All reviewsour honeymoonlunch and dinneroutdoor showerinfinity poolthe clifffishhall of fameoceanfront villasscuba divingowners and staffincredible viewsorganic farmstar qualityrainbow reefother guestscoastal walksworld class
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We have been having a love affair with Taveuni Island resort for 4 years now and the only way my husband can get me to leave after our two weeks of pure bliss is to book again for the following year before we leave! 4 years ago we came to Taveuni Island armed with a wedding dress ,a cake topper and a few selected friends ... we explained to Do ( the owner and manager of the resort) we would like to get married,would this be possible? Nothing is ever a problem here so the team worked their magic and a few days later we had the most amazing day of our lives, ours was to be the wedding of everyone's dreams- we started with a delicious breakfast, then a couples massage, then a swim in the infinity pool gazing out to the sea- we headed back to our room (also to die for!) chilled in our private plunge pool then it was time for the groom to depart- (unknown to me was that at this point he had packed/shoved his wedding gears into his backpack! Do being one step ahead had noticed this and swiftly arranged for ironing to be done!!) In came the girls and I had my nails, hair and make-up done, the bubbles were flowing , the dress went on and I was ready to go! My Fijian warriors escorted me across the grounds and around the corner where there to meet me were the staff who had learnt my wedding march song and sang me down the beautiful isle of flowing white flags to an archway of fresh frangipani's , a beautifully presented groom and a breathtaking view of the the sun dancing on the ocean, we had our ceremony then cocktails and nibbles on the deck as the sun started to set ( this made for amazing photos!). We opted to have a Kava ceremony and traditional Fijian Meke before our divine wedding meal ( I say divine because every meal you eat here is and that's been consistent for 4 years in a row!) then after dinner we ate our awesome cake and danced the night away on the lawn under the stars.... It was a stress free dream day and this is where our our love affair with Taveuni island started - this special place now was the key holder to our most amazing and special memories, not just our wedding day but a whole week of creating special memories- Our first night as man and wife we dined in the lagoon bure overlooking the beach surrounded by fresh flowers and candles, it was here we decided that there could not be a more beautiful place in the whole world to be and we would come back and celebrate our first wedding anniversary and have dinner in the very same spot we had our very first meal as man and wife- So we did !! Plus we still had so much more of the actual island to explore .... One year later we returned back to the resort for a two week holiday and to celebrate our first anniversary- we had such a blast day tripping around to exotic locations, Kayaking , Relaxing & swimming !Our special dinner was as beautiful as we knew it would be and as we sat watching the sunset being serenaded by the band boys that familiar look passed between us... we had to come back next year! With still so much more to see and do we re-booked for the same time the following year, before we left we asked if we could plant a special coconut tree to celebrate our anniversary- as always nothing was a problem so we did.... we planted a coconut tree, It's still growing strong today :) The coconut tree was now our reason for going back year after year! We have just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary and 4th two week escape to paradise...... Everything about Taveuni Island resort is Magical, Every room we have stayed in and been outstanding and super clean, every meal we have had has been divine, we love that we can be as isolated from or included with the other guests as we wish, we have never run out of things to try or places to visit ( when we can drag ourselves away from the pool and the beach and the grounds! honestly you just never want to leave!) and my husband says " the fishing's awesome too". I would recommend this resort with all of heart to anyone with anything special to celebrate - anyone getting married, honeymooners or even just an exceptionally relaxing holiday! We love Taveuni island resort, Taveuni island and all the people involved - even the guides that take us on daytrips!! See you next year everyone ... and for anyone reading this looking to book... DO IT ! You wont regret your choice xx

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed in has been amazing however if you can choose the Matalau Villa- it makes an already magic holiday even better, the private beach and plunge pool ... Luxury!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

A very special resort with incredible views, friendly staff and great accommodations. Very comfortable and a perfect place to re-charge. The scuba diving at Rainbow reef should not be missed; spectacular!

Room Tip: not a lot of activities at night. but then you really don't want them
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craigr34
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I came here for Honeymoon back in September, 2011. We had the time of our lives and have been reminiscing ever since hoping to go back some day. The food was awesome, previous revues knocked the food, but I had no complaints. I love seafood, my wife does not, and both of us felt fully accommodated with a selection of gourmet meals. On top of that we enjoyed breakfast brought to out Bure every morning, which was delicious. The water sports are amazing as well. Though we do not scuba, we snorkeled where ever we could get ourselves in the kayak. The tours are good too. The honeymoon went quite well. If you are looking for someplace that is beach front, they do not have that, but they do have access to a private beach that your bure overlooks on a cliff. Also, it is on a bigger island so that has pros and cons too. Overall, we give an A+ and, like I said, hope to return sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Infinitive thanks for creating Paradise on earth and making it available for us to enjoy.
It was an absolute privilege to be part of this "family" for those two unforgettable weeks.
We hope we can come back one day and until then we will be coming back everyday in our memories.
Thank you again every single member of the Taveuni Island Resort family.
To have had this wonderful experience in our life's and to spend our honeymoon trip here was a priceless experience and an absolute gift.
Vinaka vakalevu

Tropical girl

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Arrived here stressed out and instantly captivated by a beautiful villa with canopy bed overlooking the aqua coloured sea. I went straight into a divine fruit juice followed by a massage to die for. Then a swim in the saltwater pool overlooking the Pacific followed by a delicious home-cooked dinner with produce from the owners' organic farm. After an outdoor shower (there is indoor one too) I had the best sleep I can remember in a very comfy bed with beautiful linen. Then had to work out activities for the day including more massages, facials, swimming in the beautiful saltwater pool, snorkelling (with turtles!), diving, black pearl farm visit, rainforest and waterfall walks, picnics, romantic dinners for two in private settings, kayaking in the ocean a few steps walk away or just lazing on some of the couches reading and snoozing on my balcony. The owners are extremely friendly and welcoming without being intrusive. This is a divine retreat. Do not miss it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo