“Wonderful ”
Review of Prego

Prego
Ranked #15 of 2,988 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Prego is rustic yet refined, rooted in tradition infused with fresh herbs and spices. Featuring chic décor with an earthen color scheme and a contemporary alfresco dining, the venue exhibits strong state-of-the-art elements with authentic artwork, an open kitchen and a tasteful wine cellar.
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We ordered veg pasta. They served us country bread before our main meal of pasta. It was made from rye flour and whole wheat flour. I loved the way it was presented.
We found the pasta to be a little bland but the flavours were great.
Then we ordered a dessert platter. Aah... it was so much fun. There were 5 things in that platter.
Ice cream scoop
Mango sorbet
Tiramisu
Coffee bar
Hazelnut pastry
3 of them were coffee based. My husband is not a fan of coffee but he enjoyed eating them. Although we could not finish the entire platter as it was too much for both of us.
We found the coffee bar to be very bitter but one who loves the taste of coffee will surely love it.
A good place to visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Prego is a restaurant which keeps Italian dining casual. Filled with light streaming in from the glass walls, the open kitchen provides for a much more relaxed vibe. Chef Stefano starts me off with a Focaccia. Instead of a single layer of pizza dough, he utilizes two and fills out in between with some cheese, aged Parma ham and some Arugula to hit the spicy notes. The beautiful balance of all the flavours coming together in this bread creates for a mouthful.

The next course is a Seared Scallops Panzanella salad and it is a marvelous melange of colours and flavours. Bread soaked in tomato water, an eggplant puree, a seared scallop and the greens provide for a tremendous admixture of sweet, acidity and earthy flavours. The looks of the dish don't do it any harm either.

The Asparagus soup with the fresh Sea Bass plays host to a more subtler range of flavours while it's the Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Crisped Parma Ham which takes my breath away. It's a simple al dente pasta but the tomatoes provide it with an acidity and the crispy ham gives it texture and salty flavour. The two big portions of ham on top make for some really mind jolting flavours, loved by those who love beef jerky.

The mains are a Roasted Rack of Lamb tossed up in a sauce and bordered by some Saffron Potato Mash and Maple soaked Bacon. Chef Stefano borrows the maple syrup of American to add a new texture to a plate that has been commonly presented, thus setting him apart. Dessert is a fluffy soft Millefoglie; the likes of which you only dream about existing.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Very friendly and accommodating. I felt like eating at an old friend's home. Service was prompt and professional. Food was very good and headed by an friendly Italian chef. Wine list was acceptable. It is my go-to restaurant in Gurgaon.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I recently stayed at the Westin for couple of weeks on a business trip and during my stay have visited the Prego on at least 7 evenings. Each visit was not just a meal - it was rather an experience. A visual & sensory treat - a celebration of Italian cuisine with the most talented Chef Emiliano. The chef has an incredible talent of gauging your preferences for the evening & then creating something impromptu which is totally what you wanted for the evening & at the same time surprising and delicious. Italian cuisine is one of mine & my wife's favourite cuisines & we have been to several highly rated Italian restaurants across London & in Italy. I can confidently say chef Emiliano's dishes & the Prego experience is head & shoulders above the others. Thank you chef - I have stayed at the Westin several times when visiting Delhi. Your food will be one of the top reasons why I might book the Westin again the next time !

The staff & waiters at the Prego were also very warm & friendly. I would particularly like to thank Rajan/ Antonio for his service. He was always very friendly, attentive, remembered my preferences & made me feel at home. The team made a very special dessert on my last evening there which made the whole experience extra special. Thank you all & I look forward to visiting again in the near future. Keep up the good job !

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great service from all the waiters especially Antonio. I like the choice of portion sizes. Food was freshly prepared.