“mmmmmmm delicious”

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our first night in Goa and we choose to eat here. Again we weren't disappointed. The food was lovely, the staff were able to advise us about the different choices on the menu. Everything was amazing. The setting of this restaurant alone is worth seeing and being.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Banyan Tree is excellent for Authentic Thai cuisine. Luved the Thai seafood on offer. Quiet ambience and gr8 service.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This is supposedly one of the best restaurants in/around Candolim. The menu is mostly Thai, with a fairly broad selection. The decor and setting are attractive.

I had vegetable spring rolls to start, which were very good. For my main, I ordered a dish of glass noodles with chicken. Although I asked for it medium-spicy, it really lacked flavour. A couple squirts of lime, which I had to ask for, helped. But the dish was still bland. After I mentioned this to the waiter, the chef came out. In the end, they didn’t charge me for the main. But this took the edge off what was otherwise a pleasant dinner.

A comment about prices here. Although they are higher than in most other places in Goa, many of which are quite modest, they are not that bad — e.g. R600 for pad thai as a main.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Had dinner here. Food was great, with lots of choices.Portion sizes were decent.Don't miss the desserts!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We were staying at Taj Fort Resort and wandered down to the Taj Village Resort to visit this restaurant for lunch. Great setting with an impressive banyan tree outside, décor was excellent and good choice on the menu. service was very good, and we were asked how spicy we would like our food and got it exactly how we ordered it. Food was served hot, reasonable size portions and very tasty. Slightly expensive for the area but well worth it and still a lot cheaper than in the major cities in India.