All reviews executive chef pal singh regency restaurant his team the heart of the city special thanks chef mr mg road north indian excellent hospitality comfortable stay fantastic hotel courteous staff value for money room service food quality f b
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Its very old hotel & nothing good at the moment except the location due to pathetic management.Never expected this while booking an ITC group hotel.Rooms are large with standard fittings.Bathroom taps were hard to operate & leaking.High noise of party music at 11pm dont know from their banquet hall or elsewhere bu couldn't sleep. People taking room dining order had no clue about hospitality. Appeared there wasn't any F & B department as at 8 am/breakfast,most of the dishes were empty.Right from water to even fruits & milk/juice were not available.Serving staff was helpless & just going inside the kitchen to save them.So many first time foreign visitors were asking is it same in all hotels in India.Reception clerk wrongly billed my CC & gave a void sale slip to check with my CC bank. Good points location, helpful Security staff at gate & even with no management support some smiling staffs.Looks its surviving by group booking by paying hefty cut to agents.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

09 January 2017
Dear Mr. Vikas,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback . I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum . We have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

While I regret on behalf of all at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum , the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Locals have known this a Southpark for decades - so for starters when you give directions to cabbies or autorikshaw drivers, don't even try saying "Fortune..." you'll get an "uh?". Ask for Southpark and you are good to go!
Quite a few hotels in the same price bracket are clustered around the state Secretariat which houses the offices of the Chief Minister and other minister, but this a great location: across the road from the red brick University College, 2 minutes walk from what is known as Statue Junction, opposite the Secretariat with the Palayam shopping centre 5 minutes walk away. Even closer is the Spencers Junction, named for the Spencers supermarket. But it remains quiet and peaceful most of the time and I did not find the peals of the bell at the St George Orthodox Syrian Church next door at 5 am sharp -- or the call to prayers of the nearby Palayam Juma Masjid mosque, in any way disturbing.
For the rack rates I would rate this as excellent value and the breakfast buffet which is part of the plan is one of the most wide ranging covering North and South Indian as well as international western in an unpretentious but generous way. I stayed recently at Fortune Southpark last month after almost decades -- and it still remains very comfortable. The air conditioning is effective and the hot water is available at a turn of the tap around the clock -- which I cant say for many costlier hotels in Kerala ,which compromise on proper central air conditioning and try make do with solar water heating. It just doesn't work in a state where it rains 6 months.
One small caveat -- indeed I have made this suggestion when checking out: Not all bathrooms have a hand wash for the closet. It would be wise to ask when checking in if the room you are allotted has a hand operated sprinkler, if like many Indians you are not comfortable with toilet paper.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

02 January 2017
Dear Mr.Anand ,

Greetings from Fortune Hotel The South Park !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Trivandrum .

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities .

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Hotel The South Park and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Rooms are spacious and include a seating area. I personally stayed on the 6th floor. The badroom had seen better days and the shower lacked water pressure.
The higher rooms are more quiet as the main road can be very noisy. There is a roof top bar but I didn't visit it. On the ground floor there is a pub which is very dark and I didn't find it very appealing. The food in the restaurant on the 1st floor is fine - I only had the buffet. The hotel has a spa and pool which I didn't visit.

Overall the hotel is average and the price reflects that.

Trip type: Travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

23 December 2016
Dear Mr. Frank,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2016

was there with family for a vacation .
great property situated on the M G road very near to the main shopping areas.
spacious and clean rooms , clean bedspreads and towels , good quality of accessories.
Breakfast was lavishly spread out with a very wide variety of foods.
Had my Dinner there as well . food quality is good -
Staff was very cooperative and courteous

Room tip: select rooms facing the main road
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

21 December 2016
Dear Mr.Kishore ,

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

We visited as part of a tour. Check in was slow duty large amount of people staying as the film festival was on. The room was massive! Bathroom well decked it and clean and included soap shampoo conditioner moisturiser comb shower cap shaving kit - more than expected.
There was a TV in the room but too far away if you're in bed watching. Desk chairs table settee wardrobe and massive bed in the room also - plentiful room besides. Bed a bit too soft for me.
The restaurant was pleasant. We had the buffet and had plenty of choice but some of the food wasn't hot enough which created some doubt.
Overall a pleasant stay and would stay again but would eat elsewhere

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

21 December 2016