“Yummo! Breakfast ”
Review of Alto Cafe

Alto Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Alto
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I'm sorry I can't say anything wrong about this place. The breakfast was awesome. The service was great. The place was very clean, quaint and welcoming. I had the Bonito Biscuit and talk about a biscuit. Bonito, small, I don't think so. It was half as big as my breakfast plate. It was sliced in half, buttered and grilled, bottom biscuit had a scrambled egg, bacon and cheese, then topped with the other half biscuit and smothered in cream gravy. Oh my, heaven on a plate. The biscuit was light and fluffy. One of the best "restaurant" biscuits I probably have ever had. My husband had huevos rancheros, it was very good. Great fresh green chili sauce, the beans were good and hash browns cooked just right. The eggs on top cooked to perfection. If we weren't passing through they would be seeing us again very soon.

1  Thank CandysKitchen

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We like this place for good ol country style cooking! Service is good, fast and friendly! We like it being close to Alto for a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We eat here every morning while we are staying in Ruidoso. The food is amazing and the wait staff and owners are very nice!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

If you want good, classic menu offerings with some twists, and brought to your table like it was a home-cooked meal then this is a great stop entering Ruidoso from Alto and H48. The Alto Cafe has been around for a long time and offer all you can eat catfish on Friday nights. Friendly staff. Always feels like home.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Throughout our visit to NM we ended up eating from here a couple times.
First I picked up a dozen breakfast burrito's and lets just say they were "OK". Pretty dry but maybe due to take out order vs eating there. Very expensive though.

Next I ordered out 6 pancake plates with eggs and bacon and it was much better.

My wife & I agree this place is great for breakfast and quick bites.

Been to Alto Cafe? Share your experiences!