistence we got a receipt from the caretaker the next day.
In any case, she had an issue with me and I found the threat deeply disturbing that she would trouble my in-laws on the matter. Let me assure her on this forum that she would receive an appropriate response if she does that.
When I booked myself and my guests at Star Homes, I had expected a relaxed atmosphere where we would enjoy the marriage event. The feeling that I got was that it was a place where we were treated as unwanted guests. People have better visiting rights at prisons.
I would not recommend Star homes to anyone, going by my experience. The place is managed in an extremely unprofessional manner. And the behavior of the person running the show, Ms. Neetu leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. The most surprising part is that she makes a number of phone calls and threats on them, but does not have the decency or courage to talk face to face if she has a problem.
Stanley Baksi

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank stanley_baksi

Travellers are raving about these Pune hotels