Our wedding was a dream come true at Koro Sun Resort. As any bride would do, I researched many resorts on different islands in Fiji and settled on Koro Sun Resort due to their ratings, proximity to the rainforest, wedding location variety, and price. The booking process was a breeze both for us and our guests, as well as the cancellation process for a few of our guests who unfortunately could not attend due to health reasons at the last minute.
From the USA, I was able to easily coordinate the details of our wedding with Mela, our wedding coordinator, via email. As a "Type A" personality, I would assure any similar bride to trust that it will work out even if it seems like it won't. The first day we arrived Mela met with my fiance and I to review our wedding details.
We booked the "Simple Wedding" package. On the day of the wedding, Mela and Paul coordinated all of the details. Our bouquets were delivered to our bures and all the hair/makeup was done in our bure also. Once we were ready, Paul picked us up in a 4wd golf cart (i.e., mule/polaris) for easy transport to the rainforest. My groom was transported first so that we did not see each other before the wedding.
Walking up on our rainforest location made me tear up, the resort had gone above and beyond to make our day special. The flower posts and walkway was decorated better than I could have imagined. The 3-string quartet was greeting me with beautiful songs and the minister performed a short (20 minute), sweet ceremony which Mela had helped us prepare.
Following pictures in the rainforest and beach, the resort had arranged a beachside dinner (which was pulled under an awning due to a brief rainstorm - we traveled at the end of October and for the most part the weather was beautiful - both temperature and little rain) complete with candles and champagne. After dinner, we enjoyed a beautiful firework show. Much to our surprise, the resort had decorated our bure with flower petals. It was a perfect way to end our wedding day.
Besides our wedding, we enjoyed an amazing deep sea fishing trip arranged by the resort with Namale Divers, located in the lagoon of the resort. We caught a 50 lb Yellowfin Tuna, 25 lb Yellowfin Tuna, Mackerel, Barracuda, Travellis, and much more! We saw a huge pod of dolphins (20+) and the boat guides stopped for us to enjoy without charging us for the extra time.
We used the sea kayaks from our room's ladder and saw lion fish, stingrays, sharks, and tons of other sealife all from our balcony. We had a couple's massage in the Rainforest Spa and as a massage aficionado, I can say it was the best massage of my entire life! The resort arranged a private hike to a waterfall through the rainforest and then to the owner's retreat, which had the most amazing views of the resort and Fiji. That hike was a highlight of our trip! We also took a cheap cab ride ($10 USD) to and from the town for a quick market trip. Unfortunately, we purchased a bowl from a local vendor who was going to mail it to us, but we have not received it (almost 1 month ago). I would recommend carrying all souvenirs and having the resort ship them.
We stayed in an Edgewater Bure and would highly recommend that for any couple. They are far and above the best rooms at the resort with direct access to the water and isolated from the noise of others. At night you can lay on your private outdoor bed and see the stars which are so bright it feels as though you can touch them while listening to the ocean.
The food was fine. Some meals were wonderful (especially the seafood and they cooked our yellowfin tuna we caught) and others were bland. We live in a foodie environment in the US so are used to a different style of cooking. However, if we didn't like something, the staff was very willing to get us something else.
The people who work and manage the Koro Sun Resort is what makes it special. If you are considering a relaxing vacation, honeymoon, and especially a wedding, definitely consider Koro Sun Resort!
Thank you to everyone at Koro Sun Resort who made our wedding and trip absolutely amazing! You'll never know how much we appreciate it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu