“Just delicious”

Zen
Ranked #68 of 10,856 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: USD 20 - USD 100
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
El Paso, Texas
“Just delicious”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Different type of food in a very elegant and nice atmosphere. You can eat chinesse food, tailand food, korean food and, of course if you like it, indian food as well.

Visited October 2011

“Sunday Asian brunch within the Leela wondergarden”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

To begin, I don't think I've ever eaten an a la carte meal at the Zen. I've always been here for brunch and keep coming back. Inside the restaurant the a/c can be a bit cold, but usually there's room outside where the terrace is surrounded by the wonderful Leela garden. We usually take stroll through it after the meal.

And what a meal! Tempura, dim sum, sushi, thai chicken, etc. etc. there's an endless selection of eastern dishes to choose from with your glass of champagne filled before it's half empty. The music is sometimes a bit un-zen-like, but otherwise it's hard to find a fault. It's difficult not to overeat, especially once you decide you've had enough main courses and head towards the dessert buffet...

This is Leela so it shouldn't come as a surprise there are cheaper brunches out there. The food is so fantastic tho that I find this still to be great value.

Antwerpen
“Best indian food ever”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

we went to the indian part of the restaurant; and a local colleague ordered a nice mix of dishes; Absolutely outstanding. Very pricey though; but at a location as breathtaking as the Leela you accept that...

Visited November 2011
“Beautiful dumplings in the garden, a rarity in crazy Bangalore”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Living in Bangalore, we've gotten around to a lot of restaurants, but keep coming back to Zen for a number of reasons:

Location - an easy drive between Whitefield and the city centre, the garden at Leela has the advantage of a little artificial tranquility, due to most of the noise from the outside being blocked by the walls of the hotel. So lunch at one of Zen's outdoor tables is great, as you're surrounded by the bouganvilleas, palms etc. Pretty cool.

Service - I think it must have been an off day that one of those other reviewers came here, as each time my partner and I have gone, we've commented on how great the service here is. Perhaps as Australians we have different preferences, but I found that we were warmly greeted and that the staff appeared whenever we needed them but definitely didn't hang around constantly harrassing us. They also didn't do that pet hate of mine: bringing you an endless stream of bottles of water which you only realise when the bill comes (which happens terrible at Shiro, Bangalore's other good asian fusion restaurant - I hate paying for 1000R of Evian). So really, I think the service here is among the best in Bangalore.

Food - After trying a few options, I maintain that Zen's dim sum are the best and most authentic in Bangalore. The seafood dumplings have the perfect taste and are always moist and juicy. I also cannot fault their sticky rice. One suggestion I could make in regards to the dim sum is to source some different dipping sauces, as blackbean sauce, chilli soy and soy are not the most authentic My partner always enjoys the red curry Australian beef, though I think Indian beef is fantastic so perhaps they should use that instead and bring down the cost a little. I think that for the quality, the food is well-priced. I have not tried the sushi so cannot comment.

Drinks - OK so we all know that wine is expensive in India and of course it's more so in a 5 star hotel. But the wine list here is OK, so even if you order just a glass of the cheapest whites or reds, you're pretty much assured of a good drop. The non-alcoholic cocktails are nice too, there is a great one with mint and apple or something... if you're not a complete sweet tooth maybe ask for extra soda water or just to go easy on the sugar syrup. Thumbs up on drinks though.

Price - Yep, it's a 5 star hotel, so not every day eating, but really nice for a chilled out weekend lunch of dim sum or relatively authentic thai.

Hope this helps!

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Anita J
new delhi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely food”
Reviewed 20 November 2010

lovely sea food , coo[erating staff..gr8 exprience
.... we thought to try sushi , did not like it so left it , the staff noticed this nd replaced it for spring rolls ....hardly anyone does it !!!!!!!!!!!