We just got back two days ago, feel very rested and chilled as the hotel enabled us to have a geat relaxeing week which was just what we needed. The hotel grounds are superb, continually being maintained. At night, the views were spectacular. The room was spacious, with a massive bed and a lounge area. The decor was a little tired and the fridge and TV ancient but the space and extreme cleanliness well made up for that. The roomboy's arrangement of our cards, a heart shaped towel and pink petals on Valentine's day was a super touch and a lovely memory of our stay. Although a very large number of guests, we were made to feel special and individual, which is a real strength of the hotel. The bar staff and the waiters were unfailingly polite and amusing, nothing too much trouble. We attended a drinks with the management focus group which was a very good idea for them to get feedback. It also made us feel our views counted. The food was mainly excellent, though we joked the puddings all tasted the same. Why no ice cream ? The salads were great. I did enjoy the exercise classes, twice a day, led with great enthusiasm. The water gym was popular but I did not go in for that. On the downside, the evenings in February are cold and there is nowhere to sit inside (unless you pay to drink in the lobby bar which is a bit pointless on an all inclusive). An indoor lounge, or at least more heaters would be better. The beach was rather crowded and not very inviting. The Cactus pool quickly became our comfort zone. The walk into Naam Bay, along the beach path (don't walk the main road way or you will be hassled by taxis all the way) was pleasant and about 15 minutes. Just right for us as we are good walkers. We loved the shopping and found you didn't get so hassled inside the shopping centre. You need to get used to the haggling style, don't be put off shopping as there are great designer copy bargains to be had. We met some super Egyptian characters while shopping and had some vey interesting convesations. It is wierd how one reviewer complains about the commercialisation of Sharm - it is a purpose built resort, what else but commerce would you expect ?
We are already planning our next visit and would definitely choose this hotel again - we loved it. Thank you to all the staff for giving us such a happy holiday experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino Sharm El Sheikh, stretching across the sands of Naama Bay, overlooks the Red Sea and South Sinai desert and mountains. The resort's traditional Arabic domes and archways form a village-style ambiance. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, and seven swimming pools for relaxing laps in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta