We went to the Baron Resort from 15th April to the 22nd April, it was a holiday for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. What a thoroughly relaxing time we had.
The journey from the airport was no more than 15 mins. You can hear the planes from the hotel a little bit but really not a problem.
We arrived at the Baron to be greeted by drummers and on entrance received a garland and drink. Very speedy check in.
Our room, which was spacious, was very clean and looked out over the pool and sea to Tiran Island, I emailed before we arrived asking if we could have a sea view. It was so quiet at night time. The aircon was good. The bed was enormous, firm but very comfy. I think they do mattress toppers but we liked it as it was. If you dont like your pillow there is on the bed side cabinet a pillow menu, just call to reception on 1 from the phone or go to guest relations and tell them which one you want, they will delivery it to your room.
The hotel staff were extremely friendly and the grounds and hotel were continously maintained.
Good variety of food for breakfast in the Sinai restaurant, lunch was a la carte at the pool and was very good. We tried in the evening the a la carte at the Italian and Seafood restaurant, both nice but ate most nights at the Sinai buffet restaurant.
The pool was lovely. The pool man put towels on our beds for us and put parasols up when we asked. The temperature was in the high 30's most days. It was breezy but it was welcoming.
Our favourite place was at the beach bar, lovely comfy furniture to just chill in with a drink from morning until late at night. Very relaxing music played.
I had never snorkelled before but once I relaxed in the sea it was absolutely amazing, word of warning though, on day 3 I was in the sea a bit longer and burnt my back, so my advise would be to wear a t shirt, I dont normally burn but it was sore for 3 days.
We took factor 30 and 15 which we used most of the holiday. I found cream E45 good for the sunburn more than aftersun.
We took egyptian money with us that wasnt needed. We tipped in sterling and opposite the travel notice board pass the shop in reception there is a cash machine you can put sterling in and it changes it to Egyptian. The only money we spent was on a disposable waterproof camera, which wasnt very good.We had bought a kodak waterproof one in England but it leaked, gutted as the fish that swim around you are amazing. Dont be scared like I was of the jelly fish, they are harmless. I checked with the lifeguard on the pontoon.
The entertainment is low key but the star of the team is Sasha, he made me laugh.
We used the laundry service which is in a booklet that every person gets. It was brilliant, you ring 1 in the morning and ask them to collect it, you put it in the bag they provide which is in the wardrobe, fill out the form with your name, room number and how many of each item. Put it outside the door and it was gone within 5 mins. If you do it before 9 am they bring it back before 6pm. We came back to our room at 5.50 and the phone rang to say they were bringing it. The smartly dressed man hung my dresses up in the wardrobe, all covered with bags. The rest of the items, tshirts, shorts and shirts were in a basket. The shirts looked like they had just been bought in their plastic wrapping from a shop. I was gobsmacked, brilliant service.
Some days we didnt get packets of milk whitener replaced for our tea/coffee, we just went to the bar in reception and they gave us fresh milk in a glass that we returned as requested. The mini bar was restocked free of charge daily.
When you go into the restaurants or bars they will constantly ask you your room number, dont worry they are not charging you, they have a list with different board basis on it, they will know if you are all inclusive, I did check half way through at reception to make sure we hadnt run up a bill.
We have booked to go back to Egypt next year to Hurghada, loved the Baron but dont want to spoil the week we had. We met several lovely couples which we had some good late nights drinking with.
We would definitely recommend this hotel, came back feeling vey relaxed, cant wait to go back to Egypt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh