Chose this hotel from majour tour operators brochure...as the second week following a cruise...BIG mistake.
Seasoned travellers...been to Egypt before...and really enjoyed it...hence the repeat....
Wasnt impressed with the first room...it was small and dark...with an interconnecting door, without a lock. No no!! Fridge was dirty & neglected and badly iced up. (Photos)
Bathroom was dirty....and very small. Sister is 5 foot, and she had difficulty using the loo...(see photo) Loose wiring for the air con controls (photos)
Second room..a long long way from reception or the restaurants or beach. Too far dear sister to walk...so another NO NO...
Third room...smelt awful...like a gents urinal...and given I had a cold...it must have been bad...No No...
Fourth room...brighter and better....lovely room, much brighter...and reasonably clean...with a sunken marble bath..not really possible for anyone with walking difficulties to get in and out of....Steps in room...and 9 to access the room at all....with no alternative access...
This review of rooms took place over a three hour period...without so much as a glass of water being offered.
Sitting in the reception area....noticed the dust & dirt in public rooms...(See photo)
After a lot of hassle...we managed to get a move to a different hotel for the following morning...and had to spend a very sleepless night in the first room offered....the others were no longer available.....
While checking out...we were the only clients for whom "must check the mini-bar" as our word that we hadnt used anything was challenged. No one else had the room stocks verified...and this took 30 minutes....
Feel badly treated and let down by the hotel. The staff were rude and unhelpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino Sharm El Sheikh, stretching across the sands of Naama Bay, overlooks the Red Sea and South Sinai desert and mountains. The resort's traditional Arabic domes and archways form a village-style ambiance. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, and seven swimming pools for relaxing laps in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta