1,622 results
All reviewsmomo cafethe executive loungeexcellent servicebusiness hotelbusiness triptake careairport pickupbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelhome away from homehotel staffspecial mentionnew delhirooms are spaciousspecial thanksmetro stationenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pro and Cons

Pro -
1) Variety in the breakfast, lunch and Dinner - we took the package and had all 3 meals included. The food mix lot. Variety was super, wasn't expecting in such a small hotel. Some items were great, some super and some worst ever. We focused on what we liked, after a quick tasting of all items

2) Great service in restaurant - nice helpful staff at restaurant

3) Play staff for kids - The hotel had a lady called over specially for kids fun - Having balloon items, games and even clay competitions. Nice touch

The Cons outplay the pro this time
1) The hotel rooms given were absolutely rubbish - reeking of alcohol in the air and unopened rooms for a long time. We had two rooms. On firm but polite request , we were given alternate fresh rooms but the initial reply was that rooms are not available. we got to know later that hotel isn't running at full occupancy and now we know why. we should have been given the fresh rooms and had the mistake happened, it should have been courteously and quickly managed. That was a bad start.

2) Package trouble - we had taken their independence day package which had included 3 meals. We were still asked to sign with $ value on having the lunch ( first time we ate). we thought it was funny and highlighted to front desk to make sure that it doesn't get charged to us. we were clearly told that this hotel as a different policy and even though meal is part, they still get $ value signed for tracking purpose and rest assured, the invoice at checkout would not include any separate meal cost as only package charges would be there.

LO and Behold - we WERE charged the meal cost despite ( a) hotel itself publishing the All meals Independence day package (b) reviewing the package at time of check-in and signing the form by the head manager at reception (c) Highlighting our concern on odd behavior by restaurant staff.

All they did was foolishly checked our package details and removed the extra charges. Nothing to show the gesture that they are sorry about the F*up.

3) My points from Marriott have still not been updated on my account for the stay till date, Despite confirmed by the staff that it will happen for sure. Tired of followups , have left that now

Went there for a family outing, Guess no point in ever returning or even recommending

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank YuvaTraveller
Hasan_Ahmar, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown!

Thank you for taking your time out and sharing your valuable feedback. We at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram try our level best everyday to ensure that our loyal guests get only the best services and experience in the world.

However, it is very, very unfortunate to hear about your recent experience at our hotel and we are all very embarrassed about the treatment you received during your visit. We understand that it must have been very frustrating for you during your stay and we would like to sincerely offer our apology. We would like for you to know that we have taken your feedback very seriously on the issues you had to face regarding our rooms and packages process and have taken action on it.

We hope that you give us the opportunity of servicing you again and give you a much, much better experience!

With regards,

Marketing & PR

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this Courtyard Marriott for 3 nights in March 2018. We chose it because my wife has MANY Marriott points and because it is near extended family we planned on visiting. This Marriott property is labeled a 'courtyard' but it seems much better than most Courtyards my wife and I have experienced in the U.S. For instance, the property itself is far more luxurious than a normal U.S. Courtyard, and it includes a great breakfast buffet -- far better than the normal continental plus we're used to at most U.S. Courtyards. Here are some other highlights...and a lowlight.
* Beds -- amazingly comfortable -- firm, with virtually NO motion transfer.
* Breakfast -- as noted above, the breakfast buffet is varied and massive, with a variety of made-to-order items available.
* Service -- we found the service uniformly excellent. From start to finish, from the front desk to the restaurant to the spa, it was all VERY good.
* Pool -- it seemed to us that most other guests at this Marriott were business travelers, but there is nonetheless an outdoor pool, which we made use of. It's quite nice, but has one major flaw -- all of the tile around the pool area is polished, meaning that the moment it's wet, it becomes extremely slick. I slipped once -- luckily didn't fall -- but our 8 year old slipped and fell. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, but one had to walk very slowly poolside to avoid this hazard. It's a mystery to us why this tile was installed all around the pool -- it needs to be completely removed and replaced.
All that said, we'd still return to this hotel if in the Gurgaon/Gurugaram area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Hasan_Ahmar, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for taking out the time and sharing your review on Trip Advisor!

Thank you for appreciating our team and the hospitality as such positive feedback only motivates the team to serve our guests with enhanced services. We are very thrilled to give you such a wonderful experience that satisfied you to the fullest. We would also like you to know that we have acknowledged your comments on the pool tiles and have informed our engineering department.

That being said, your warm compliments have been forwarded to our team, and they are thrilled to hear your feedback!

On behalf of my team, it was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

If you stay here by yourself, for work (i.e., you spend mornings and evenings at the hotel but spend the day at work, outside), you will probably love this hotel and rate it 5 stars. It has functional rooms (I never understand why bathrooms in a business hotel have see through windows, but let's ignore that) - with all the amenities you would expect at a Marriott - but you need to pay for WiFi - which I think isn't reasonable for a business hotel. They should include it in the rack rate. The gym is smallish and will suit you is you are a cardio-junkie (treadmills, cycles, etc.). If you lift, you will need to use the Smith Machine - and some free weights. The pool is not heated but will do. The spa is average. Where this hotel really shines, is the service - especially at the restaurant. I don't think I have come across a restaurant staff that's so friendly and so accommodating as the one here. Brilliant service at the restaurant. The front desk and the concierge - less so - but we were part of a wedding party so I can understand that they were overwhelmed (and they clearly were).

My recommendation to you: stay here for business, especially if someone else is picking up the tab (the rates seem high for the quality of the rooms). If you are here with family and want to spend time at the hotel - no - this is not the place.

My recommendation to the hotel: reward your restaurant staff, they are fantastic. Hire senior personnel to oversee your front desk.

Room Tip: City-facing high floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Hasan_Ahmar, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for taking out the time and sharing your review on Trip Advisor!

Thank you for appreciating our team and the hospitality as such positive feedback only motivates the team to serve our guests with enhanced services. We are very thrilled to give you such a wonderful experience that satisfied you to the fullest. We would also like you to know that we have acknowledged your comments on the gym, washrooms along with many other things mentioned above and will take action against it.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Being Platinum member with Marriott last many years I visited almost more than 350 properties in the world by Marriott with my spouse.
And it is always proud to provide my positive review with any Marriott property, most of all my review is positive and if any time I have any issue with any property I usually discuss with GM and resolve it personally instead of writing and publish it. I always believe review should be positive and should not injustice to people who really work very hard.
Today I regret to provide my worst experience with Courtyard Marriott property at Gurugram, Delhi.
I used to stay on this property many years after it started until 2013 and I had always best experience with my stay.
When J W Marriott started at Delhi and I start staying there and stop visiting this Courtyard property. Now again I stay on this property in January 2018 and I had very worst staying experience by front desk manager, I found she was moved from some property to Courtyard few days before and I thought maybe she is not aware how to handle and provide exceptional experience to platinum elite guest.

Again I stay in this property om February 2018 and unfortunately my check in was again handle by same unprofessional person with whom I had bad experience from my January stay, Marriott always I consider as my home as I spend more days in Marriott then my home. Me and my wife was so tired and when we reach property around 10 PM we were treated by same person from front desk like slave , Being platinum member it was shocking experience to us. I asked her to connect me with GM but she failed to connect me with GM, When we reach to our room we were very upset by our unpleasant experience with this property, I Immediately called GM of J W Marriott Mr. Gandhi and he pick up my phone immediately and by listening our low voice he ask us to move J W Marriott immediately, Even he don’t know how badly we were treated by this property. Instead of completing my full stay with Courtyard we immediately cancel our booking for next day and move to J W Marriott.
Even after my multiple follow up with front desk and even one platinum member left property on middle of the stay GM of this property never care to call or communicate with me. In my life I never seen GM who don’t care what happens with platinum member and why member left property in middle of the stay. Even I never seen GM who is not even reachable by their staff.
I am writing this because I found from another members too that this property is totally unfriendly with elite member so being elite member of Marriott I am just warn all elite member to stay away from this property unless you want to experience very unpleasant hospitality experience.
Shame on GM and this property who force elite members to move to another property and even they don’t care how emotionally elite member get hurt.
Regards,
Dr. Vismit Parikh

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VismitParikh
Hasan_Ahmar, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Vismit,

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown!

However, it is very, very unfortunate to hear about your recent experience at our hotel and we are all very embarrassed about the treatment you received during your visit. We understand that it must have been very frustrating for you during your stay and we would like to sincerely offer our apology. We would like for you to know that we have taken your feedback very seriously and have taken action on it.

With regards,

Marketing & PR

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I spent two months in the hotel and I felt like I was home after one week! A special thanks to Jasmeen, Mitali, Gaurav, Abhinay, to the amazing chef Devender and all the others! You all will be missed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank elamranilaila
Hasan_Ahmar, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for taking out the time and sharing your review on Trip Advisor!

Your warm compliments have been forwarded to our team, and they are thrilled to hear your feedback!