See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed there for one complete day in August. If it had options to rate in negative,I would have rated in Negative. Pathetic Service...Rooms were like they had not been maintained after construction. Gates of the room: You could not lock them, if locked keys wouldn't come out. No jet in washrooms, worst ever place to stay,,,

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I stayed here for around 12 days in the month. Had come for a business trip.
Hotel is one of the oldest in Vizag city.
Well maintained, good & courteous staff.
Very good pure veg restaurant. Great Food.
Has a bar cum restaurant in the basement.
24 hours room service with food serve also.
Room is quite big, laundry service is good.
I just had one issue that for 3 continuous day no hot water in the bathroom and was supplied from the kitchen, after daily i raised my voice on this Mr.Rao the manager came into action and took personal care of it.
But a good hotel to stay !!

Room tip: Choose the road facing rooms, rest all are same.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2017

This hotel is not even worth a review but I'm just going to write this so that fellow travellers do not have a bad experience in the future after reading my review. I went in Jun'17 and a thin receptionist evening shift lady doesn't even care guests are waiting to be checked in, had to wait for her to show up for 10 mins minimum. She said she gave me a "superior" room in 1st floor but it;s probably the most "inferior" room I have ever seen. Cracked walls, no room to walk, no table, no chair, untidy room and fully damped. I immediately changed my room. The next room was equally bad and they are all damped and I was having a lot of difficulty breathing, let a lone stay a night. Whatever I asked for food from the menu was not available. Internet is also slow. Had to call my office contact to change hotel. Then to compensate they changed the room once again to 3rd floor after I followed up for 1 hour. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! By that time I was sick with a breathing problem as I was breathing damp air emanating from fungal infested walls and curtains. Since the 3rd floor room was livable I stayed the night and immediately changed to Royal Fort the very next day.
I wouldn't even give it a 1/5. Stay away!

Room tip: Avoid all 1st and 2nd floor rooms, all damp, unclean, smells and untidy.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Hotel Meghalaya is always been a superb place since my college days. I have recently visited vizag and stayed in the hotel after 10 years and was amazed to see that the management still maintains the hotel very well. Its was surely a pleasant stay at Hotel Meghalaya.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2017

It’s a good luxurious hotel with a very nice round the clock restaurant. We initially stayed in Standard room which are in pathetic shape. All the rest of rooms new and renovated. The staff is very courteous and prompt in service. The rooms are clean and well maintained.
Restaurant food is good and they have good variety of cuisines.

Room tip: Do not take Standard Room they are old rooms which didn't get renovated. Superior, Executive and Club House rooms are good.
Date of stay: February 2017