“awesome”

Centaur Lake View Hotel
Ranked #79 of 137 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed 13 November 2011

"Though being in Kashmir now almost seems like being in a foreign land like Egypt or something, the owner of this hotel did all he could to ensure our safety and satisfaction. My wife faced some health problem due to high altitude , but the owner had made sure that we travelled safe, by arranging a trusty driver for all the days. It did come with a price though but it was still a rewarding to see those beautiful spots. The staff too was caring and courteous . I recomended

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ROHIT B

Reviewed 11 November 2011

A brilliant hotel to stay in at Srinagar. Absolutely picturesque, especially as the hotel is situated at the banks of the famous Dal Lake. The hotel Manager Mr. Tariq Ansari is an extremely helpful gentlemen.

Its worth a stay at the hotel purely for its scenic beauty and the sheer peace and tranquility it offers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 1vinodsharma1
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel is located in what I would recon is one of the best locations (for tourism) in India. But years of neglect have left the hotel in total disrepair. The hotel staff is thuggish and certainly will not make you feel welcome. In fact they fleece you at every possible opportunity.The hotel itself is like a labyrinth with long corridors and you need directions every time you need to get to your room. Certain areas of the hotel look horribly mutilated like you are in a horror movie. Warning for people with young kids: your kids could get lost in this hotel. The rooms are shabby with insects crawling on the towels and the sheets and the toilets are dirty. The food is the worst kind possible and really really expensive for the quality.Well now about the good stuff. The property is fantastic,located in the best area in Srinagar and overlooks the Dal lake. The hotel grounds are really beautiful and surprisingly maintained. But I would not entirely disagree with one of the previous reviewers: could call is 'one' of the worst hotels on the planet.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rahul_gulati
Reviewed 30 June 2011

we booked the rooms through the travel agent , one month prior- and we had a special request for lake view room. but the moment we checked in they offered us a dull room , which we rejected and then they gave us a better room . Srinagar is hot during this season and we were offered non ac room with a table fan . the bathrooms are completely broken . the windows were unsafe if you have a toddler with you ! and at night if you seek for the ventilation as there is cool breeze around Dal lake then there are plenty of insects and mosquitoes in the room . only good things about the hotel was the morning as due to its beautiful location you can move out and take a walk around Dal lake . The buffet breakfast of the hotel was not so good , most of the items were over when we reached to have the breakfast , about 9 am .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Preetisingla11
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This is one of the worst hotel I have seen in my life. The hotel staffs are disgusting and un social.
I have booked the hotel for 4 nights from clreartrip.com. When I reached the hotel in evening after long journey the hotel manage deny to accept my booking and he doesn’t accept the print out of booking confirmation. I ask to confirm from cleartrip, they told that they does’t have any relation with cleartrip and they are not helping me to contact with clear trip executive. Somehow I manage to contact with cleartrip executive, after that they will confirm my booking. I have booked the deluxe room but the room provided by hotel was disgusting. The hotel staffs are not helpful. This was one of the worst hotel experiences in my life.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple