All reviews beautiful property laal maas nature resort beautiful dining area gurgling sound small bridge lavish buffet wooden cottages manali town minute details amidst apple orchards clean spacious rooms grilled trout courteous staff main city solang valley visit manali
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Urvashi's turned out to be the perfect escape - from Manali and in Manali. Its location is unbeatable - a few kilometres north of Manali - close enough to visit Manali for meals etc and far enough to avoid the maddening crowd and traffic of Manali. The retreat is located in the higher reaches of the valley, with atleast 5 snow covered peaks clearly visible in different directions, even in April.

Coming to the rooms - large, clean and airy, with every amenity you would possibly require.. The linens, towels etc and the room and bathroom are spotless. We had both a fan and a heater in the room - to keep our days cool and our nights warm.. Much of our time was spent in the balconies of the rooms - with beautiful views of the mountains and valleys around.

The retreat offers a large menu with dishes ranging from your standard fish and chips to Lal Maas to South Indian style coconut fish curry. The food was brilliant and I don't think I stopped eating until I was stuffed at every single meal. The room service was quick and efficient.

The retreat has a recreational area with a bar, pool table and a huge collection of movies to watch. It also has a spa as well as several hammocks and lounge chairs all around the property. However, my favourite has to be the walks around the property. Since it is located in such a quiet area, the area around Urvashis has a lot of possible walking/trekking routes that one can go for early morning or late evening.

All in all, I think Urvashi's has got to be the perfect escape from civilization in Manali, and I see myself being back there every season

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank IDK1993
UrvashisRetreat, Owner at Urvashi's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Ishaan,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you over and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at my Retreat. Please consider it your home in Manali and visit us again. My team and I look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Urvashi's Retreat is situated at the Great nature location. The view from room and resort is breathtaking with snow clad mountains and valleys. Rooms and interior is very good. Beautiful dining area with excellent food quality. Very helpful staff and nice hospitality. Overall I can say that i have very pleasant stay here.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at my Retreat.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

No good services as far as food is concerned, property is beautiful but the retreat lacks hospitality. We were denied to place our order for food and were told to either wait for a long time or eat anything which is already made. A very sad experience. Not recommended. Staff is least bothered/concerned. It was a surprise that a hotel under the ITC group would serve so.

Trip type: Travelled with family
UrvashisRetreat, Owner at Urvashi's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Smridhi C,

Thank you for your helpful feedback. I am deeply sorry to know that you had an inhospitable experience at my Retreat.
On behalf of my entire staff, I convey our sincere apologies for not living upto an optimal service standard with you. I assure you a personal and detailed investigation into the matter, for which I request your contact particulars please.

Understanding the specifics of your complaint would help enable me to examine the matter closely.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

A nice hotel (newly built I think) with beautiful rooms and full of amenities. The hotel has a beautiful dining area above reception. Hotel staff was very supportive and always smiling. Breakfast was also very good. A very nice view of mountains from hotel room and hotel is surrounded by apple trees.
hotel location is slightly away from main city and Mall road, thus hotel should provide shuttle for pick/drop to main city.

Room tip: Aesthetic view from rooms. Any room can be selected
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
UrvashisRetreat, Owner at Urvashi's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Mr. Sachin,

Thank you for your kind review.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. While I agree that my Retreat is slightly out of the city, I assure you the permanent availability of pick up/ drop-off services at a minimal premium. Since most of our premium clientele arrives in their own transportation, the pick-up/ drop-off service is provided upon request.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

I look forward to hosting you again soon and wish you a pleasant week ahead.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Hotel is well located, has amazing staff. At this price, it is the best hotel in whole of Manali. Cabs are easily available from this place. So whole of Manali is easily accessible from this place.

Make sure to pre-book, as it rarely has empty rooms.

Whenever I visit Manali, I prefer to stay at this Hotel, because of its location. On your way back home, I am sure you will feel rejuvenated.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Sarthak,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to know that my Retreat is your preferred destination in Manali.
Please consider it your Himalayan home, I look forward to receiving the opportunity of hosting you again.

Warm regards,