“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Karnavati Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ahmedabad
The Karnavati Club
Ranked #5 of 212 Ahmedabad B&B and Inns
Ontario, Canada
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was there for a meeting.Location is away from city but there is a good shopping mall nearby
Very convenient for fairly big meetings.
All in one kind of set up.
Lovely gujarati food.
Banquet hall is good too.
Rooms are modern and neat. Staff are courteous and friendly as well
Had a pleasant and warm experience

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
nairobi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Best suited to member guest as very reasonably priced though place looks very outdated require maintenance of bath taps .no working wifi means u can not come here for biz.serious drain stink as you enter premise need treatment. However value for money good location n good food n facility of club usage definitely big plus points.

• Stayed December 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

My family and I were staying at the Club while my mother was having surgery in the nearby hospital. We stayed for three days and often we had hurried meals since we had to rush back to the hospital. Day 1, service and food seemed ok. We had dinner at the Indian food place. The surprises started from lunch on Day 2, I had a Dosa at their coffee shop for lunch. The salt content seemed to be at least triple of the normal rate, and this is after I am told by everyone I eat a lot of salt. I ate it since I was in a hurry but I thought I should mention something to the waiter so that they are aware. Though I am not much of a cook, but I know the excess salt can be easily rectified by adding more mixture to the Dosa batter. Imagine my surprise when the waiter says in an exasperated tone that they have been receiving complaints all morning (this is lunch time now!) and he had asked the chef to fix it as many times. So they knowingly served inedible food!
That night we had dinner at their multi cuisine restaurant where both the service and the food was good.
The next night however, we were not so blessed. We wanted to order the same Indian food which we had had on the first day but through room service as were a bit tired. This though turned out to be a challenging task. The room service person was not in a mood to customise our order (like less oil, this was the same as Day 1) so I requested the manager on duty to assist me. When the food arrived, I was quite hungry and we started to eat right away. After a few minutes I took a break and was admiring the food when I saw what seemed to be the most grotesque sight possible.
There were black lines on my roti! I looked closely and could not believe my eyes. I asked the manager on duty what it was. He observed it carefully under the room lights and then he told me, hold on to your seats, "You don't cook, do you, this is from the tandoor".
Now I do not pretend to be a gourmet chef but I, having lived in Delhi, hell let's say India, I have eaten tandoori food umpteen times, sorry, all my life. So I was not buying his side. I asked for the “hairy roti” to be left in my room and the rest of the food cleared. The night managers were Pankaj and Dharamveer.
The next day, I spoke to the Head Manager. He listened carefully, apologised and even called the head chef to see it. They were all amazed at how the hair had been kneaded into the dough and cooked. And this was not a few strands of hair. The roti was full of hundreds of hair strands (It is even visible in the photograph I took from my mobile phone).It seemed purposely done and when I think back, the only action that could have instigated them would have been my asking for the duty managers’ assistance to place the order.
My advise, avoid the Karnavati Club and if you cannot avoid the staying for sure avoid the eating, especially at the Indian food place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gauri407
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

As members, we have stayed here a couple of times.
The corridors get noisy sometimes, because of which one has a disturbed sleep but over-all we experience a comfortable stay as this place umbrellas a lot of facilities, out of which we now regularly use :
- their amazing Kerela Spa where we go almost every 2nd or 3rd week for the Shirodhara treatment.
- clean swimming pool
- Gujarati thali at their restaurant 'Sarbhara'

Room Tip: Do not forget to book yourself for the Shirodhara treatment at the Kerela Spa at The Karnavati Club...