This wooden cottage is very beautiful and located very prime location of manali 1 km from mall road , the house staff is also gives good hospitality and help full , we would like to stay again here !
It was great to find such a comfortable and clean place with reasonable price in Manali! It's walkable to the main area of city and close to Temple. Place is colorful with a nice green garden. Me and my hubby had a good stay there and will definitely go back
The location was amazing in middle of nature, We truly enjoy our stay. It was perfect place to rejuvenate and keeping away from hustle bustle. We will visit again !!!!
Staying at Mary's cottage was our highlight to our trip to Manali! I would highly recommend this place for groups of families or friends, especially if you can book the whole 3 bedroom cottage for yourself.
- The hosts are excellent, helpful, and communicative. We were travelling with a baby and they were able to provide everything I asked for.
- The food prepared fresh for breakfast and dinner was the BEST we had. You can give requests on your own as well.
- The cottage was very close to Hadimba Devi temple, which we visited a couple of times
- We were a large family staying for 5 nights, and all 3 bedrooms with attached baths were comfortable. Having a living room to relax in before dinner was nice as well.
- There is a large patio and garden as well, and having your morning tea there is one relaxing experience
- The cottage is not walking distance to the mall road, and you'll need your own vehicle. There are no shops close by.
- While the cottage is clean and comfortable, don't expect a 5 star property. There are flies (a general issue in Manali), and some small insects. There are water heaters in the rooms. Bathrooms don't have a separate shower stall, so they'll stay wet.
If you're traveling to Manali as a group, then
This was a dream place, better than we expected. The pluses:
1. Close to Hidimba temple and the market
2. Provides required solitude, despite being central.
3. Has a lawn with flowers and apple trees and our dog was welcomed. Claims to be pet friendly and it is.
4. The host Pankaj is considerate and warm. And makes the best aloo-paranthas for breakfast.
5.The rooms are clean and well maintained.
6. Non-veg. can be cooked/is served.
7. Laundry services are available at a price.
8. Our dog was loved and welcomed and that was wonderful.
9. Two cars can be parked there.
Things that can improve:
1. We had to ask for soaps etc. for the bathrooms.
2. There is construction on since they are building an extension, and the noise disturbed us in the beginning, but this is temporary, so you may not find it there after a while.
3. The sofas in the living room were too low for us. Wish there was more upright seating.
But these are minor cribs.
We had booked the whole space (5 of us with dog) for the family, and the 3 bedrooms with attached baths, the living and dining space, the lawn etc., and the service we received, all wonderful!
Pankaj is one of the nicest, most decent hosts I have met. We will always stay here when in Manali again.