The Karnavati Club
Hotel Ritz Inn(Ahmedabad)
USD 78*
USD 48*
Agoda.com
All reviewsswimming poolthalisidewalk cafesmall balconybook roomslavish roomsclub facilitiesauthentic gujaratiexcellent facilitiesroom servicewooden flooringdifferent cuisinesnice place to staysg highwaycomfortable stayvalue for moneyfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Best suited to member guest as very reasonably priced though place looks very outdated require maintenance of bath taps .no working wifi means u can not come here for biz.serious drain stink as you enter premise need treatment. However value for money good location n good food n facility of club usage definitely big plus points.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My family and I were staying at the Club while my mother was having surgery in the nearby hospital. We stayed for three days and often we had hurried meals since we had to rush back to the hospital. Day 1, service and food seemed ok. We had dinner at the Indian food place. The surprises started from lunch on Day 2, I had a Dosa at their coffee shop for lunch. The salt content seemed to be at least triple of the normal rate, and this is after I am told by everyone I eat a lot of salt. I ate it since I was in a hurry but I thought I should mention something to the waiter so that they are aware. Though I am not much of a cook, but I know the excess salt can be easily rectified by adding more mixture to the Dosa batter. Imagine my surprise when the waiter says in an exasperated tone that they have been receiving complaints all morning (this is lunch time now!) and he had asked the chef to fix it as many times. So they knowingly served inedible food!
That night we had dinner at their multi cuisine restaurant where both the service and the food was good.
The next night however, we were not so blessed. We wanted to order the same Indian food which we had had on the first day but through room service as were a bit tired. This though turned out to be a challenging task. The room service person was not in a mood to customise our order (like less oil, this was the same as Day 1) so I requested the manager on duty to assist me. When the food arrived, I was quite hungry and we started to eat right away. After a few minutes I took a break and was admiring the food when I saw what seemed to be the most grotesque sight possible.
There were black lines on my roti! I looked closely and could not believe my eyes. I asked the manager on duty what it was. He observed it carefully under the room lights and then he told me, hold on to your seats, "You don't cook, do you, this is from the tandoor".
Now I do not pretend to be a gourmet chef but I, having lived in Delhi, hell let's say India, I have eaten tandoori food umpteen times, sorry, all my life. So I was not buying his side. I asked for the “hairy roti” to be left in my room and the rest of the food cleared. The night managers were Pankaj and Dharamveer.
The next day, I spoke to the Head Manager. He listened carefully, apologised and even called the head chef to see it. They were all amazed at how the hair had been kneaded into the dough and cooked. And this was not a few strands of hair. The roti was full of hundreds of hair strands (It is even visible in the photograph I took from my mobile phone).It seemed purposely done and when I think back, the only action that could have instigated them would have been my asking for the duty managers’ assistance to place the order.
My advise, avoid the Karnavati Club and if you cannot avoid the staying for sure avoid the eating, especially at the Indian food place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gauri407
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As members, we have stayed here a couple of times.
The corridors get noisy sometimes, because of which one has a disturbed sleep but over-all we experience a comfortable stay as this place umbrellas a lot of facilities, out of which we now regularly use :
- their amazing Kerela Spa where we go almost every 2nd or 3rd week for the Shirodhara treatment.
- clean swimming pool
- Gujarati thali at their restaurant 'Sarbhara'

Room Tip: Do not forget to book yourself for the Shirodhara treatment at the Kerela Spa at The Karnavati Club. Very relaxing and worth it ! Their spa services are accessible even to non-members. Do run the receptionist with your ailments before you get the treatment.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prernas23
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were there on Navratri days to see Ahemdabad Navratri specially, it was outstanding pleasure, we had exceptional yummy food in restaurants and 24hrs room service. Club is keeping every part of within sound way. It is worth to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VoraRahul
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was my second visit to the club, after an amazing experience last time. This time I stayed there longer, so got to experience the facilities even better. They have a superb banquet hall on the first floor. Amazing swimming pool, food cant get better with service till late night. For me one of the best place to stay. Only problem was that the night kept going and took ages to come back that's what really spoilt the mood of many guests. I hope they have sorted that now.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family