“Definitely 5 star - but not sure if my favorite”

ITC Windsor, Bengaluru
Ranked #20 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Monterey, CA
“Definitely 5 star - but not sure if my favorite”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The ITC Windsor is definitely a very nice hotel. It is lovely from the entrance on. We had an ITC One Room (or Jr. Suite). It was very roomy and perfect for our family of four (two small kids - 3 and 1 year old). The decor was nice and no one ever talks about the fantastic massage chair - wonderful for the recovery post flight. The outside balcony was not accessibe and was covered in bird poop - a little disgusting. Shower stall did not seal so would soak the bathmat every morning. Internet service was silly. First, I think they should follow most hotels in US and give free internet. However, their coupon process was silly and impossible to make changes (remove devices and add a new one as we needed to do).

We took advantage of breakfast delivered to the room. The Butler staff was great - but it seemed as if there was always something small wrong with our order. Missing silverware, missing items. But nothing that made for a bad experience. We were at the hotel for 2 weeks - so while the food was good, we got tired of the options.

We also used babysitting services at the hotel. Not something that you hear too much about. But since this trip was on business we needed someone to care for our children. The babysitting is done through the housekeeping department and we fell in love with our sitter. She was great, took excellent care of our children and they would give hugs to her when she had to leave.

The car service was expensive. But I did some searching around and I felt safest going through the hotel. I am not sure if we spent a lot more, but feel it was worth it.

The grounds are nice, but we have stayed at another local hotel where we had more space and more seclusion fom the sounds of Bangalore. Another hotel had more space for our kids to play in the morning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ITCWINDSOR, Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest,l

Greetings from the ITC Windsor, Bengaluru.

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at ITC Windsor
and thank you for bringing the same to our attention. Your feedback will undoubtedly help us synergise and streamline
our services and also enhance guest experience.

We at ITC Windsor look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel.

Best Regards,

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
India
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Windsor is a really nice hotel. The staff are good. The breakfast spread was great. The only negatives I can think of is that the bathrooms are a bit dated and hiring taxis from the travel desk is an absolute rip off. All in all a great hotel option in Bangalore.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The ITC Windsor was our first stop in India, and they set the tone for a great trip. The room was fine and comfortable, but what makes the hotel memorable is the wonderful staff. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful without being fawning or obsequious. The breakfast buffet was one of the best we experienced in our 3 weeks in southern India. The live Irish music in the lobby one evening was a little surreal, however!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Very nice hotel however it has some bizarre cons!

The front of the hotel and the lobby are very impressive with the exception of the oddly placed "Dublin" Irish bar sticking out opposite the lobby.

I found the front desk staff to be typically helpful and friendly if not terribly slow but this appears to be the norm in India.

The bedroom was spotless however I was expecting more. The interior was very dated apart from the flatscreen wall mounted TV. The suit mannequin in the corner of the room was just creepy and the bathrooms I feel could do with some modernisation. I also had no view out of my window. However the bed was extremely comfortable, the AC worked perfectly, all the amenities I could want in a room were there (except iron and ironing board but I had made use of the laundry facilites....read further down) and a nice supply of magazines in the room.

I ordered room service and despite the menu being identical to the Sheraton New Delhi in everyway I found the food not up to the same standard as its counter part further north.

I also found some of the staff to be bordering on intrusive. The night I arrived (well very early morning actually) I rang down to say that I had left some items of laundry and drycleaning on a bag outside my door and if someone could collect it. I had already filled out the paperwork. A few minutes later the doorbell rang despite my do not disturb sign being on the door and a porter literally barged his way into my room uninvited asking me to fill out a new form as he would do it cheaper!!! Thats fine and I appreciate the offer but he then insisted that he would return at 2pm that afternoon with my cleaned items to which I said I would probably still be asleep or out but he still insisted I be there!?!?!?! Then to add even more bizarre to this story he offered me a "massage" which at this point I asked him to leave. Needless to say I was unavailable to receive the items at 2pm. At a time that suited me I rang laundry and asked them to deliver the items. However when I checked out the same man was waiting outside my room for me and followed me down to the lobby. I had to tip him to get rid of him. After all that I would have preferred to just pay the normal rate for the dry cleaining.

This was the extreme side of the service I received. I also found other staff such as the pool attendant and room service staff to be less intrusive but still overly keen to boost their tips. I like to tip on professionalsm and descretion, the sort of service you may receive from the likes of the older contract BA cabin crew (only you cant tip those guys for some reason), not someone who is in my face and im literally paying to have them removed from my company. You can be warm, welcoming and helpful without being in the way!

I nice hotel all the same but I would expect the hotel staff to tone it down a bit and perhaps a lick of paint in the rooms wouldnt go astray.

Room Tip: Try for one overlooking the pool area.