“Standard”

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club
Ranked #144 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 28 February 2016

This hotel has many up and down points.

The location was great. A short walk to the sea front and beach, which has a lovely sea-side walk with bars and shops. And it is only a 10-15 minute walk to Nama Bay which had so many shops and bars- just what we wanted!

The Staff were lovely - I would just be a little bit aware of younger girls and some of the men. They do tend to get a little bit too friendly, particularly the bar staff.

Didn't really get involved with entertainment or activities, seemed a bit tack.
And you were bothered by the pool a lot by them, and 'massage men' and 'trip men'.

The place was clean, and we enjoyed our room on ground floor right next to the pool and swimup bar. Where 'Chico' worked. What a character!!
We would wake up in the morning - Walk out onto our patio and he'd have a drink and box of chips ready for us. He was so funny and friendly!! 'Chico Time!!!'

The restaurant had friendly staff.. but i must say - the food was a bit urggg. Not much choice (I don't eat much meat) which I don't blame, but i don't think anyone here enjoyed the food.

I would return to this area, but not to this hotel, I think I'd spend a tiny bit more and get better quality food and drinks!!

Room Tip: Pool View, Ground floor was great!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

We actually stayed in November of 2014 but I doubt it has changed much, when we stayed we truly had one of the best family holidays.
On arrival we were greeted with cool drinks and checking in was very easy! I actually lost my purse straight away and the note staff found it and kept it until I asked, they then asked for ID to ensure it was really me and everything was still there so I was extremely happy with this.
There are two separate parts to the hotel and we stayed in the jasmine part, it's quite a walk from the main reception but you do soon get used to it. My Nan is disabled with arthritis and osteoporosis and managed it everyday.
The entertainment was good albeit a little repetitive. The food was always lovely and we throughly enjoyed it every night, for an all inclusive hotel you really get what you pay for!
Rooms are kept tidy and clean and so are all the grounds. The staff work tirelessly to make sure that guests are enjoying there stay and that nothing is wrong.
A really short walk into town which was lovely, we would often go for a walk after dinner so to be able to walk there and back was really nice!
In all honesty we have been to Egypt a fair few times and I would say this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Accommodation was lovely, food was great, loads of choice. Staff were very attentive...Deisel was fantastic..!!! Staff couldnt do enough for us...only drawback is the long flight there..! Will definately return..!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

Do not use this hotel!!!we paid a lot for this holiday,to start we were put in wrong hotel,on arrival first room had human foul on floors & uncovered food that was left for us was covered in ants,we got three different room due to dirt & flooding,in rooms electric wires..bare wires near dripping water Neva got cleaned & Neva got clean towels or bedding,pool well what can I say no paint on bottom just concrete showing,we got loads of cuts & infections out of pools,we also had big scabs & green puss around our mouths,also sickness really bad & toilet had to be there on hand...mine & my sons medication got stole out our room,inhaler of all things!!& the rep got some medication. From pharmacy for us that was not correct stuff he gave us stuff for hair loss etc,food was undercooked for us all the time & slapped on plate we Neva got offered a drink unless we tipped every time we walked in also it was Egyptians who were holiday at this resort & they got what they wanted & also they let their children poo in pool & they washed in the pool too,also they refused my children bottles of water at bars if they had been & got two already even though there was five of us on this holiday,the security at front of hotel were horrible to my husband all the time & the managers were so rude & spoke to us terrible,Also a lot of Russians...well what can I say,rude,arrogant,& pigs have more manors they smoked over people left rubbish all over had parties all night long,smashed bottles if rooms & our walls outside our rooms,spat in pool,& the beach is actually where boats dock,dirty & miles from hotel..Terrible sort it out...but please don't waste your money.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

Was a nice enough hotel. Loved the layout although too many stairs around the resort make it challenging if you have physical impairment. Alse there isn't a lift to the main dinning area

The food was a large spread although nothing fancy we found it sufficient. there was an omelette chef ready to make fresh omelette with your choice of fillings.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends