All reviews industrial area elante mall value for money sarovar group terrace grill business hotel rooms are small nice hotel business visit comfortable stay home away from home biggest mall breakfast spread railway station hotel is located pleasant experience basic amenities
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I lived here with my friend for a 1 day stay. Actually i booked the room here when there was no room available at Lemon Tree, another hotel near this place. I booked the room from an online portal and got the room for under 2200.

Was this worth for this price?

I would say, yes it is. But it will really be criminal to pay anything above 2500 (inclusive all) for a room here.

Without going in details, i will list pros and cons here -

cons first -

1. Biggest drawback of staying here is the food. The food here is ludicrously expensive for a budget hotel. I mean nearly 200 for 2 gulab jamuns!!! I would rate them 2/10

2. In terms of food quality, frankly, we went out to a nearby mall for our dinner rather than spending on over-priced menu. Still, we did ordered 2 items here late night, Masala Papads and Gulab Jamuns...... and judging on them, food was below ordinary. Both were presented without style and substance. I would rate them 3/10.

3. Room size - Yes, the rooms are small, bathroom smaller. However, to be fair they are certainly not claustrophobic. For 2 people you can manage. But if you are looking to put an extra bed in the room.... AVOID.. i repeat avoid the place. I would rate them 6/10.

4. Breakfast buffet - I read many reviews here saying the buffest spread is good. Well it is just decent. Having stayed at Lemon Tree.Chandigarh i would say theirs is far wider and tastier. This is opinion of me and my room partner. Overall, above average buffet spread but certainly not 'wow' or even 'good'. On Taste, i would rate 6/10.

5. Cleanliness - First room we checked into had a dirty toilet seat, and a broken bathroom sink. I requested the reception for a change. They allotted me a different room which was cleaner but without the 'checked for hygiene' strap on washroom seat. Bedsheets, towels and all other things were clean though.

However, do check your room particularly toilets before you check in. I would rate them 5 or 6 out of 10 which i beleive is not good for a branded hotel chain like Hometel.

Coming to Pro - (there are some strong pros)

1. The place is very near to railway station and it's just a stone throw distance from Elante mall. Big plus

2.Service - They responded to all our request with alacrity be it room change or house keeping

3. assurance of being a branded chain - peace of mind in terms of security and safety is there especially if you are with a female companion

4. view from rooms - i bet most of the rooms will not be having a good room as this is in an industrial area with trucks, garbage, and factories around

5. Sleep quality - Is average. You might get disturb if you have noisy people in corridor or construction work going on nearby

Overall, I got the room for under 2500 bucks and if you can land it at same price, the cons can be over looked. However, if you are shelling anything above it you may rather book Lemon tree which is decent for under 3000.

Will i book it again? Yes, if i land it at same price but i would still check room for cleanliness and of course,have my lunch and dinner outside :-)

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NishSin81
SanjayGroverHometel, General Manager at Hometel Chandigarh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Sir,
Let me begin, by thanking you for your observations. My due apologies also for all the inconveniences you have had to face. The matter of cleanliness and the appeal factor of food has been taken up in right earnest and steps have been taken to ensure that there are no repetitions in the future. Please allow us to look after you and it will our responsibility to make your next visit a memorable one. Thanking you in anticipation, and with warm regards,

Sanjay Grover.

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Pros

Very near to elante mall

Very nice breakfast with lot of varieties and tasty delicacies and also very humble staff

Clean and nice bathroom

Cons

Depressing area,factory area

No lobby , just rooms

front desk not welcoming

Very small rooms, small beds (only for maximum 5 feet tall person I guess)

Horrible and dim lighted corridoors

Beddings are unclean and untidy. Chairs were oily

It just feel like you are not in hotel, you ll felt like this place has just rooms, I think chandigarh has many other options in this price far better than this HOSTEL.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Great food, nice ambience, friendly staff. Great buffet dinner however need to improve buffet breakfast a lot. The size of the rooms is too small besides having only queen sized beds in all the rooms is not good for family propositions at all.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

This is very near to stn and auto dealership hence biz trip is convenient to me. Food quality is very good and would prefer to go again in next visit. It is little far from main market but technically chd is not that big that it will take too much time.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rahul1280
Reviewed 8 January 2016

I booked this hotel by Makemytrip with handsome discount.
I have good experience with sarovar chain and they are well known brand.
Hometel is them where everything will be designed like home. you wont have home sickness.

Staff was co operative, humble.

Quality of stay was very good.

Food was also upto the mark.

Overall good experince.