“Over looking the borders of 4 countries!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village

Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Taba
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Over looking the borders of 4 countries!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My stay was for one night, though it was busy with so much!!

The checking in was smooth, Mr Mohammed ( the one with white framed optics ) did the fastest checking in I've ever experienced.

The room was fantastic, overlooking the pools and the beach, with a great view of Jordon and Saudi Arabia.
Pictures attached of the view.

The Bed was extremely comfortable, and the bed sheets were sooooo soft and fresh. The bathroom was ok.

The restaurant was great. At dinner, the buffet had many options, fresh grilled chicken, fish dish, pastas ....etc. It was sooo amazing and delicious, the appetizers weren't plenty but really nice, I liked the freshly made greek salad ( in front of you, just like when you make your own ceasar salad ).

Breakfast had this amazingly fresh orange juice. and plenty of options to choose from.

Lunch, again was amazing.
The chef choices for the menu were excellent, especially the hot dishes. I really loved them all. Hats off to Mr Amr, assistant chef, a decent man indeed.
Only one staff member ( a waiter ) that had an annoying attitude and wasn't friendly, maybe he was having a bad day!! I just hated the way he spoke.

at the beach you get to do snorkeling, relax on the swinging hammocks, or swim in this great pool with fresh water from the sea , filled daily.

My best part was the spa, the masseur was amazing. I had shoulder strains and all was gone , just like magic.

There were no available cars to drive me to the bus station, and I had to take some car outside, minutes later I got a call from the hotel by Mr Yassir confirming that they called up the bus station and asked them to delay the bus departure for me! I haven't even asked for it ...
It was really great to see how much the staff cares for their guests till they actually leave the city, not just the hotel.

Verdict:
excellent hotel, with great staff that treats you with special care ( except for that waiter, whom you can certainly ignore ).

Room Tip: corner rooms have a window next to the bed and a balcony, which is great.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Muhammad A
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Hi Mohammed,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note related to type of service and facilities provided to you during your stay.
I will pass your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Chris Sherman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

First of all I must say how good, efficient, friendly, helpful and happy all the staff are from the towel boy right through to the manager on the reception (didnt have any need to talk to any one higher) and would like to thank each and everyone of them for making our holiday a pleasurable and memorable one. The room was large not sure what you would call the size of the bed but it was huge. Plenty of storage for all your clothes ( maybe a few more hanger). Fresh water every day in the room. Shower was very good, the hot water could have done with being a touch hotter, after a day in Petra needed a bit of a soak this I couldn't do for as long as wanted. But heyho. Should have gone and had a massage which my travel companions had and enjoyed very much. The food was good, everyone seemed to find something to eat with the salads being the tastiest I've had. The two free restaurants in the grounds were excellent with the food and service being a step up on the main restaurant. Nelson village rooms looked wonderful and would look to stay in there next time and there will be a next time. Nowhere is perfect and my little gripes are there is nowhere to have a sit and have a quite drink in main hotel as you are not allowed to take the drinks out of the bar area. I know people want entertainment of a evening but not everyone does. You can't take the drinks to your room so to sit on the balcony away from crowds sometimes it's nice to be able to do this. Also the air conditioning is used to much during the evening in the bar area it made the bar quite chilly of a evening to sit in. Minor points I know but that's the idea of this site. But I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks again to all at Taba Hilton

Stayed April 2012
Hi,

usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

it was a nightmare of a vacation and we had to check out after 1 day because we couldnt stand it anymore. and we are really not choosy people.but it was too much.dirty room.run down hotel. and worst of all-no meat at all at dinner. the only dish at their "rich" buffet was the back side of a turkey. and no drinks ofcourse. (unless you can locate a waiter) who will be happy to sell you some water or any other drink for a price.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel. but tkae nelson if you have to stay there.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Hi Miki,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your last visit to our property.
I was really concerned to know that you did not enjoy your short stay with us, I would like to highlight that the resort contains a various points of attraction and different locations and outlets available to cater for all type of guests looking to relax and enjoy their journeys.
Meanwhile, we always consider valid comments in order to continue enhancing our level of service provided to maintain our guests’ loyalty and remain always on top.
At Last, I do appreciate your point of view and regret that we were not up to the level of your expectation. However, in case you decide to give us another chance, I will be looking forward to welcome you back to our lovely paradise.

Warm regards,
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went to Hilton Taba in April for a week with two other mates. One had been before and he promised a fantastic week full of sun, scenery and a wide variety of activities to keep us entertained, and I wasn't disappointed. Upon arrival the staff were eager to greet us with drinks and relieve us of our bags after a long day travelling which was great. I couldn't have any complaints about the room, the beds were great and we had a great view looking over the sea towards the Israel border. (From the balcony we could actually see Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan) We had fresh towels, made beds and clean bathrooms every day which was great. We went to Nelson's bar on the first night and the food and service there was great, the staff always made sure you had whatever drink or food you wanted, when you wanted it. On our first morning we went quad biking just off site in the mountains which was a new experience for me. I thoroughly enjoyed driving through the various canyons and when we stopped for a break you could literally hear a pin drop as there was no wind. Near the end of the drive we stopped for some bedouin tea which was really nice. In the day we found our way to the beach as we did most days, it was pretty hot but not unbearable - mostly between 30C - 40C which was nice for April. On the beach we each had our own sunbed with fresh towels as well.
After a couple of nights we ate in the Mahaba restaurant, (where I would definitely recommend the lamb koftas) the staff were again exceptionally friendly, with the head chef coming out checking all of our meals were ok. Throughout the holiday we went snorkelling several times; I had read somewhere that the red sea (In particular where we were) was in the top ten locations for snorkelling in the world and I couldn't agree more - you barely had to go more than 5 metres out to see stunning coral and reefs full of tropical fish, including parrot fish, clown fish etc. I would also recommend going on the afternoon boat trip which took you out to a small island, and gave you the opportunity to snorkel around there as well.
If you have the chance to go diving I would throughly recommend that as well, there are a wider range of fish to be seen lurking in the coral slightly deeper such as lion fish and puffer fish. I particularly enjoying going on the 'orange' which we went on twice; this was basically an orange mattress attached by rope to a speedboat, which swung you around whilst you tried to hold on - so much fun to be had.
If you want some great food the restaurant to visit is definitely Casa Taba (All the restaurants are great but the food here was particularly excellent) the shrimps and steak there were incredible.
I cannot commend the service from the staff enough, they always asked how my day was, offered me drinks, food and anything else I needed - you really were treated like royalty. I would also say that the security there was second to none, you always felt safe and had no worries at all.
I would definitely return there given the chance, the sheer range of activites combined with the hot weather and the fantastic service would appeal to almost everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Jamie,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for a week on the all inclusive basis mid March 2012 with another two friends. On arrival at the hotel we upgraded to the Nelson Village the following day, as it looked and was beautiful. The best thing about the Hilton Taba are the staff and their attention to customer service. I recommend you do not book any excursions with your travel agent, as the excursion agents at the hotel are more reasonable and rates can be negotiated. We went snorkelling, quad bike riding and both were excellent. All the restauramnts were brilliant. Recommend you do not go before late March as when we were there the weather was good, but still a little chill and misty on some days, whereas from April onwards you are guaranteed great weather. On our return journey back home our fligt was delayed by 26 hours, so the airline put the whole flight up at the Regency Hyatt Hotel in Taba Heights. It was beautiful and much nicer than the Hilton. However, the customer service did not even touch Hilton Taba. I would choose Hilton Taba over it just for the bespoke service and friendliness. Definitely would go back. Taba airport is an old military airport built by the Israelis. It is awful, however, worth putting up with to get to the Hilton, which is about 45 mins away. Highly recommended. I would recommend giving the fitness centre a miss, it's a treadmill and an exercise bike! The treatments at the spa were amazing, though the internet connection on their card machine is poor and back home I realised they ended up charging me three times as the connection kept on being lost so the man had to put it through several times. I contacted the hotel and sent my statement and they refunded me no problem, just the inconvenience. The entertainment team, Sam and his boys, were lovely and certainly made the holiday with their energy.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Nelson village at the hotel and not with your travel agent, you get a much better dea...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Asif R
Hi,

Chris Sherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
28.1 km away
0.1 km away
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
14.4 km away
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village? Share your experiences!