We booked this holiday for our wedding anniversary and were looking forward to a relaxing beach holiday.
It is difficult to find fault with this hotel.
The rooms are a little dated, and could do with a refurbishment but they are exceptionally clean. The bathrooms only have a shower, which is fine, however the shower cubicles are a little bit claustrophobic but the shower itself is good.
The hotel grounds are exceptional (I think these are the best maintained gardens I have seen in Egypt) and to maintain the gardens to such an exceptional standard takes a lot of hard work.
The breakfast buffet is not the best I have ever had choice wise but it served its purpose well. However, one thing I would criticise is the cakes. Considering there is an onsite bakery, the cakes are very dry. We had a cake from the bakery one evening that looked delicious but was so dry it was inedible.
The beach area was spotlessly clean and there are plenty of sunbeds so there is no need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve your bed but plenty of people do this and do not return until lunchtime.
As for the staff, they are absolutely faultless. They are so friendly and polite, and nothing is too much trouble for any of them. I would also point out that at no time did I ever feel they expected a tip for any little “extra” they did for you.
Unfortunately, there is a major downside, which I feel I should make people aware of, as it will prevent me from returning not only this hotel but to the Naama Bay area in general. When we first arrived, we were allocated room 2313. We had a dreadful flight to Egypt and were looking forward to getting to the hotel and getting an early night. Not a chance. Being located in the centre of Naama Bay I expected there to be a certain level of noise but I was in no way prepared for the loudness or for the length of time, this went on for. It was like being in a disco and sleep was impossible until after 4.00am. We mentioned this at Reception who explained (as we already guessed) that as the noise coming from outside the hotel there is very little they can do, however they did note our comments.
After a few more days and still not getting any sleep, we went to Guest Relations and spoke to Ursina. Ursina was extremely sympathetic and very helpful. She explained that the noise was coming from Pacha and Monty’s (in Naama Bay) and also from the Bedouin area who have a licence to play music until 4.00am. The hotel is obviously very aware of the situation and the problems it is causing.
Without hesitation, Ursina offered us a move of room and we went to room 115. This room was a lot smaller than our previous room and faced the service road but in the hope of finally getting a decent night’s sleep, we took the room. Ursina also assured us that if we were not happy there were other rooms available.
Sadly, this room did not fare much better. Although we were unable to hear music from the previous areas, we were now subject to noise from a nearby hotel, which we suspect may have been the Ghazala. This went on until approximately 2.00am.
We stuck this out for a couple of nights and then we took Ursina up on her offer of another move to 3113. This room was much the same as our first room but faced the main dual carriage way. There was a lot of traffic noise but at least you could not hear any music!!! We finally got a half decent nights sleep in this room but as the road is never quite there were occasional disturbance from tooting horns and screeching brakes but this was preferable to music thumping through your body.
This is such a lovely hotel and its a shame that the noise issues would prevent me and other guests from returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'The hotel occupies a prime location right in the centre of Sharm el Sheikh on Naama Bay’s promenade and sandy beaches of the Red Sea, offering 396 rooms including 23 suites, in 42 bungalows. All rooms are equipped with balcony or terrace, bathroom/WC, hairdryer, climate control, minibar, safe, telephone and Satellite TV. The cosy standard rooms are located in the Sport Area, which is around 300 metres from the main building and 700 metres from the beach. The comfort rooms are situated at the Palm Area, located beside the main reception area. 50 to 500 metres from the beach is the Preferred Front Area where the elegant superior rooms are situated. Gastronomic facilities feature 9 restaurants and bars covering a broad spectrum of international cuisine including 4 à-la-carte restaurants (thereunder a French and an Italian one) and the famous Beach BBQ. 24-hour room service is provided. The hotel’s expansive grounds and sports facilities ensure active guests have plenty to do. Newly built Thai Spa and wellness center, 4 tennis courts, children club, SUBEX diving centre, parasailing, various water sports, volleyball, horse/camel riding, safaris, jeep, quad and boat trips are offered. The Maritim Jolie Ville golf course is approx. 7 km from the hotel. Two pools (one with seawater and one with freshwater) are amidst the landscaped gardens. Kids will enjoy their time in the holiday club, open the whole year through for children from 4 to 12 years. Bakery, shops, bank, limousine service and a doctor in house are also offered. Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino occupies a conference centre, built on 3.000 m² of land, consisting of 7 meeting rooms, the biggest of which can accommodate up to 500 persons. All meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology. Besides, the “Casino Royale” is operated by Casinos Austria International and located opposite the hotel. Business hours of reception: 24/7 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort And Casino Sharm El-Sheikh