All reviewssubmarine museumvista roombeach roadrk beachwar memorialvalue for moneyexcellent beach viewpremium roomlocated hotelfree wifiairport dropcordial stafftourist spotsbuffet breakfastdosafood optionsnon veg
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I traveled with my dad and stayed 4 nights in his hotel, and I am really impressed.
I was booked for a premium room, which has a sea view, but not a wall-to-wall view of the sea. But when I reached there, I was told that they are fully booked, so they are upgrading my room to Vista room, which was Rs.1000+ costlier. I got this upgrade for free, so that's a five-star service right at the beginning. The room was spacious and well maintained, the bed was nice and clean, the bathroom was clean, they had in-room fridge, locker, mini-snacks bar (chargeable, and slightly overpriced) and free wifi that had good speed. Above everything else, the view was awesome. One wall is totally replaced by glass, so you get a wide view of the sea and beach. And given that Visakhapatnam is on the east cost, it means you can see lovely sunrises on the sea right from inside your bed.
The location of the hotel is also very good, being on the RK Beach, and opposite to the Kursura Submarine museum and sea-war memorial. We could see both of them from our room. So if you stay here, you're not only getting a clean beach to spend time during the day/evening, but you also have 2 must-see places right across the road.
You can choose to take the complimentary breakfast. actually, you should take it. They have a wide variety of options, both local (dosa, idli,vada etc.) and western (bread-butter-jam, cereals, boiled eggs/omlette, pancakes etc.), complete with a live counter for a variety of dosas and eggs made to order.
Finally, their service was awesome. They didn't mind going out of the way to help us with whatever we needed and made our stay comfortable.
The only negative thing I could find here, is their check-in & check-out process. Both take very long. There's definitely scope for improvement there. A hotel which is doing so well in all other aspects should not keep a guest waiting for 15 mins for check-in or check-out.
Overall, I am totally satisfied with this hotel. Will strongly recommend this to anyone looking for a good hotel in Visakhapatnam. Try it out, you'll not regret it.

Room Tip: The Vista rooms, although pricier, is worth every extra penny you pay.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Good property, nice location, very much on the Vizag beach road, lovely terace overlooking the beach, great sun rise and sun set view from the room. You can even have a view of the submarine, the Navy aircraft from the room. The hotel has a spa with all type of health support and a restaurant serving some quality food.

They serve a buffet breakfast which serves both north Indian and south Indian menus. Very close to kammat restaurant which I think is one of the best restaurant in the city. The hotel is even not too far frommthe airport and the city VIP Road.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

nice location, opposite to beach, opposite to submarine,if you see in the morning hours, from, 6-8 am that will be super, good room, nice receiving,but staff not friendly and not professional. remaining everything is ok.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank PRASADC144
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days in August. I cant find a single positive thing to write. My advise is stay as far away as possible from this hotel - Hotels with rates less than 1000 might actually be better than this one.

Here is my experience
1. Check-in - The check-in process is probably the worst ever i have seen and took 30 mins approx for a single room check-in. The guy sitting at the check-in counter asks for Id proof, address proof for all members staying in the room - takes copies, asks us to fill big forms for check-in as if it is Aadhaar enrollment and then takes pictures of each member.

2. Entrance to room - As soon as we got off the lift and entered the hallway to go to the room, it was stinking bad smell as if a rat has died and they never cleaned up (its actually from the carpet). A different kind of bad odour after we entered the room. The smell in the room was so bad that we had to get out of the room until they sprayed a room freshener. We saw people smoking in the hallway stinking up the whole place. In the morning we saw a guy waking half-naked in his boxer shorts in the hallway for an hour (looks like he was preparing himself to go to the bathroom).

3. Room itself - Don't know where to start.
- Bathroom room doesn't lock.
- Carpet in the room smells extremely bad.
- No basic amenities like clothes hangers int he closet.
- There were cockroaches in the room
- Phone didn't work to call reception- they had to replace the handset on the landline.
- AC didn't work for a while - they had to call maintenance to check the issue.

4. Food
- We took idly, vada & dosa for breakfast
- The idly tasted that it was spoiled (probably microwave heated idly from previous day).
- The oil used in the vada & dosa has a terrible after taste and didnt feel that even eating it.

We ended up changing 2 rooms and finally had to adjust as there was no more energy to switch to another room. The hotel management (don't know if they even exist) is just the worst. No concern for customers and dont bother to even resolve an issue when you complain.

To sum it up, just do yourself a favour and avoid this hotel. You will regret staying here.

Room Tip: best to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Nice location overlooking the sea,the rooms are nicely done .With all modern amenities.Worth the stay, excellent service.The stay was comfortable for a night booking.It was done through a third party site and worked well.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family