“Fantastic care and attention”

and 1 more site!
Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Kottayam
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I spent time at Athreya doing 22 days Panchkarma followed by 14 days Kuti Pravesika Rasayana. Throughout my stay I was given great care and attention. The therapists assigned to me were very good and professional, the food was amazing, freshly cooked and healthy and the accommodation was good also. I would not hesitate to recommend Athreya and the doctors and all staff there. Five Star experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 August 2017

A dear friend had visited Athreya last year and told me 'this is the best Ayurvedic centre'. I generally do not use such language myself to describe a place, but having spent a week there in March this year, I understand why she told me that. I confirm that this is an exceptional centre, in many ways.
Firstly, the location is excellent - calm, surrounded by nature, and yet only a short drive to Kottayam. The food is delicious, and prepared there. The accommodation is clean, and welcoming in its simplicity. The most important aspect for me was the professionalism of the doctors and the therapists. The individual attention given by Dr Sreejit was exceptional - true listening to what my particular issues were, a sense of caring that is rare to find and an openness to explore what treatments could be effective. I heard from other clients that Dr Jayalkshmi was also excellent. The regular progress checks to see how my body was responding to the treatments were reassuring. The fact that these checks covered more than the physical level was much appreciated - i.e. emotional, mental, spiritual levels given due importance.
On returning home, and now five months since my visit there, I can honestly say that my time at Athreya definitely helped me. Amazing to think that these results were after just one week. I now plan on visiting for a minimum of 10 days. Dr Sreejit has also been in contact to check on my progress since I returned home. How rare is that for a medical professional to want to and to take the time to do this.
My personal experience - given the hectic lifestyles of so many of us where we can often be racing around, in 'survival' mode, such an experience at Athreya can help put a healthier perspective on how we want to be.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lindaorreaso
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I stayed for 10 days in February this year and have planned a new visit in October. This time for 14 days.
I arrived very tired and feeling heavy and left lighter both in weight and in my head. I quit meat and coffee during my stay. 6 months later I still haven't tasted either.
The surroundings are lovely. It´s remote but once you get there you have full days with treatments and relaxation. If you get restless you can visit th nearby little town or go on a back water trip.
The doctors and their staff closely follow each patient. I felt safe and taken care of through out the whole stay. I also met interesting people from all over the world and made new friends.
If you want to make a change in your lifestyle or just need a break I recommend Athreya.

Room Tip: There was no wifi in my room, but they provide free wifi in the reception. After a day or two you do...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank annaU4324PH
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The location is wonderful, the accomadation clean, very good standard. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, as well as the doctors. Dr Shreejit is very concerned about his client, I could fully trust him. He has a deep knowledge and makes the bridge between traditional Ayurveda into modern times. All in all in was an excellent experience and the aftereffect of the treatments lasts long.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I have so much to say, but I want to keep it short and sweet and just say that I had a life changing experience at Athreya. The staff and the doctors became like my family as they took incredible good care of me while I was there and made sure I was OK at all times. The food that was served was just so delicious, I still dream about it and the overall LOVE was so intense that when I left, I cried buckets and felt a longing for days after. There is no doubt that I am coming back again next year. Also I must say, visiting Kerela during July/ August was such a treat.Yes it rains on and off during the day, but the breeze it delivers, the temperature and the sun combined is magical. I highly recommend it. The Monsoon is not that crazy in that part of India, I was told, and yes, in my experience, that was so, so true .I am humble but powerful after my treatments there, and I feel so much better. After 3 weeks of being home I can feel the improvements. Thank you Athreya and Thank you for everything. I see you again next July. PS. There is a dentist on site Dr.Sunil. If you need dental work, go to him! Thats all I have to say. He was extremely professional, attentive and did super work on me. I highly recommend him. Love and blessings Cecilie :)

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kottayam
11 km away
5.3 km away
Arcadia Hotel
Arcadia Hotel
#4 of 29 in Kottayam

Been to Athreya Ayurvedic Centre? Share your experiences!