“A great holiday”

Dreams Beach Resort
Ranked #108 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My 13yr old daughter & I have just returned & I have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable & relaxing. All staff were helpful & friendly, I'm going to moan ever so slightly about was the food.....it wasn't bad I just could've done with a bit more food catered for the English...They're was so many Russians,Germans & Polish & the evening entertainment was not professionals. The men in general, off resort made me feel uncomfortable but the Rep looked after us & we had a cracking couple of nights in Naama bay...love it! Was well looked after & wouldn't hesitste to go back some time in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Having had time to gather my thoughts here is my review of our first hotel in Sharm.Overall the room we had was more than good enough for the amount of time we spend in them.If one thing let it down it was the bathroom which could have done with some attention,but not enough for us to complain about.The room was cleaned etc.during the day but fridge was not restocked till early evening when we got in.Obviously the maid is looking for a tip but it is a matter for the individual.Personally i dont have a problem.We always go armed with plenty of one dollar bills no matter where we go and dont mind tipping,no matter what some people say they do look after you when tipped and this applies everywhere.In this case we ended up with more water,coffee etc than we could handle. As regards the pool and beach areas it depends what you want.The main pool was not for us as it was to busy so spent all our time on the beach area.It should be noted that the beach is man made built onto and into the cliffs/rocks and as such does not go into sea.Did have my doubts about this before we went but actually it works very well.This is the place to go to relax,lovely views out to the red sea both from sunbed and the beach bar.There is also a pool just off the beach and this was very much to our liking,peacefull and not very busy.Did not seem to be any trouble getting a sunbed but here again we tipped the beach guy and our spot was reserved everyday.So far so good but now to the food.This is what lets this place down for me.From a personal viewpoint there is not enough choice in the main buffet aimed at brits.Compared to the other hotels we have been to in Egypt it was definitely lacking in this respect.Having said that we got by and also went to the Asian restaurant three times for chinese/indian but you have to pay extra.There are also two other restaurants you can use as part of all inclusive but we did not bother,Could not fault the staff in anyway and as regards the bar staff at the beach bar and in the Vacation side at night we were seriously looked after,all be it with the odd tip.Did not venture into Naama Bay but did walk to shopping center up the road.To get there from main entrance cross over main roads and turn left,timed it at 20 mins.Here you will find shops/bars/Macs/KFC etc and no hassle.So overall we had a good time but have certainly been to better,but for the money we paid it was ok and probably worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Just arrived back from 2 weeks had a great holiday, weather very hot. My partner did his PADI with the dive Centre there and they were all brilliant, we ate at the Asia house and the Mexican both recommended so much so some of the couples we met went twice! My partner is allergic to nuts so after letting them know everytime we entered the resteraunt he was greeted taken over the the chef who went through all the food that he could eat and what he couldn't they were excellent, the rooms were cleaned daily whatever time we left the room. Taxi's are available from the entrance of the hotel and are 30 Egyptian pounds to Na'ama Bay or into Old Sharm, thoroughly enjoyed out holiday and met some brilliant people there!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SILAW
Reviewed 23 October 2012

First of all without wishing to sound like a pedantic isolated westerner I feel I should point out that the hotel itself is excellent, good room, great location and food that is absolutely fine and provided value for money. The a la carte restaurants are great as are the one you pay for (if you can stomach paying for food in an all inclusive)

BUT

Our stay was absolutely ruined by staff who continually harass guests, in order to try and sell meals, massages, diving trips and all manner of things. Whilst I appreciate that people are poor and that Egypt as a country is a poor. I also feel it should be remembered that it is a holiday I booked and not a fact finding mission for the UN. Myself and my husband would be asked by each individual member of staff on at least 3 occasions about excursions trips, diving and anything else, that is 3 times by perhaps 9-10 staff members, add that up and you can see how frustrating it was. Don't try to pretend you are sleeping that wont work as they will stand over you and continually say "my friend my friend", exceptionally tedious, I was also asked on one occasion, "you are new here you are pale, will you go scuba diving. They seem infatuated with selling trips and asking for tips. I cannot reiterate how frustrating this can be when you are trying to have a relaxing holiday. Quite simply they would not accept no for an answer. I raised this with the Thomas Cook tour rep who did state that they had received numerous complaints also about this. It completely ruined the holiday. i would suggest going to your room for peace, but the male maid (no females seem to do this job) would wait at the stairs and follow you to your room telling you how he had cleaned your room, he would ask for change and also stated that the minibar would be restocked if he was tipped.

I totally understand that people are poor but as I mentioned I am on holiday and there to relax on my terms.

To sum up if the staff could address their behavior the actual hotel would have been really good and no doubt enjoyable. One last thing if your tour guide is Thomas Cook good luck with making any form of complaint to them as they are simply not interested and come over as a company that has lost its way.

Room Tip: Not so much a good room the trick would appear to be to avoid the maid who will accost you for a tip...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kodi2010
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel a previous year and couldnt believe how good this hotel was.
however i stayed there again this year and can safely say i'll never return.
Its not 5* at all and should have its 5* status revised. In the whole two weeks staying there i never found one peice of chicken that was cooked properly.
We met a couple out there that due to poor quality of food was put on a drip for two days!
There was almost no entertainment some nights there were even notices posted around to say if you wanted entertainment you had to go to the sister hotel Dreams Vaccation at 10pm for a childs show. The animation team were no where to be seen. When we did manage to find them they were to busy drinking and chatting up girls! Not a single person we met while staying enjoyed their stay. Spent the whole time counting down the days till i left. The staff were rude. Since coming back have put in a complaint. Our bedroom and bathroom smelt like raw sewage. They tried to charge us for entertainment which last times we stayed was free. Other families that had been returning to the same hotel for seven years have sworn they shall never return. We had to ASK for our mini bar to be refilled. Couple of hours after asking again and again they would bring us drinks that were almost boiling hot. And for the mangement PFTT what a joke.I usually dont listen to negative reviews myself, however the negative reviews are spot on. Don't waste your money on this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family