“strictly vegeterian”

Ranked #7 of 114 Hotels in Manali
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“strictly vegeterian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

stay was fine. being pure non veg's it was hard for us to cope up with the food there. ambiance and service was good. room was very small. the room promised to us with cliff view wasn't provided. not a value for money paid. recommended for emergency stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sushma1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I had a pre booking package for this resort for 4days/3nights. We reached apple country resort in the evening nearly about 6pm after long journey from shimla. Time taken was more than 10 hours by indica car. We didn't know so much time would be taken. Totally exhausted somehow we reached at this resort. The resort was far from the main market
We had chosen this hotel after seeing lots of reviews on trip advisor. Had also visited the apple country internet site and were impressed by it. Though the rates of rooms were at the peak of the summer but somehow we decided to stay in this resort. Once reaching the room, first impression of the rooms were very good, room was small but it seemed to luxurious with
LCD,good linen, modern washrooms etc. I tried to open the balcony door but it failed to open. I contacted the attendant but it didn't open and told that he will see it tomorrow.
Next day when the door opened i was disappointed it had no view. Besides this branches of tree had blocked the half view of the balcony. Whatever we could see was a slope of a mountain. The balcony was also not cleaned it seemed it was not opened for days. I asked the manager to provide any different room but he said the hotel was fully occupied.

At night there was buffet dinner. In the restaurant as we were exhausted so we preferred to have some light soup and some rice. Attendant ask the room before dinner. In between having dinner he said that buffet is paid one. I simply asked why he told to have dinner, he would had confirmed and told us before having dinner. He apologized for the same. After the dinner he charged me 750 Rs for 2 persons. I told him that we had only soups and some rice so charge it accordingly. I was not foolish to pay 750 + taxes for 2 soups and some rice. But then he refused so i contacted the manager regarding this issue. I told him that it was not my fault and i would pay only what i have eaten. In back of my mind i thought what cheap people they are even though paying so much for the stay in rooms they were not willing to leave a small part of dinner.

The hotel has small discotheque with bar which is open from 8.30pm to 11pm strictly. We had some drinks and enjoyed dancing there.

In the morning had some strolls within the hotel property. Property was not that big which we thought and had seen on hotel internet site. All the cars were parked near the entrance of
hotel. So while strolling i could see each driver washing his own car.

Had B/F in morning the view from the restaurant was too good. One could see the snow capped mountains while having sip of coffee.

For three days our routine was to roam around manali have fun and come back to hotel at night. In between we did skiing, paragliding, water rafting(kullu), river crossing, trekking in snow, shopping & much more.

We visited the place vashist,Tibetan monastery and hidimba temple which are worth a visit.

While leaving from hotel without saying a word i cleared all my dues including the dinner charges added in the bill. The manager was apologetic when he knew it was not my fault and tried to waive down my dinner charges but i just moved on.

Summarizing the hotel

a) Service is good.
b) Rooms are good but no view (may be different rooms had good views).
c) Food was OK but we hardly ate thereafter our incident.
d) Hotel staff were not polite.
e) Restaurant ambiance is good.

My suggestions would be

a) Not worth the amount of money which we paid.
b) No amenities apart from discotheque
c) For new visitor kindly check the rooms first.
d) There are many better cheap staying options with good room views in manali. I would surely would not like to visit this hotel again and would not recommend to anybody.
Simply not value for money.

Room Tip: I hope just have a look of all the rooms provided by the hotel before finalizing any room.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
16 Thank sliver18th
Ghaziabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed in Apple country for four days (10 - 14 dec' 11). Our experience was just awesome. The ambiance, Service, Rooms all are very good.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on third and fourth floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Puneet J
indore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Fellow Travellers , I am extremely pleased with the cooperation Apple country Resort showed during our stay Mid November.The services, rooms, meals everything bestows a classic impact on all the travelers.We stayed in valley facing room at the top most floor.We had done the booking well before & booked a MAP Plan & Rohtang sightseeing along Delhi-Manali-Delhi Volvo.

I am also pleased with the service of antilogvacations.com ,a Manali Specialist, which gave me a complete Manali Package at very low costs.I had read about them on one of the reviews here & found their services awesome & cheapest.The travel agents get huge discounts on arrangements , hotels which they pass onto customer.Its advisable to go through them.

A Perfect Honeymoon for me.Apple country can’t do a thing wrong.they r simply Brilliant.Reena & I can never forget the amazing hospitality they showed.Their good rankings are unequivocally justified.

Lastly Thanks to great staff specially, Mr. Pankaj Kharwal frm the management.He has kept the staff in shape & up todate

Regards,
Ajay Thakur

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ajay t
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

excellent value for money. Ambience and location is very good.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank abhishek parashar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manali
1.0 km away
2.4 km away
Sun Park Resort Manali
Sun Park Resort Manali
#5 of 114 in Manali

Been to Apple Country Resort? Share your experiences!