“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Long John Silver's

Long John Silver's
Ranked #63 of 94 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I went to LJS because I hadn't eaten there in years.
First of all, I sat in front of the intercom saying "hello" for quite some time before giving up and heading to the window to place my order. The employee claims she didn't hear me speaking into the mic because it was too windy.....
I placed my order and it took about 8 minutes to get my food. While sitting there waiting, I began to notice how raggedy the building is. You can't help but wonder: If the outside looks like this, how does the inside look?
Anyways, the ended up tasting okay. Not sure if I will go back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have always enjoyed Long John Silver's, but there no longer are any in our home area, so when we saw one here in Alamogordo, it was fun to eat there again. However, their prices are quite high. A person could eat at a "real" restaurant for the prices this fast-food restaurant charges. Food was as good as usual; just too overpriced.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

There is a A&W Root Beer also located with the Long John Silver's. It was difficult to find in the evening since there were no outside lights on whatsoever. We stopped for the root beer only to find out the root beer dispenser was broken. Really, are you kidding? I ordered chicken strips which were very greasy and rubbery, just awful. I threw most of it away. Overall a bad experience and a place I cannot recommend at all.

1  Thank DAVID W
Reviewed 16 November 2017

This is the place to go if you get to Jonsing for some batter fried fish. Service has always been good.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We were hungry for fish and let's try it. Bad mistake. I got the 6piece shrimp and cole slaw. Husband got the fish and chicken platter with Cole slaw and fried okra. Saw someone's fries as we were walking in and they looked to be hrs old. They did eat any. So we thought not many would want okra so it would be fresh,
The food was freshly fried.
Sat down at the table around the construction area. Soon as we sat down a beggar came up to the table and asked for money. The smell did not help the meal.
I tried to get tartar sauce but the self server was empty. I took a bite of shrimp and the grease pooled in my mouth. The rest of the shrimp had the breading removed and patted dry. The cole slaw was ok.
My husband could only eat one piece of chicken out of the latter before the oil got to him. Complained on the way home about the bad oily taste left in his mouth.
The fried Okra and slaw was ok.
Could not bring the food home for our pets because they could get pancreatitis and die.
Root beer was so sweet we couldn't drink it.
Lesson learned it maybe another 30 yrs before we try again.