All reviews our honeymoon lunch and dinner outdoor shower infinity pool the cliff fish hall of fame oceanfront villas scuba diving owners and staff incredible views organic farm star quality rainbow reef other guests coastal walks world class
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great four nights here in mid-April. Stayed in an Oceanfront bure and it was really comfortable with a view to die for. My friend saw dolphins from her villa on her first morning (I was fast asleep). The staff were fantastic, relaxed and took great care of us.
We took the Lavena Coastal Walk option and I'd recommend to anyone doing it the way we did - walk in, swim in waterfall, Lunch, then boat down the coast to see more waterfalls, swim some more and back to the village for the drive home. Amazing day. Big mention to Vetta for jumping off the waterfall ;) Snorkelling was great and my panic at the shark sighting was real...
This is a really comfy resort that offers a great escape and opportunity to wind down, would come back for sure with a special someone or another group of friends.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I spent a week during January and enjoyed every minute of it. Warm helpful staff with accommodating owners on site made for a wonderful experience. The food was world class good and I am trying to figure out how to recreate my villa at home, it was that comfortable. Do and her family have obviously worked very hard to make this a welcoming, safe and luxurious experience. I would have enjoyed it much more were I sharing it with someone else. A great couples retreat. I will go back just for the expert diving and optional recreational activities. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I cant imagine they have a bad room. Mine was wonderful
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at the resort in March. This was our first trip to Fiji and had a great time. Tavenui Island Resort is a wonderful all inclusive resort. Meals were excellent. Fruits and vegetables were locally grown and there was lots of variety. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate every need. Excursions were custom designed to whatever we desired. And the local guides provided great insight to the land, cultures and history of Fiji. I highly recommend this for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We spent a week at TIR and although it rained for half of the week we thoroughly enjoyed the time we stayed there. We were personally welcomed by the lovely owner Do and serenaded by some of the staff with a 'bula' song. We stayed in a Oceanfront Bure which had a fantastic view of the ocean and was very private. We have stayed at a lot of 5 star resorts around the world and TIR was equal to any of them. The bure was beautifully appointed and well designed to take advantage of the view. The grounds are magnificant and well maintained and the bures well spaced. The staff were very friendly and went over and above their duty to assist us with our needs and wants. Do was a wonderful hostess who was always available for a chat and to assist in any way she could. The meals were enjoyable, healthy and fulfilling. The resort is located in a beautiful spot above a couple of lovely small beaches with some great snorkling 10 minutes away by boat. If you are visiting Taveuni Island then this is the spot to stay.

Room Tip: Select a Oceanfront Bure if you can because the views are fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Taveuni Resort and Spa is a must stay - and a must see location. The resort has beautiful manicured gardens that add privacy to every bure- and the bures are superb- large, functional, great views of the ocean, and very comfortable.
the staff are of course friendly and so happy to make sure your stay is memorable. Sai took us snorkelling and it was just like an aquarium- at both locations, one 25 mins and the other 10 mins by boat.
The meals were excellent - fresh, local, well presented, and much anticipated after a days activities. the choice of menu was adequate and enough of a range not to be boring. the half ripe papaya salad was fab.
located above the beach gave fabulous sunsets and awesome views and the short walk down to the beach was no hardship-probably best for swimming at high tide.
overall, everyone went out of their way to make our visit whatever we wanted it to be - active or relaxing - oh and a good spa too (perhaps feet flat on the table would help with pedicure though?)
Oh, and being only 3 mins from the airport was a bonus!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends