I had been to Kadavu from 23-26th of Dec'11 with my wife. The occasion was a get together of REC Calicut (now NIT) for the 1986-90 batch. I was wondering what sort of a resort this could be. It was a welcome surprise that this was a nice place to stay. Our REC get together was so engrossing that we didn't have much time to explore this resort. Still could see some pros and cons.
Pros- Wonderful riverside location,clean rooms,typical kerala greenary,attached ayurveda centre, very good breakfast spread-just yummy. Helpful staff and special mention of Ms Mandakini who helped us so well. I forgot the restaurant supervisor's name who on 24th dinner went out of his way to see that a common table is arranged for all 30 of us (inspite of the fact that all tables were reserved being a Christmas eve. The transport desk was very prompt and reasonable too.
Cons- lots of noise and crowd due to programmes organised ( the very purpose of a tranquil resort is defeated). we didn't mind because we ourselves were a big noisy group but for people going on a quiet holiday its something serious. During our stay itself there were multiple programmes and the day we were checking out there was a big programme coming up. We were told this is for some malaylam actress Mamata's marriage. God bless those souls who came after to check in. The management needs seriously to reflect.
Suggestions - Please don't go with a five star picture of a Mumbai Hotel, think about a quaint kerala resort with shingles and cocunuts and you will love it.The cottages are good but to me it was too isolated. The superior riverside rooms were more appealing to me. Deluxe riverside rooms have practically no views. Even the standard rooms are very good if you don't have all the time to sit on the verandah.Do take a leisurely morning walk along the river along the house boat jetty. Very refreshing.
Thanks Kadavu guys for giving us a decent discount for ex RECians. We are planning another reunion at Calicut. I hope you will extend the same discount and hospitality to us and seriously consider my feedback for improvement. You have a gr8 resort, you only need to stop doing too many things. All the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raviz Kadavu is a Five star deluxe property having best of all facilities and comforts. Your trip to the God’s own country shall remain incomplete without being in the Raviz Kadavu Resort. The property is 12 km from Calicut International Airport and Kozhikode Railway Station. It represents a unique blend of ancient Mappila and Hindu culture aesthetically designed with traditional architecture to make you discover a different era. This traditionally built luxurious Resort is in the midst of nature on the banks of the Chaliyar River. With flowing gentle breeze, beautiful swaying groves, graceful coconut palms and glittering river, it is truly a heaven for nature lovers. One can experience high quality room facilities during your stay here, which includes television LCD/plasma screen, internet access – wireless, air conditioning, wake-up service, desk, provided to help guests recharge after a long day. The hotel also offers fantastic facilities, including fitness center, outdoor pool, spa, massage, children's playground, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Guests can enjoy palate pampering all day dining offerings at Keraleeyam, with a unique selection of a la carte menus as well as a buffet. Round-the-clock dining is also available in the comfort of your room. Garam, an al-fresco dining option specializes in grilled food, whereas Zirkon is a contemporary bar serving Cocktails and Mocktail creations. And nimble expert hands caressing your body and mind with centuries old Ayurveda treatment is heavenly. Its unique and languorous backdrop makes Raviz Kadavu Resort an ideal gateway into a tranquil ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Raviz Resort & Spa, Kadavu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kadavu Resort And Ayurveda Center
- Kadavu Resort & Ayurveda Hotel Kozhikode
- Kadavu Hotel Kozhikode
- Kadavu Hotel Ayurveda Center
- The Raviz Resort & Spa, Kadavu Kozhikode, Kerala, India