“Avoid this place”

Rivoli Spa and Wellness
Ranked #13 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Hurghada
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The worst spa I've ever been to. Whole bus load (approx. 20 people) herded through like sheep - staff intimidating and bossy. Made to pack ourselves into the sauna altogether for 10 minutes, same with the steam room and then the hammam. My friend and I had booked the Cleopatra package with included a chocolate face mask. Wherever I've been before a face mask has been wiped off for you, here I was sent into the (smelly) shower to wash myself, whilst my friend had jugs of cool water thrown over her. We then had to wait well over an hour in our wet costumes, and the tatty threadbare robe provided (no towels or slippers/flip flops) for the massages. We all had a different experience, none of which were at all professional, with some very un-European practises! Do not go here unless you are very liberally minded. I cannot believe Thomas Cook send their customers here, shame on you Thomas Cook.

4  Thank Gillhoward
"hotel"
in 6 reviews
"egypt"

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Booked with Thomas Cook in my hotel for €70 for two people including transfers for sauna, steam, jacuzzi, hammam and full body massage.

The place was nice and the prices were reasonably in comparison to my hotel spa but simple errors made my experience the opposite of relaxing!

Firstly, we were given the chance to go into the sauna and steam room. As our group all went in at the same time it was a bit crowded but fine. Then my partner and I were taken through for a hammam massage. My partner was seen to straight away and I was left to sit on the edge for 25 minutes doing nothing! One couple and one group of three got pushed ahead of me and as the gap was so big between me and my partner I didn’t see her for the next two hours or so.

After the hammam, I went to the jacuzzi for a little bit then through to another took with TVs where I had to sit by myself in amongst other groups for another 20 minutes or so.

After that, I went in for my massage which started at 18:00 and I had to write down it finished at 18:50 before the massage started. When the massage finished the clock had magically been covered with a notepad but on checking my phone in the changing rooms I found my massage had finished at 18:40.

I walked upstairs, didn’t get a chance to have a tea or anything and was told my bus back to the hotel was waiting. Clearly the 25 minutes I was waiting for my hammam meant I was running late for everything else but that’s the fault of the spa and I shouldn’t be punished for it.

So all in all, despite being a nice place, I didn’t feel relaxed at all as I was quite annoyed at having to wait so long, getting pushed to the back of the queue, not being able to spend time with my partner and then being given a shorter massage than what I paid for.

1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We‘ve booked a SPA program (Cleopatra VIP) via TUI. It consisted of 5 parts: Sauna, Hamam, steam bath, Jacuzzi and a massage.

The Sauna was horrible. We were 12 people in a tiny sauna and were sitting there like chickens in the henhouse. Also the served water after the sauna tasted like directly from the pool and not like fresh drinking water.

After the sauna all people were brought to the Hamam where all together got there treatment. During the treatment they took pictures of us to sell them afterwards. The whole setting including that they took pictures was uncomfortable and not like a Spa should be.

The following steam bath was like a production line „go in - go out - don’t relax“.

The massage in the end was painful and not professional. At no point of the 45 minutes massage I had the feeling that they knew what they did.

All in all, it’s not relaxing in this spa at all. I absolutely don’t recommend this Spa and do not understand how TUI can sell something like this.

2  Thank Tobias I
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We went to this spa on a Thomas Cook offer from our hotel. We had a2 hour treatment session including, sauna, soapy body scrub in the Turkish Hammam, steam room, jacuzzi, relaxation time with tea and a full body massage. Very relaxing and our skin felt very nice afterwards. Unfortunately my husband had his flip flops taken whilst there and a similar pair left in their place! Luckily they fit. We returned again at the end of our holiday to repeat the experience. The staff were very good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

On holiday with my daughter and we decided on our first full day to have a Turkish bath to enable us to get the best tan possible. We looked around the hotel spa where we were staying and they offered only massages or the full hammam at €115. We had a €15 discount card and in the end they were offering it half price for €50 each however we were only looking for a Turkish bath so we booked on a Thomas Cook excursion to this local spa approximately 20 minutes away from our hotel for £16 each including transfers both ways. The place is welcoming and clean. There are both ladies and gents changing rooms but this is where the segregation ends so for those wanting ladies/gents only this is not for you I’m afraid. We had a sauna, steam room then the Turkish bath itself which was in a communal room full of people. I’m not particularly shy and was wearing a tankini so not too bothered about other people there. There were ladies to carry out the treatments but mine and my daughters bath were carried out by a man and felt a tad personal at times but it is done professionally and well (although I am particularly ticklish which they thought was funny every time I burst out laughing). I think my teenage daughter would have preferred a more ladies only environment with a lady carrying out the treatment but they did keep us together within the group itself which was reassuring to both of us. After the bath we had a jacuzzi.... one of them appeared to be broken so there always seemed to be a queue with at least 5 people sharing at a time. We ended up getting a chocolate face mask by accident as the guy doing them didn’t check our arm bands properly to see which treatment we were on... the manager picked up on this and didn’t mind telling us it was on him. We washed off and got changed and waited for the rest of the group to finish their treatments which took quite a while before we could get dropped off at our relevant hotels.

All in all good value for money.

Tip:
Take a change of clothes with you - they provide lockers. We were told we didn’t need anything and had to sit in soggy bathing suits on the way home!

1  Thank Lisa B