“Very cool and spacious Italian Restaurant ”
Review of Prego

Prego
Ranked #42 of 2,880 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Prego is rustic yet refined, rooted in tradition infused with fresh herbs and spices. Featuring chic décor with an earthen color scheme and a contemporary alfresco dining, the venue exhibits strong state-of-the-art elements with authentic artwork, an open kitchen and a tasteful wine cellar.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This Italian restaurant is one of our favorites located at the Westin Gurgaon. You can just sit, relax and enjoy the view. It is very spacious and you can choose to sit inside or outside. Food is good. The cream of mushroom soup is our favorite. If you like cheese then their assorted cheese platter is also good. The staff is very humble and kind. The restaurant is well lit and has a lot of natural light coming in.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Prego has a great ambiance with nicely spaced furniture. I like the soothing environment there.

I had Bel focaccia Asparagus which had bell peppers, zucchini cheese, rocolla leaves, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese. These were stuffed in the base made of flour and yeast. The dish was healthy and fresh due to presence of such vegetables. The cheese was appropriately used. Then I had asparagus soup. It was lip smacking. I loved the colour, texture and taste of the soup. Presence of crispy pistachios made it more healthy and delectable. Soup was soothing on the stomach and satiated my taste buds.

Then I had Gnocchi Di Ricotta E Ruclla Alla Sorrentina. It was irresistible and I relished it. It had crunchy vegetables, spaghetti Bronte pistachio pesto. I specially liked eggplant roasted thins.

Dessert was millefoglie which was mouthwatering , perfect in sugar, soft, crunchy. It had crunchy puff pastry , custard and berry sauce. The combination was outstanding. It was light on stomach.

Ambiance is marvellous and one who loves Italian food will love it for Chef Emiliano Di Stefano is back

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We ordered veg pasta. They served us country bread before our main meal of pasta. It was made from rye flour and whole wheat flour. I loved the way it was presented.
We found the pasta to be a little bland but the flavours were great.
Then we ordered a dessert platter. Aah... it was so much fun. There were 5 things in that platter.
Ice cream scoop
Mango sorbet
Tiramisu
Coffee bar
Hazelnut pastry
3 of them were coffee based. My husband is not a fan of coffee but he enjoyed eating them. Although we could not finish the entire platter as it was too much for both of us.
We found the coffee bar to be very bitter but one who loves the taste of coffee will surely love it.
A good place to visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Prego is a restaurant which keeps Italian dining casual. Filled with light streaming in from the glass walls, the open kitchen provides for a much more relaxed vibe. Chef Stefano starts me off with a Focaccia. Instead of a single layer of pizza dough, he utilizes two and fills out in between with some cheese, aged Parma ham and some Arugula to hit the spicy notes. The beautiful balance of all the flavours coming together in this bread creates for a mouthful.

The next course is a Seared Scallops Panzanella salad and it is a marvelous melange of colours and flavours. Bread soaked in tomato water, an eggplant puree, a seared scallop and the greens provide for a tremendous admixture of sweet, acidity and earthy flavours. The looks of the dish don't do it any harm either.

The Asparagus soup with the fresh Sea Bass plays host to a more subtler range of flavours while it's the Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Crisped Parma Ham which takes my breath away. It's a simple al dente pasta but the tomatoes provide it with an acidity and the crispy ham gives it texture and salty flavour. The two big portions of ham on top make for some really mind jolting flavours, loved by those who love beef jerky.

The mains are a Roasted Rack of Lamb tossed up in a sauce and bordered by some Saffron Potato Mash and Maple soaked Bacon. Chef Stefano borrows the maple syrup of American to add a new texture to a plate that has been commonly presented, thus setting him apart. Dessert is a fluffy soft Millefoglie; the likes of which you only dream about existing.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Very friendly and accommodating. I felt like eating at an old friend's home. Service was prompt and professional. Food was very good and headed by an friendly Italian chef. Wine list was acceptable. It is my go-to restaurant in Gurgaon.