USD 228
Prima Life Makadi(Makadi Bay)
USD 122
USD 146
USD 307
  • Pool
  • Pool
Jaz Makadina(Makadi Bay)
2,529 results
All reviewswest wingbeach barfishsaga wingsaga loungepavilion restaurantidive centrered rocksrock barcool boxsuperior roomtwo double bedsanimation teamother hotelssea viewthomas cooksoft drinks
Reviewed 1 June 2015

This was to be our third visit to The Fort situated in Makadi Bay close to Hurghada....We were certainly were not disappointed.
The staff treat you well and if you are a previous visitor, welcome you back warmly. From the cleaners to the restaurant staff and beach team, they try hard to service your stay. The beach is fantastic and the gardens well kept. Snorkelling is still a great experience on the corals with beautiful emperor and angel fish in plenty.
Sunbeds are ample and the beach service supplying cool drinks and fruit available for just £3.00 daily. Food I thought was better than previous visits (No issues) and I can honestly say no stomache problems and something for everyone. Deserts were exceptional....
Drinks are branded and canned or glassed bottled. Room fridges are filled with water,pop and fruit juices daily.
The weather was over 100 degrees most days but accompanied always by a pleasant breeze. The rooms are served well with air conditioning with clean towels daily.
The Fort is still a great place to stay with great people. If you want to be critical then look closer to home because Egypt is a beautiful country. Give yourself to the people and converse and they will recipricate...
Well done Fort Arabesque. We will return once again.
Salam Alekum

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MRN66
Reviewed 1 June 2015

we stayed for two weeks in april. during that time it was our 50 wedd anniv. we booked the surf and turf at the beach bar and we had a very enjoyable evening. the food was spot on and as much drink as we wanted. the only dissapointment was ( for me anyway ) that nothing was done extra special for our anniv. no cake or champaine and nobody ( except our friends ) offered their congratulations. maybe thay dont make a fuss of a golden wedding out there

other than that we had a great time --we were upgraded to a top floor with fantastic views. food was really good . always three or four meat and fish choices with loads of veg and potatoes either chipped wedged mashed or roasted. loads of salads.
soup was brill as well.
please ignore people who complain about the food--there is nothing wrong with it --only thing i missed was bacon--but then we were in egypt

rooms were good --two large 6ft beds --very comfortable. huge walk in shower.
habab cleaned the room every day and made a very good job of it. left us plates of fruit as well.

the crowning glory though has to be the beach--gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
all that lovely sand and the blue sea. huge sunshades and comfy padded sunbeds

love the fort and will be back next year--looking at mid may this time . my husbands birthday plus my friends 50 wedd anniv. should be good. cant wait

Room Tip: upper floor in any block--for the views
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roadrunner340
Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

My partner and myself stayed here for a week at the end of May, it was a last minute holiday and not something we would usually consider however we knew that the beach was amazing for snorkelling having stayed next door in previous years, the hotel is very dated and Could do with some serious uplifting, the food is very much a let down at this hotel as there was just nothing at all to make a meal of its the smallest all inclusive buffet I have ever seen especially for the size of the hotel I ended up living off chips for dinner and pasta for tea for the whole week and we are certainly not fussy eaters, the staff in the restaurant were not always very polite however at the main bar and beach bar the staff were lovely and would always bring you a drink and have a chat with you, the rooms are again very dated and the cleaner never cleaned our room proberly once he just changed the towels and empty the bin, the only thing this hotel has going for it in our opinion is the beach which is amazing and you have so much room the coral and fish you see here is great, also there are very few English people at this hotel so I defiantly would not return here...

Stayed: May 2015
4  Thank Crazyleighann
FORTARAB, Manager at Fort Arabesque Resort, Spa & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Dear Guest,
We appreciate that you have taken the time to evaluate our hotel and we apologize if the hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Your comments have been noted and passed on to the relevant departments.
However, in general, our guests are very satisfied with the variety and quality of our presented food, and we have no record of complaints or shortfalls in our logbooks, which would have given us the opportunity to satisfy your needs.
We hope to meet you again as our guest, and to determine whether the hotel has improved its service.
The Management

Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

I am currently here at the hotel and am writing this on the 29th of May . This is an odd place of contrasts I'm currently in the West wing , I have received polite kindness and very helpful staff from the lobby staff and the room cleaners . So why the waiting staff in the west wing restaurant have chosen to blank my thank you's and pleases I don't know if you don't like your job get another one

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Certainly the best hotel and beach in Makadi Bay. Compared to the others I saw there's more space for the beach lover.
My first impression of the coral (for snorkelling) was disappointing, much of it seemed to be damaged or dead, the scale of fish numbers and variety was not as good as those I experienced at Radisson Blue in El Quiser two years ago, however my experiences improved the more I swam.
The hotel's décor and exterior furniture was rather tired, but this did not detract from the enjoyment of my stay. The food was good and plentiful, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The army of gardening staff keep the extensive gardens vibrant and lush, a pleasure to walk around.
The hotel's Animation team were the best I've experienced, continually on the go throughout the day finishing the day off with some very good (and some not so good) entertainment.
Many of my fellow guests return again and again, so they must be doing something right.

Room Tip: Where I stayed (West wing)all rooms had a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends