The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore
USD 64
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 82/night.

Treebo Pappilon Palace(Mangalore)(Great Value!)
USD 34
USD 86
USD 57
USD 45
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 51/night.

All reviewstaj groupcoffee shopvalue for moneybusiness hotelsuperior roomswimming poolfront office managerpleasant staycourteous staffbusiness tripplace to staybreakfast buffetexcellent stayarabian seaother hotelshome away from homethali
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Firstly I had a concern while booking, no rooms were available on either TAJ app nor on their official site though am a TAJ epicure member. Guess what rooms were available to BOOKING.COM.

Post this small glitch the check-in was smooth, food was great which was enjoyed by all the family members 1-60 years :) . The staff were very helpful to meet our requests.

Both the rooms were pleasant with a view to the city & sea.

The only concern I could see in the room was the shower curtain which is controlled from the bathroom, while the curtain is left outside in the living room which is an unpleasant setup.

Room Tip: Request for sea view rooms to enjoy the colors of sunset in the evenings.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We visited Mangalore from 29 September to 03 October 2017, and stayed in The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore. It’s a quiet small property most suited for a quiet holiday. Although it’s a small property, the ambience is quite nice. We enjoyed lavish breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant. The cuisine was exquisite, especially the fish dishes. I’m a little biased as I’m fond of fish, but my wife who is a vegetarian vouched that the food was extremely tasty. We had workouts in the gym, and also used the pool. My daughter practised her learning of swimming in the small, but neat and clean pool. Mangalore is a convenient base station to take daylong trips to nearby locations. We went to Madikeri and enjoyed its scenic beauty. Next day we went to Malpe Island, and enjoyed being surrounded by the sea. We also ventured into bordering Kerala, and visited the historical Bekal Fort by the sea.
Overall, we enjoyed our maiden trip to Mangalore and surrounding areas.
I would specifically like to commend the services of Noor, Manager Port Cafe, and Teena, Sathya and Ashwani from the front desk for their helpful attitude.
And, yes I did enjoy a quiet beer in the peaceful bar of the hotel.
Jagdish Kishwan

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
gateway m, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!

We are deeply indebted to you for having given us your valuable feedback whilst your stay with us at The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore.

I'm glad that our service quality and operations has won your appreciation and I hope that you will recommend us to your friends as a preferred hotel.

We appreciate your positive sentiments of the hotel which only motivates us to set higher standards and deliver them consistently to all our guests. I also thank you for your kind words of appreciation on the exemplary services of our associates. The services of our staff have indeed upheld the trust and traditions of the Taj and it was really kind of you to bring this to our notice. I have passed on your compliments to Noor, Teena, Sathya, Ashwini and my entire team here and they are extremely elated to hear your accolades for their outstanding service.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Your kind patronage is greatly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of our best services at all times.

Kindest Regards,
The Gateway Hotel Old Port Road Mangalore
peter.nirmal@tajhotels.com
M : +91 78292 16007

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night, property is good for business stay. Standalone building with small swimming pool. Good food, courteous staff. Rooms are good. Has basement parking. Breakfast spread is decent. As per the hotel chauffeur the city centre is little away from hotel but a mall is at walking distance

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!

We are pleased to hear such a positive feedback and we humbly thank you for the same.

It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable.

Appreciation such as yours increases our motivation to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We are grateful for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night there , Place is centre of Mangalur City, staff behaviour and services was excellent. Valet parking facilities also good, they given us for late checkout also without any inconvenience.thanks
Email id
tghfo.mng@tajhotels.com

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently.
It is a bit dated- huge clunky keys to get into your room. The rooms look old and dated.
My room faced a construction site.
Quite far from the airport- about an 1/2 hour drive.
However close to the city, a 5 minute walk to a big shopping mall.
Breakfast was good- Indian breakfast + continental.
I think this hotel requires some refurbishment to call it self 5 Star

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings to you from The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore!!!

Thank you for staying with us at The Gateway Hotel during your recent visit to Mangalore and taking time out to give us your valuable feedback.

I have noted your point that the hotel needs an up gradation. I would like to apprise you that we are undergoing a phased renovation plan and have completed one floor rooms & bathrooms renovation, the public areas and the carpets on the corridors have been replaced too. Currently we have completed upgrading our elevators with Kone lifts as they were 30 years old and outdated. The balance floors rooms and bathrooms refurbishment is slated in the forthcoming plan. I hope you had a comfortable stay otherwise.

We immensely value your kind patronage and I look forward to your next visit to Mangalore and assure you of our finest services at all times.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Kindest Regards