“Excellent hotel with reseanable price tag”
Review of Magaji Orchid

Magaji Orchid
Ranked #451 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mangalore, India
“Excellent hotel with reseanable price tag”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week between 14.05.2012 and 20.05.2012 and found it to be one of the best hotel in Bangalore. I completely gone with the reviews on this site and found the same in reality what was written by other people.Room was a bit small but cozy and well designed. Staff was also courteous, i can not forget Me Imran and other fellow who belongs to Surathkal Area Mangalore, where i am residing right now.These guys were all helpful during my stay there and made it a memorable stay in Bangalore.

Breakfast was not too impressive, it was same almost all the days but ok since it comes with FREE tag. Wi- Fi was some time excellent and some time down but will run fast if you come down to Reception.

Service is OK but if there is a crowd then it may take time to serve you better. Food quality was good enough and it was mostly north Indian which I Like most.

Overall i will recommend this hotel for family travelers who want to stay in a quality hotel with reasonable price and want good vicinity to some key areas.

Kamlesh Kumar

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was my second trip to Bangalore. I had gone to meet my fiance. Given I was new to the city, I wanted a place that was close to hers as well as centrally located. This hotel had good reviews & rates were also reasonable. The form filling at the time of check-in was extensive though, asked me to fill in my professional details and stuff, but I was happy that the hotel looked professional. The staff at the reception was also good. I checked into the room, was happy with it and went to meet my fiance.

I came back to the hotel in the evening with my fiance, but at the reception there was one Mr. Imran Khan, one of the stupidest guys I have ever met. He stopped me at the reception and started asking me for ID card. I gave it to him, but was unhappy that why didn't he ask for it when I was checking in. The stupidity didn't stop here. He said he needs the card of my fiance too. Now, I was OK with giving my I-Card as the hotel room was booked by me, but I asked him why he needed my fiance's I-Card? He started creating a scene and started speaking in a very impolite and loud tone. I asked him for the hotel rule book which says that I need to produce the I-Card of every person I take into my room, but he was adamant. It started becoming very humiliating as he kept talking to me like I was some suspicious guy. I also asked him that he can send somebody to my room to fetch the card, but he didn't allow me to go to the room.

I wanted to talk to his manager, but he just won't let me talk to anybody and kept insisting that I produce I-Cards. Now, I am very very disappointed by the service of this hotel Not only it has scarred my fiance, It left me with a very sour taste. I have been running from pillar to post to get the contact details of the management of this hotel, but every time I reach the same guy.

Can somebody please help me with the contact details of the management of this hotel? I want to see to it that this Imran is taught a lesson? I would also strongly advise against going to this place if you are planning a trip to this city as this kind of experience can spoil the entire trip and can have lasting impact.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Soumendu G

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I travel Bangalore frequently and need to stay there for 1/2 nights for my work. My company has corporate tie up with them and it has good facilities. The Hotel is centrally located and easy to locate. This is not a typical 2/3 star hotel but a small hotel offering clean rooms. The Hotels looks to be built recently in last 2-3 years and so all rooms are in very good condition. The rooms are comparatively smaller in size but equipped with LCD televisions and good air conditioning.
The reception area is very small and the receptionist look to be lost if you ask them few questions about local transport etc. They are not professionally trained but help you in your need.
The food quality in restaurant is very good. The breakfast menu should be more but it is okay for business travelers for one or two night accommodation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Avadhutjoshi
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Well that was a very nice hotel. It was in a very prominent location. I loved my stays. I visited it twice. Wi Fi was excellent and rooms are very cleaned, bathrooms were too good. Staff were good. Food was also awesome. Even Mantri Square was very near so had a great shopping. I was too satisfied with Hotel. It was an worth staying for me. Rooms were spacious and neatly maintained. Overall it was a good hotel. I recommend his hotel everyone and i assure you wont be disappointed visiting the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
cochin
Reviewed 13 October 2011

i stayed this hotel on 04 days. good city hotel, room was very good,only problm in bath room,after the bath water flow in the room. staff is very frendy,front office girl is very good and,cheff is very nice and he spend time with me, agin i visit your hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business