“Complete Anodyne”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Villa on a hillock
Heritage/Poster bedroom
Olive room (queen size cot)
Olive room
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bedroom
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ginza G
“Complete Anodyne”
Reviewed 20 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Ever since I set my eyes on The Olive in its website, I had wanted to stay there. It looked just the kinda place I would think of as a getaway, and that was what I had craved.

Nothing disappointed me ever. The villa has an exuberance of positive energy, love and warmth hanging around, it instantly calmed me – sort of removed me from reality. The antique furniture and the curios add much story-like charm to the house and it’s so damn cool and lovely within and without the house. You’re spoilt for choice when you step out and look around at the greenery. Inside the house I loved the four poster bed and the arm chair. The white, silk sheers around the four poster cot make it so romantic and the cot itself looks like an invaluable museum piece.

It’s so functionally and aesthetically located, so much that it’s just a lucky choice if you opt for it. We had a great time exploring the river side and walking around. We walked up to the local market, which is so close by, where you can begin and end your meals if you want. Such a thorough rustic experience. The bebinca and dos from Sebros are very good. Eating at Andron was delightful!!

Santhosh the caretaker and his family are really adorable. He’s a lovely cook, a simple daal bhaat or poha tastes delish. The drinking water tastes pure.

I stepped into this villa and I had this wave of contentment wash me over. It’s a great inland experience. And if you want the typical beaches (Baga, Calangute) just drive or bike over for 20 mins or so.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet of the place and the garden
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
29 Jan 2015
Thanks for letting us and the world know how much you enjoyed The Only Olive.

We would love to have you back.

Team Olive.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing