We don't often write reviews but sometimes something stands out that is truly different and we need to share .
My wife and I have traveled the world and have much to compare against. If you are looking for a vacation that
is out of the realm of our daily busy lives , look no further, Taveuni, is that place. To make that experience possible Taveuni Island Resort has provided the
infrastructure to do that. I can honestly say that no resort that I have stayed at has given such personal attention to all details. As you know we all expect the basics fantastic food, great accommodation, great service and a great location. So many resorts can provide those basics .. but what separated TIR is the extras's
Rick and Dorothy are the owners and take pride in what they provide to their guests. What I found was the loyalty that they have developed over the years with their staff.
Every staff member is dedicated to provide the best service to you they can. Most staff know you by first name and greet you that way. They truly make you feel part of a family that you are coming in to visit. There is no question that their property is the best of Taveuni and the years of experience servicing there client base shows
My wife and I love great food but also like to know we are eating healthy . TIR has purchased land near by that the family operates, this farm provides most of the food the the resort requires. This organic farm grown food is evident in every meal they prepare.
Besides the great food if you visit the resort you will meet Raymond the bartender who will never disappoint you on the drink side.
During our 2 week stay we were very lucky to meet many great people from all parts of the world. Being a small intimate resort you get to know the guests very well and develop some great friendships. But when you need some time alone with your partner your privacy was not compromised at all.. I especially loved the open air showers to the sea and the intimate nights on the lawn with my wife in front of our burro Did I mention the fresh flowers and great views from our room?
We were lucky enough to be their during one of the wedding's that they host. The couple from Australia planned a wedding at the resort while we were their. TIR pulled together a fantastic venue for the couple to get married at. TIR provide the privacy needed for the wedding but integrated it into the resort so the guests and the wedding mixed well. I have to say that if you are planning a wedding there is no better location.
We spent most of our days exploring the island, diving or enjoying the many amenities and grounds of the resort.. My wife and I took advantage oif the many spa offering provided my the club… it was always a tough decision do we go diving or for a massage. The good news was that what ever we decide at what ever time was always accommodated.
In fairness of reviews you need to point out the negatives as well as the positives. In this case I can say that there is absolutely nothing I would change . Sometimes weather interferes with flight schedules, so if you want to be sure of getting a connection out of the island book the morning or noon flight . For us we did not care .. we were praying that our flight was cancelled so we could spend just one more night in paradise!
Garry and Natalie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning resort is a perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious, romantic, adventurous location. This jewel of the Pacific accommodates just 14 privileged couples in large, private, beautifully appointed bures, each enjoying unsurpassed panoramic views. This is a verdant paradise for nature lovers and lovers of nature, home to dense rain forests, 100's of waterfalls & rivers, white sand beaches, world class fishing and diving and wonderful cultural experiences. Enjoy our friendly staff, organic foods and homemade pasta's & gourmet island cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, MrandMrsSmith, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Taveuni Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Island Resort And Spa
- Taveuni Island Hotel Taveuni Island