25 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
2,944 results
All reviews barracuda restaurant animation team fish special thanks pasta water slides big thanks bungalow holiday egypt sea pools guys pharmacy territory diving
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2015

The customary cocktail and a welcoming friendly smile were awaiting our arrival in the hotel - as always.
With my wife and I this time was daughter, son-in-law and both grandsons (3½ & 9 months). Amir and Sammeh booked us all in with the natural professionalism the hotel exudes.
Ibrahim & Joseph lugged the cases down to both rooms, which allowed us to eat and drink before retiring.
Their family room at the bottom of the complex came in handy for a game of cards after eating at either the Napolitano or the Barracuda and the kids were in bed.
We were informed of the terrible accident George (the general manager) had suffered a couple of weeks beforehand. We wish him a very speedy recovery and very much hope that he’ll be on his feet soon - but only when the doctor says so!
The weather was again very hot and very welcome, more enjoyable this time as the UK was under siege from rain on most days. We did spot a cloud on day 12 but it was only a wispy one!!
You’ve already heard me praise this hotel on numerous occasions and to be perfectly honest not much has changed. I have to agree with one of the negatives given on this site that the pools do need a refurbishment but that is being addressed by the management, (hard to close half a hotel when fully booked). I have stayed in several other hotels in Sharm and as far as I am concerned and in line with many others’ opinions too – THIS HOTEL TAKES SOME BEATING.
Yes there was a little trouble with ‘Arabs 48’ but the management can’t pick the standard of holidaymakers, they can only react to their behaviour when on site, and on this occasion it was handled with tact and diplomacy by the management who evicted them.
How people can complain about the food is beyond me, I don’t eat meat and have no problem, and in fact my son-in-law actually admitted that he’d had enough duck to last a year. See v3 for a rundown of what is available, only the standard has changed - for the better.
I also see some complaints about the taxis outside the hotel. The hotel taxi service is a little bit more expensive but is totally reliable and should be used in preference to the ones on the street. You can’t hold the hotel liable for what happens on the main road.
Apart from rekindling our friendships with the staff, the highlight this time was the private VIP dinner for both Island and Village holidaymakers. The management do this for the Brit community in appreciation for coming to their hotel. The buffet spread was out of this world and worthy of 7 stars let alone 5. The chefs deserve all the praise they received on the night. The entertainment was in the form of a singer at pre drinks and after dinner a belly dancer and of course the animation team’s quiz. An excellent evening made possible by the services of Kahled, Mahmoud, Amer and all their hardworking staff.
A special thank you to Georgis for looking after us during the football in the VIP lounge and of course to Joanne who takes all the flak, even from people who moan for the sake of moaning!! but can still come through smiling…
Although this is the first time for my family, they thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will definitely be back for another one. As for us, well, keep a look out for v10…

3  Thank FRANK E
Hesham F, General Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Dear Frank

Thank you very much for V9, It always gives us great pleasure to greet you and your family memebrs here at Nubian Island hotel.

It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for you our valued guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

Thank you for being our regular guests and for taking time to share your detailed, very interesting and positive review about the hotel and your holiday overall.
We appreciate your kind words about our staff members, as you know we all work exceptionally hard to maintain a high standard of service for all our guests.

It's great to know that you are planning to be back and we look forward to meeting you again for V10.

Kind Regards

Mr Hesham

Reviewed 26 August 2015

What a fantastic hotel, my partner and our two girls stayed at this hotel for two weeks in August 2015,couldn't fault a single thing. The food was great, so much variety, BBQ by the pool a couple of nights a week, pool bar and staff were great, short walk to beach, which was breathtaking, do try the Italian, you need to pre book and order food in the morning before 10am, but it's worth it, sitting overlooking the beach, under the moonlight and stars, breathtaking. It's clean, organised, friendly, and very very safe, no one can just come into the hotel, you have armed guards at the entrance. Trips are well organised, if I had to say anything negative, it would be the animation team. A little bit of a pain, we found ourselves jumping in the pool when we saw any of them coming. They were all really friendly and just doing their job, but still a pain! Overall. We loved. Nubian Island, and would love to go back. Our first Egypt trip, but definitely not our last.

Room tip: Book a bungalow room, they are very spacious
4  Thank Hettyshousetearoom

Dear Karrieb899

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write the review
Its gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to deliver an impeccable holiday experience as this is what we are here for and this is what we love doing.

We all very glad that our guest room accommodations, the beach and the pools along with our restaurant facilities were up to your complete satisfaction. Our target is to satisfy our all guests’ needs and to exceed guests’ expectations whenever possible. Indeed, it was a great pleasure to know that our teams in all the departments have managed to create a truly nice holiday experience for you.

We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Mr. Hesham.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

We came back on Friday and have to say me and my wife had a fab time. From when we arrived the reception were on the ball and before we knew it we were shown our room and the chap showing us had our cases and he showed us easily to our room which was very well presented with air con, TV and everything else. All the staff were amazing from Jo the public relations lady, Gabriel our Thompson rep who was mega helpful with all excursions and local knowledge, Ahmed the swimbar guy spot on and never faltered, towel guys by the pool, very reliable, the staff and all in the restaurant more so Mohammed and our guy who thought we were cockneys, he was a scream and down on the beach this was awesome, can't leave our room guy out who was Bob on and left numerous towel made objects, brilliant...A must stay and defo be going again

Room tip: Too us the room we had had a pool view and defo recommend
5  Thank Wayne P
Hesham F, General Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Wayne

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the tripadvisor.com

We were happy to know that you were satisfied with the resort’s services and facilities and that our team members have managed to meet your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service for all our guests and we do really appreciate your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Nubian Island Hotel again very soon, and hope you have another truly enjoyable stay.

If you need anything before you arrive please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Kind regards

Mr. Hesham

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

From start to finish this is the worst holiday I've ever had, the best part of the holiday was on our last day when we finally left, staff in the main restaurant provided little or no quality service whatsoever, having to fetch our own drinks and sitting with dirty plates on the table for quite a time, the food quality and choice was very poor, the hotel is in a very poor state around the pool areas with paint and concrete peeling away in the pools the latest Facebook photos of bottom pool are definitely not recent, we also paid extra for a "garden view bungalow" from which our view was the hotel service road looking at recycling bins standing against the fence joining the next door hotel, to cap off my review I would not return to this hotel if I was offered a free holiday, definitely no recommendations for this place how it can be graded through Thomsons as a 4T+ is way beyond me. Good luck you'll need it!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank Nigels200577
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Just returned home from a 7 night stay, The staff are very friendly and the food will cover everyones different tastes, Its no Michelin star but it did the job, everything was cooked and tasted well with lots of choice, I took my dad aged 75yrs and my son 13yrs we ate there every night with no problems,
The Animation team, Yana, Kaylee, xsusha, Irina, julia were fantastic and friendly, My favourite was Yana she made my holiday she went out of her way to get to know us, since returning home we all have missed her, we would return again solely to see Yana smiling face :)
The English hotel liaison was Jo, very approachable and friendly a lovely lady, My advise take time to get to know these members they will change the quality of your holiday.
Thankyou Nubian island.. we had a great time, hope to see you again in a 2 months thats how much we enjoyed it. :)

2  Thank Wayne S
Hesham F, Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Wayne,

What a wonderful comment! Thank you for posting your experience at our hotel.

It makes us happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our high service standard.
We would also like to thank you awarding our entire staff.

We would like to say it was a pleasure meeting you, your son and of course your father, who I believe enjoyed many knew experiences, including our foam party.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to greeting you again very soon.
Kind regards