1,832 results
All reviews pergola restaurant main pool main restaurant animation team pool bar excellent holiday relaxing holiday cleaned every day sea egypt pools singer barman
Reviewed 22 July 2006

My girlfriend and i stayed at dreams hotel from 10/07/06 - 17/07/06. we found the stay at the hotel and the holiday itself was superb! At first we had a bit of hassle outside the airport with people saying they were staff and trying to pull our cases for us, which they pulled for about 10 yards then demanded money! DON'T LET GO OF YOUR SUITCASE!!!!! This was a bit of a put off as we are both relatively young and quiet people.
When we arrived at the hotel we found the staff very helpful and extremely professional, your cases are taken to rour room by staff who didn't ask for a tip although we gave a £1 out of courtesy. The room was very spacious and very clean. The fridge was filled everyday with soft drinks and water. The bottle opener is in the bathroom for all you visiting the hotel as it took us 4 days struggling to open bottles to find it! towels are changed daily and the cleaners are very good.
The pools in the hotel are massive and there are plenty of them, the water slides are class!!!! The food in the hotel is a bit repetitive after a week but its good food. we never heard 1 complaint of upset stomachs throughout our stay. The trips we booked with thomson were both very good and good value for money. quad biking costs £25 and lasts for about 2 hours. cairo by day cost £175 but was well worth it for all the history you see!!!! be ready for hassle around the pyramids!!!!!! the best thing to do is to not talk to them as they know your language. don't wear an england top!!!!!!!!! We're now thinking of booking again in the future as hotel is superb!! hope our review helps other travellers.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
34  Thank lilsplash
Reviewed 12 July 2006

Hi, we stayed for two weeks in June going into July, and boy was it hot!, The staff were wonderfull, very helpfull and polite. The resort is very big and there is lots to do. We have young children so it was helpful to have a secluded childrens pool down the bottom, that was actually heated. The only dissapontment for us was that there was no real sandy beach for the children, for that you have have to go into Naama Bay and pay an adult fee of about £2. The food was good and there was lots of variety, but it was always the same every day and there wasn't much for the children to eat, besides Pizza and fries, which can get boring if you are staying for two weeks, and if you are eating outside then you are swotting flies with one hand and eating with the other. My kids found that the flies were a real nuisance, but I suppose that can't be helped. The room was good, very spacious, we had a sea view, and the towels were changed daily, the room was cleaned, and water was given, but you have to tip the guy to get lots of water. We went on an overnight to Cairo and I tipped the guy to leave those two days worth of water in the room and he did. The Thomas Cook Reps are abit [---], and don't advise you correctly. Avoid the Sunseekers unless you are snorkelling and don't take kids, they will burn and get bored. The Cairo trips are expensive and tiresome for the kids, but worth seeing the Pyramids, and book early for the bus to Naama bay, or haggle the taxi's to £20 LE.

• Stayed: June 2006
18  Thank FarAway3264
Reviewed 27 June 2006

I have came back from the Dreams Beach Resort last Thursday (22nd June 06) and after reading many of the reports on this forum and from recommendations by the travel agency, I was looking forward to the holiday.

When I got to the hotel, we were one of the last stops and this complex looked far the best. On arrival, the staff were extreamily helpful and the check in proceedure was quick and efficient, however you do tend to look more at the interia decor more. The staff will take your luggage to your room whilst you walk to the room. Once getting comfortable, the bags are arriving however the baggage people do like to be tiped about £1.

Our stay at the complex was out of this world. The staff could not do enough for you and they are very kind especially to the English. We arrived on the 8th June and so the first few days were quite, however by the end of the holiday, not only was the complex quite busy, but also plenty of entertainment going off. The average temp around the pool was about 55oC and so was the dessert on safari's. The average temp at night was about 30oC however you do have very efficient air conditioning in every room.

As far as the food goes, the panorama restaurant was not open but you had some nice views from there. The grill house did some nice food but dont expect steaks! This restaurant is more kebabs of fish, beef, vegetables, etc. You do have to book for here.

The next one is the Love Boat. I did not eat here as I was with a friend and we were not a couple, however I was told the food was nice. It is necessary to book here and there is an extra cost. The evening also includes entertainment.

By the pool, you have an italian restaurant which did some nice food and you were well looked after in here. Again you have to book but with no extra cost. They have a different menu daily so before you book, check out the menu.

Further up to the main reception, you have a resturant which is indoor and outdoor so you can cool off with air con or sit outside. This is a general help yourself and the food is basic so dont expect anything fancy. This is the same place where you would have your morning breakfast.

The final and last place to eat is My Place. You need to book between 2pm and 6pm and they have a different set menu for each day. This restaurant is for smartly dressed only so no shorts and t-shirts. It is trousers and shirts. You can only book once per each week of stay, however if they like you, then you can get away with eating more frequently there. I ate there three times and was offered a forth time. It does help with a little tip!

My Place is the only place on site where you get a proper pint in a glass.

The surrounds were very clean and all rooms get cleaned daily. Again we tiped our cleaner £1 daily which then helped us having a full fridge of drinks, otherwise it is 2 waters and 2 soft drinks.

The entertainment team were good at what they did and did there best at motivating people, however in the heat they worked in, you have to give them a lot of credit.

A word about the dreaded sun beds! I was up daily naturally at between 5am and 5.30am when the sun was rising so therefore I went down to the pool and got sun loungers. If you dont stay with the loungers, all towels are removed about 6.15 and again before 7am. If you get an early lounger, then stay with them till after 7.30am on the safe side. Our overseas friends of the Ger***s were of course not happy about this as they also wanted to first in the breakfast lounge.

There is so much to say about this complex with very few or none bad points. I would definitely book again and am looking mid September 06 to go again as this is the far better holiday I have been on and is worth every penny.

If you like your snorkelling, then the resorts reefs are full of interest, however for the best fish and coral, I found the blue hole the better of the places I visited.

The only down fall of the holiday was the last week when kids were leaving stools in the pool on a regular basis. i.e. 1 - 3 times a day, however the staff were onto this imediately and dealt with correctly. This I did notice as I also used to be a pool lifeguard and I know the proceedures set.

The only thing also was the staff sometimes looked tired, but then they were working 14 hours on average a day for seven day ros for a period of two - three months before having two weeks off to see their family which tend to be in Cairo and for the cleaners only earning £8 a month, you can only feel sorry for them. After all, I would not work those hours for that money and in that heat, but for them it is work and the money is need for food.

Anyway, if you want more photos, then let me know and I will be happy to send. The email is christopherbrn@hotmail.com.

Happy holiday and hope to see you there.

p.s. another recomended hotel is the HIlton in Sharm. All the other I recommend to stay away from what others have told me.

p.p.s. cannot download photos, so you will have to email me or check out my msn site.

Stayed: June 2006
40  Thank Chris_brn
Reviewed 20 June 2006

My husband and I stayed at Dreams Beach resort from 1/06/06 – 15/06/06. We thought we had got a good deal for an all inclusive holiday for what we paid - until we got there.
Although I mentioned some of these things to my Thomas Cook Rep she said it was just the way things are here.

Although I drank bottled water, avoided sea food anything uncooked / peeled fruit etc, brushed teeth with bottled water and took re-hydration sachets I had diarrhoea for most of the holiday taking medication I took with me and also spent £20 in the hotel pharmacy on medication and used a hand sanitizer regularly it was only the last day I didn’t have to run to the toilet every hour or so.
My husband had been snorkelling and after showering found he had lost his hearing we went to the hotel clinic and a Doctor came to see him an hour later, he prescribed some antibiotics and gave him an injection which restored some hearing, he then had to go back 2 days later to get his ear syringed the total cost for this was £90( £20 just to syringe it)

This is a Muslim country and I believe topless bathing should not be allowed around the pool. This is very different to a beach in Spain. I was appalled at the sight of women’s breasts at 8am just after breakfast ( Especially the 60 year old’s ). However the animation team Massage master’s and trip seller’s targeted topless women which just reinforced their perception of European women as slags. This needs to be banned out of respect for the Muslims around the pool which included women and children.

This is unbelievable, but in temperatures of 38 c plus we were served tiny glasses of soft drinks and warm water, you had to buy cold water by the bottle but it wasn’t included in the all inclusive. There were 2 free bottles in your fridge in your room but once you were outside half an hour it would be warm. Bottled water needs to be available at all times all inclusive.
The glasses of soft drinks were served in were so small you were finished after a couple of mouth fulls so we had to make another trip back for more. We asked for larger glasses but were told the manager said no. Bigger glasses means less requests for drinks less queues and less washing up.
The beer actually tasted nice and was cold but again small glasses approx 1/3 of a pint again resulting in more requests for drinks bigger queues and more washing up.
The wine is disgusting.
In My Place restaurant they actually served beer in pint glasses we asked if we could take these into the reception Bar and were told no. We went to a Bar in Fantasia (the local shopping centre) and purchased a pint glass at a cost of £5!! We took this back to the hotel and they filled it with beer no problem. Why can’t pint glasses be available for those who want them?

Animation Team had new people join nearly every few days with the entertainment getting worse and worse towards end of holiday we ended up with one girl who looked as if she hadn’t even left school yet, and we knew the fiesta dance better than any of them!!
The Animation Team shows were appallingly bad; the only good nights were the Fakir show which lasted about 20 minutes. The belly dancer and the whirling dervish were good but we had to pay an extra £8.50 to see them at the Bedouin buffet.

The quality of the food was good but Breakfast was poorly catered for the English (Beef Bacon, chicken sausage!!)Mashed Potato, salad and peppers for Breakfast!! We lived on eggs for the fortnight and there only so many ways you can eat eggs. Dinner and evening meals were very repetitive and not much choice at all. There were lots of nice desserts but feel there should have been more main meals instead.

We were constantly attacked around the pool by flies and they bit!

Most hotels have the facility at reception to exchange Travellers Cheques – not Dreams Resort they have a separate bank which is only open certain hours. We were stuck a couple of time when wanting to Exchanging Travellers Cheques and found it was closed on one occasion the ATM was also not working so were completely stuck.

Booking My Place and Grill House – Bookings should be also taken at reception as the times allowed to book these meals were very restricted. Also why do men have to wear long trousers in My Place? Your legs are hidden under the table for the full meal, my husband was not allowed in with ¾ trousers, and had to change. While we were eating another couple came in and were told he could not come in without long trousers he hadn’t brought any on holiday (you wouldn’t if you knew the temperatures were 35 c plus!)

Every time we went to book the courtesy bus to Naama Bay it was always full they should be more frequent than 5 times a day. The hotel Taxi cost 30 Egyptian pounds one way but a blue and white Taxi cost only 20 – 25 they try to put the price up after agreeing but don’t give in they even show you a picture of their little girl – ‘for my baby’

From the first morning of our holiday we discovered if you want a sun bed you have to be up early we therefore did not have a lie in on holiday up at 7.00am each morning.

Although the quad biking was an excellent trip, the trip to Ras Mohamed was not published correctly at all. We booked this through one of the reps who came round the pool but found out that it was actually through the Diving centre at Dreams Beach Resort and should be advertised as "for Divers or experienced snorkellers only". As I am neither I found myself stuck on a boat all day in searing heat and could not even go in the sea to cool off as the boat only stopped to drop Divers/ snorkellers off and pick them up. I had my own mask and snorkel but as I had only snorkelled once before was not comfortable swimming in a safari group in very deep water and also the boat sailed away once you were dropped in the sea. We were advised before going on this trip there would be places for less experienced snorkellers but there was not.
This spoilt the day for me and my husband and as for Ras Mohamed all I saw was deep sea water.

IF I was to go to Egypt again I would pay more for a better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006
16  Thank maldives
Reviewed 19 June 2006

We have just returned from Dreams Beach Resort. I have to say this was fantastic!
The food, cleanliness, staff I could not fault, the staff could not do enough for you, we were treated like royalty. The only downfall was the evening entertainment it wasn't the best but after a day on the beach snorkelling and swimming in the pools, you were too tired for entertainment, but it would of been nice if there had been more variety.
I would recommend you have to try this hotel and we will return again, but not at this time of year it was slightly too hot for us 47o most days was slightly too hot! We would return either January or February, cant wait to book for next year.
Many Thanks too all the Staff for making our holiday the best!
Mandy Callaghan - North West