“Value for money”
Review of Hotel Swastik

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Katra
Hotel Swastik
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Katra
Bengaluru, India
“Value for money”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

First of all it needs some renovation. When i checked in i was given a room in the second floor (they said first floor was full).The room was not so clean , it had a air cooler(not working) and just above it there was a hole in the wall which they had covered with a card board but still it had gap , later we found out that rats into the room from the gap. We took the matter to the manager , and he provided us a room in the first floor which he said was full. Anyways we were satisfied with the room in the first floor .Main advantage is its location ,its very near to the bus stand and the yatra parchi counter .Dont worry about lack of restaurant as there are lot of them just next door.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
mumbai
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3N but the stay was awful. The rooms are in a very bad shape with doors not locking properly; small cockroackes all round the room. The only best part of this hotel is it is near to katra bus stand & yatra slip counter.

Please dont go to this hotel with a lot of expectations.

Room Tip: Try out other hotels. This hotel is not worth the stay
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sujithmarar

Travellers are raving about these Katra hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Located next to the Katra bus stand, it was easy to access specially when I came down after visiting the Vaishno Devi shrine. The auto I took charged me Rs 20 and dropped me at the hotel. I took the 4 bed suites and they were sufficiently roomy and clean. The charges are not too high and is a good budget accommodation. I did not like the fact that they did not have a restaurant and no matter how tired I was, I had to walk to the bus stand to grab a bite.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank PramitM
Front0ffice, Director at Hotel Swastik, responded to this review, 19 July 2016
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Swastik, Katra!!!

Thank you very much for the kind words and commendations. Its a matter of great delight to know that your stay with us was comfortable and that the property, its location and our warm and courteous services were to your liking.
I have also noted your discomfort with regard to the absence of Restaurant in the hotel. But please note that it was least required by the guests staying with us till the recent past and we had to shut it down since there were/are about 8 to 10 restaurants just outside our property.

Having said all the above, I thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit to the Holy Shrine.
Warmest regards,
Nishant Sharma
Managing Director.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My train was late by 4 hours and I had to reach the temple before Arti. The Hotel MD took my call from the train and arranged for a Yatra ticket. The moment I reached the reception I was given my Yatra slip. I was just overwhelmed with the help.

The only negative thing about this hotel is that it doesnot provide you with meals. So you have to go across the road and have meals in Local resturants.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SiddharthDutta
Front0ffice, Managing Director at Hotel Swastik, responded to this review, 3 October 2015
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Swastik, Katra!!!

Kindly accept my heartfelt thanks for spending some of your invaluable time to review your recent stay with us and your kind comments & recommendation of us on TripAdvisor is very well received. I am glad that I could help you at the time you needed it the most and would certainly be up for it again if required.

I am grateful to you for recommending us so strongly on TripAdvisor and assure you the best of our services always.

Jai Mata Di !!!