S Class All-Inclusive.
Free upgrade to honeymoon suite, interesting after 28yrs of marriage, jacuzzi in bedroom.
Firstly, a few (minor) points.
1) Royal Savoy gives free private transport, including excellent help with Sharm immigration. This is not obvious; you need to organise directly with hotel. Luckily prewarned from Tripadvisor.
2) S class includes free 7 pieces of laundry. Put in after 9am, delivered back to room after 6pm next day. 3 phone calls later, we got laundry back 48hrs later. Big apology from laundry, and a gratis RS polo shirt - nice touch.
3) Different restaurants/bars; sometimes a little confusing about what is covered by S class AI.
4) Saffron restaurant (Middle East food) food a little tired and bland
5) Italian restaurant, excellent food but service somewhat hit and miss (only restaurant we did not give a tip)
That's the nitpicking finished.
Everything else was excellent. The RS staff are the friendliest, most helpful and willing we have met. Nothing was too much trouble, they all went that bit further to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We cannot name any individual, they were all exceptional.
Breakfast in RS had slightly limited choice, but good quality, and the "egg man" surprises were - surprising.
The restaurants we really enjoyed were Bombay(Indian) , Eest(Pacific Rim Fusion) and the Seafood Restaurant(Lunch). Seafood restaurant, for lunch, please don't bother paying extra for lobster, the catch of the day and seafood mixed grill are both very good. Please remember that food is very subjective.
RS lounge seems to have continual supply of very tasty snacks, drinks and cocktails.
Even the cabanas, on the beach, have telephones to order soft drinks, beers and cocktails- Bishoy makes an excellent Strawberry Daquari.
Would we stay here again; certainly.
Would we recommend this hotel; no question.
Caveat: This hotel can give you ideas of lotus-eating, an increased waistline, and reduced use of your legs. If this is your idea of a great holiday, and it was ours, this is the place for you.
We have stayedvinmany hotels, and this is the first time I' ve written a lengthy report such as this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Savoy is an exclusive club wing, complete with its own private lounge, terrace, pool, and beach area. Created for guests who prefer to stay in a more intimate and secluded location within the grounds of the Savoy. The Royal Savoy offers rooms of exceptional grace and comfort, all providing views over Tiran islands or the hotel's landscaped gardens. The rooms range in size from the generous standard rooms, to the famous luxury Suites. All rooms are welcoming and capacious, offering an exceptional combination of style and function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh