Review Highlights
Beautiful dives, great crew

Great fun boat crew. Our master diver was Masi. What a great guy, very knowledgeable & fun... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Maria G
San Diego, California
Amazing dives

I had a lot of fun diving with Taveuni ocean sports. The crew is really professional and friendly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Anthea_vw
Groningen, The Netherlands
via mobile

All reviews diving experience dive shop nakia resort dive sites dive master surface interval fish rainbow reef these guys marine life hummus great diving delicious snacks the great white wall fruit somosomo strait soft corals
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Picked us up from our accommodation right on time everything went very smoothly and efficient.
The boat is very modern and in good condition, each 3-4 divers had their on DM but we were total of about 15 divers in the same site at the same time so overall the water were really crowded which is the main con of diving with them.
Nevertheless all their procedures were great, safety briefing, divers briefing and site briefing were all clear.
We loved the marine life mini lecture on the surface interval and the great snacks.

Best dive center experience we had in Fiji, I wish they had smaller boats/groups.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The diving on the Rainbow Reef is amazing and it was a pleasure to return for a second time to dive there with Taveuni Ocean Sports. The dive operation is first-rate. The staff are extraordinarily knowledgeable about the reef and its currents as well as about the sea life. All dives were expertly guided. They took great care of our gear and of us (including wonderful snacks between dives) all week long. I will go back to Fiji to dive again as soon as possible, and will stay at Nakia and dive with TOS.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

My sister and I recently dove with Taveuni Ocean Sports for 5 days. We both haven't logged that many dives and previously had only dove in the Caribbean with minimal current, so we were a little nervous about diving in a strong current. Over the course of our trip we completed 10 dives with several of Taveuni Ocean Sports dive masters, Mika, Maori, Jackie, and Julie. Everyone was great and did a great job keeping an eye on us and making us feel safe. On our first few dives my sister was burning through her air pretty quickly and had some bouyancy problems. All of the dive masters did a good job checking on her air and made she she didn't float away towards the end of some of our dives.

Mika was amazing at finding critters during our dives and we saw ribbon eel, white tip reef sharks, an eagle ray, popcorn shrimp, leaf scorpion fish, and many nudibranch. The surface interval between morning dives passes so quickly with Taveuni Ocean Sports. The crew passes around tons of tasty snacks like fresh fruit, hummus, and baked goods. If there's new divers on the boat they're also do a presentation on wildlife you can expect to see diving the Rainbow Reef.

I can't say enough good things about the diving on the Rainbow Reef and about diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports. We both can't wait to dive with Taveuni Ocean Sports again on another trip but I think we'll need to do more than 10 dives next time!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I have dove all over the world, Hawaii to Tahiti, the Caribbean Sea to the Red Sea and we can say without reservation that the diving at the Rainbow Reef off of Taveuni is the best in the world. On our fourth trip to Taveuni we had the pleasure of diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports and we are confident in saying that they are the best dive operation on Taveuni and likely the best in the world. We did 20 dives and each one was great. There are a least a dozen dive sites that should all be rated as world class, The Great White Wall, The Purple Wall, The Zoo, and Rainbow's End stand out in our minds. There is a reason they call it The Rainbow Reef, It's the soft coral, considered the best in the world. From brilliant white to deep purple, every color in the rainbow is there. In addition, there is an amazing diversity of hard corals, sea whips, and fish of every size, shape, and color. Our senses were overwhelmed peering out at a scene of beautiful corals and thousands of fish of every imaginable type. In addition to the reef fish, we saw large tuna, Spanish mackerel, schools of barracuda and jacks, Napolean Wrase, turtles, sharks, sea snakes, and rays. Our favorites were leaf fish, clown fish, clown trigger fish, sweet lips, blue ribbon eels, huge parrot fish, and tiny pipe fish.

But the quality of the dive sites is not the reason to choose Taveuni Ocean Sports, it's the quality of the dive staff. The head dive master and owner Julie has assembled the most friendly, professional, gender and culturally diverse, dive staff we have ever encountered. One of the reasons that the diving is so good is the current. It provides the food source for the reef system and is a necessary ingredient for soft corals. As a result it is very important that the dive staff understands how the currents affect the reef. When the current is right, the soft corals literally bloom. The staff knew exactly when to dive each site based on the current. In order to fully experience the Rainbow Reef you need to dive for a week or more. During our dive intervals the staff gave a lecture on the types of fish we were seeing, and how the current affected the reef. They also taught us about reef conservation and empowered us to be advocates for the ocean.

The diversity of the people we met on the boat, from dive staff to guests was awesome. We all shared one thing in common, love for the ocean. The short trip to the dive sites (less than 30 minutes), and surface intervals, were filled with interesting conversations, and connection as human beings. We were thrilled on the trip to the dive sites to see pods of dolphins, a Humpback whale and calf, and a large marlin repeatedly jumping for joy.

Diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports is more than just something to do while you are in Fiji, it is a vacation in it's self, and a reason to make the trip to Fiji. The Fijian people are just great, friendly helpful, and full of love. The woman's touch is evident in the operation of this dive shop, and all the little things that make it very special were appreciated by both of us. We are already planning our next trip to this tropical paradise.

Our sincere thanks,
Steve and Tammy

1  Thank sfherr
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about this dive shop. I felt so well taken cared of. They really do a thriving business. I think their reputation proceeds them. I always felt like they had my diving experience in mind, as they allowed me to have a dive worthy of the level that I was at. I would especially recommend Maika as dive master.....such a reverence for the sea. And I learned a lot as well. One of the dive masters usually does a talk during the surface interval on the history and ecosystem of the rainbow reef. Fascinating!

1  Thank amy085