“~ The Best Bakery in Mangaluru ~”

Baker's Treat From Mariam's Kitchen
Ranked #339 of 379 Restaurants in Mangalore
Price range: USD 1 - USD 3
Description: Baker's Treat From Mariam's Kitchen is a bakery cafe is located within the city but exists in a world of it's own, the perfect place to escape to, visited quite frequently by the youth pf the city it offers good food, board games and great company.We have been told on many occasions that we give off some good vibes, we invite you to check them out yourself.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

If you follow my updates on Facebook, then I am sure you would have seen me share posts about Baker's Treat From Mariam's Kitchen .” Though it had opened a few years ago, my lucky chance of meeting the one and only Mariam was this January when my mom and I had gone to place an order on behalf of my cousin and his wife for their son’s 1st birthday party.

As I was keen on meeting Mariam to discuss the ideas about the cake, design, flavor, etc, I was messaging her back and forth on Instagram. Let me start off by telling you that Mariam is very, very prompt in replying to the messages. If I had sent a message to her in the night, there would be a reply waiting for me the next morning.

My cousin’s wife, had sent across a few designs that she had found on Google which she thought would be the perfect for her son’s birthday. Since he loves stuffed animals, she thought that having a Jungle Theme Birthday Party would be the best idea and ideally, chose a Jungle Theme Cake as well.

So one evening after work, my mom and I went to Baker’s Treat. When we entered, we got a whiff of the yummy baked goodies which were displayed in the shelves. Before we knew it, Mariam appeared in front of us, welcoming both Mom and I with her signature smile and requested us to sit down as she quickly grabbed her order book, pen and glasses.

We started explaining to her about the kind of cake we wanted, but were not sure about the flavors, size of the cake, kinds of animals on the cake, etc. Mariam narrated everything in detail, without even leaving us with a question mark. She advised us that to select the size of the cake, it depends on the number of guests that will be invited. Accordingly, she did the calculation and suggested a Two Tier Cake and Jungle Theme Cupcakes to complement each other. We were thrilled to hear this and could not wait until the party to see how the cake/cupcakes turn out.

The kind of cake that we finalized for my nephew’s 1st birthday was: - Two Tier Eggless Cake – Bottom Tier was Zebra Design Mango Flavored and Top Tier was Litchi Flavored and Orange in color. There were going to be fondant shaped and miniature sized animals such as monkeys, giraffes, zebra and lion. Realizing the strength of our crowd, Mariam suggested we order for 50 Mini Eggless Cupcakes. We chose Butterscotch ones that were going to be decorated with green icing and mini choco chips. Finally, on the top was a numeral 1 to signify his first birthday. The customer has an option of either picking up the order or having it delivered to the venue. It is very thoughtful of Mariam to lend customers the cupcake stand which should be returned after the event.

I learned a lot about Customized Cakes, Fondant Cakes, Theme Based Cakes, etc after speaking with Mariam. She is extremely soft spoken and I just love how she has so much of patience to explain everything and make sure the customer understands the whole concept, instead of just talking nonstop and leaving the customer with a confused/blank look on their face.

As I have been in contact with her through social media, she remembered that I am a vegetarian. Her staff brought over two plates of perfectly cut pieces of Eggless Blueberry Cheesecake. It looked divine and the taste was just out of this world! The softness of the cream cheese, the sweetness of the blueberries combined with the buttery and crumbled crust made it a wonderful combination!

We also got to take home two pieces of Spinach, Sweet Corn and Cheese Quiche. There is a vast range of items available in Baker’s Treat. You will be confused as to what to eat! But trust me; you will definitely eat something, or many things!!

A few days before the function, Mariam sent a confirmation message about the order, the time and place to be delivered and also a reminder about the cupcake stand which should be returned.

We had requested the cake to be delivered by 7:00 PM and I remember quite well that it was delivered way ahead of schedule. The cupcakes had been packed very neatly in a plastic box so as not to smash against each other. The cake had been wrapped very carefully so that it would not slide. – Check out the photos and you will know what I mean.

When the cake and cupcakes had been kept near on the Dessert Table, some of the guests asked me where it was ordered from as it tasted delicious. Some of them had never tasted a Litchi flavoured cake before. Now that I mention Litchi cake, it was the first time for me too.

The cake was soft, moist and not crumbly. The fondant animals looked too cute to eat! I loved the butterscotch cupcakes that had been drizzled with green flavored icing.

Everyone was pleased with the Cake and Cupcakes. Some of my relatives even took down the name, address and phone number so that they can visit Baker’s Treat, eat their magnificent snacks and pastries, place a cake and/or cupcake order for their next party, and also to meet the Master Baker, Mariam.

Though we had ordered and relished the cake in the month of January/February, I still feel as if it just happened the other day. “Sweet” memories of our wonderful experience with Baker’s Treat, eh?

Address: Baker’s Treat from Mariam’s Kitchen – B.J. Mathias Building, Mother Theresa Road (Next to Indira Hospital), Falnir, Mangalore – 575 001.

They are open Monday to Sunday from 10 AM to 10PM and on Sundays, they have their famous Sunday Breakfast between 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.

So what are you waiting for? Grab an umbrella and head down to Baker’s Treat today.